Im the North bank , Im the North bank.......

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
treygoony

Post by treygoony »

digger wrote:
mikeyb772001 wrote:As a red member now when i sit in the upper tier above the away fans (only place i can get tickets really) i cant even hear the singing corner even when they really get into song you cant hear much at all.
Why not allow red members have the option of sitting in the north bank
lower and upper and make the whole end support red action!

Most of the "north bank lower" is season ticket only (think the same is true for most of the upper around there to).... why would people move just because some fans think they don't sing enough? Heard the same argument a thousand times before, even at Highbury, you can't force people to sing, and you can't force Season ticket holders to move even if they tried.

How would you know that the "red" member who buys the seat will be any more vocal (and not just another jcl tourist going to their one game a season, taking photos of the stadium, recording videos of the crowd celebrating when we score, blocking the aisles with carrier bags full of deliciously overpriced Arsenal Plc merchandise?)
You can't but the "north bank lower" that is filled with ST holders are generally sitting down doing nothing. Guess it's a lose lose situation?

mikeyb772001
Location: Block 6! Drunk and standing next to a mad man with no clothes on!

Post by mikeyb772001 »

Hi Mate

yeh thats a good point, but there are still thousands of red members who really want to get behind the team, the staudium is big enough to section these fans where ever they decide to sit them. Ive been to countless matches where there is a divide of singing fans and fans who want to sit in peace. Why not create more atmosphere, were the mighty arsenal but with the most quiet stadium ever.
Look at scouserpool , many times there 12th man (the crowd) have sucked the ball to the net many a time! We have a little corner and the ocasional few who get together to sing, mostly "stand up if you hate tottenham" It needs to change.
digger wrote:
mikeyb772001 wrote:As a red member now when i sit in the upper tier above the away fans (only place i can get tickets really) i cant even hear the singing corner even when they really get into song you cant hear much at all.
Why not allow red members have the option of sitting in the north bank
lower and upper and make the whole end support red action!

Most of the "north bank lower" is season ticket only (think the same is true for most of the upper around there to).... why would people move just because some fans think they don't sing enough? Heard the same argument a thousand times before, even at Highbury, you can't force people to sing, and you can't force Season ticket holders to move even if they tried.

How would you know that the "red" member who buys the seat will be any more vocal (and not just another jcl tourist going to their one game a season, taking photos of the stadium, recording videos of the crowd celebrating when we score, blocking the aisles with carrier bags full of deliciously overpriced Arsenal Plc merchandise?)

potter

Post by potter »

]

You can't but the "north bank lower" that is filled with ST holders are generally sitting down doing nothing. Guess it's a lose lose situation?[/quote]

Actually I stand near the back of block 10 and on average I would think 9, 10 & 11 stand 75% of the time. So I find your comments quite misinformed.The interesting point will be when the clock is restored to the clock end , will ex clockenders be allowed to relocate to their roots

digger

Post by digger »

Few things... I've sat in the "North Bank" at Emirates (god, I hate that fucking name) a few times. Atmosphere has been excellent on occasion, rubbish on others. Same with the new "clock end" blocks. I would disagree that most people sit on their hands and don't sing, but they only seem to join in if everyone is singing... no-one really takes the impetus and gets the crowd going. I went to Stoke home at the end of last season, and was absolutely wasted. Me and my mate started songs throughout, and the people around us responded well.

treygoony

Post by treygoony »

potter wrote:Actually I stand near the back of block 10 and on average I would think 9, 10 & 11 stand 75% of the time. So I find your comments quite misinformed.The interesting point will be when the clock is restored to the clock end , will ex clockenders be allowed to relocate to their roots

Hmm, I actually didn't know this. Against Villa this season I was in block 7, and the stewards started asking people to sit down, but after the second goal, everybody thought fuck it and started standing.
Would be better if we all stand and create atmosphere like what we do at away matches.

Big_G

Post by Big_G »

Boomer wrote:
lagerisgood1981 wrote:Great news!!

Hopefully the new Clock End will be a good as the old one .......
Doubt it, quite a few children over there as the FE is in the one corner and in the other are the away fans.
Looking at the seating plan, for a typical game (depending on the usual away allocation being taken) The Clock end would only constist of 4 blocks
and the noisy upper tier of course :wink: :lol: 8)

potter

Post by potter »

Big_G wrote:
Boomer wrote:
lagerisgood1981 wrote:Great news!!

Hopefully the new Clock End will be a good as the old one .......
Doubt it, quite a few children over there as the FE is in the one corner and in the other are the away fans.
Looking at the seating plan, for a typical game (depending on the usual away allocation being taken) The Clock end would only constist of 4 blocks
These are rough workings because I have never counted but there are 30 rows in the lower stand and I would think about 50 seats in a row. That means there would be about 6000 people in 4 blocks which is about what the old Highbury clock end held after they put the boxes above the stand.