BEST SEAT AT THE GROVE

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
REB

BEST SEAT AT THE GROVE

Post by REB »

we sit in the green section above the away fans £66 a go, atmospere not so bad but could be better,, prob is we get the same seats every tme so hav sat no where else,, besides red actions section wat are the fans around ye like and do ye hav good views,, :mrgreen:

U.F.G Anfield '89

Post by U.F.G Anfield '89 »

Orange section, Upper tier, one row back, Among the best views in the ground. Good atmosphere, surrounding fans tolerant of my insanity. know quite a few of them as sat with us in the north bank at Highbury. tickets just under £50 a pop.

Belfast Boy

Post by Belfast Boy »

Orange section, upper tier dozen rows back, love the viewpoint as north bank upper was always my favourite spot at THOF 8)

Galasso

Post by Galasso »

I was going to turn my caps lock on for this reply but I know how much you North Bank boys love your peace and quiet!!

REB

Post by REB »

WHERE THE NORTHBANK WHERE THE NORTHBANK WHERE THE NORTHBANK H I G H B U R Y :wink:

Chunky The Gooner

Post by Chunky The Gooner »

Ive always sat in the blocks 118-125 and Ive always had a good view. For the Brazil v Argentina I dont remember what block it was but I was sat lower tier bang on the half way line opposite where the players came out and that was very good.

Rilo II

Post by Rilo II »

Im usually block 118/119. You can get front 5 row seats in these blocks for £42/£46. Top seats and decent atmosphere. View wise, I've been at pretty much every possible area and can honestly say, there isn't a bad view in the ground. (actually, behind the goal looking through the net is shit whereever you are, and the first 5 rows lower tier are too low for my liking).

My favourite seat I've had was the last seat before the away fans for blackburn last year. I love banter so had a ball being so close. Hopefully next time they'llbring more than 30 people with them and it will be even better.

AFC 49'er

Post by AFC 49'er »

Well said Rebel

I will never accept this quadrant nonsense.

liam bradys left foot

Post by liam bradys left foot »

blue section block 12 row 29 at the back just a wall behind us can stand up all game and no one moans (except the stewards) FUCKING QUALITY

thatgooner

Post by thatgooner »

Ssssshhhh family enclosure.

stats

Post by stats »

Enterance E, block 10, row 1, seat number 345 (i think), prefect for me & there's sing songs which i sometimes create & join along to & i think it's a good view but some fussy pots think say differently i bet

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

I used to be mostly NB Lower ("We're the North Bank! We're the North Bank...!" 8) ) in THOF but West Lower a bit too, CE a couple of times and East Lower once.

In the Grove I use my mate's season ticket in sssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhh.... the place that shalt have no name... :wink:

His seats are in Club Level, Yellow area (I refuse to use the Americanism "Quadrant" :oops: ) about ten rows back. The sky box is just to our left. The view is awesome, the punters around us are mostly singers too which is good but there are a couple of sit-down-leave-early's too. We usually have no probs getting people up on their feet and singing! :P 8) The stewards are a bit dick-like if you try to take a photo even in the general direction of the poxy sky box, but are pretty lenient as far as standing and singing/dodgy chants go. :shock: 8)

Matt Lucas from Little Britain and Audley Harrison sit near us. Both are sound enough.

The next block over is atrocious though :evil: :oops: :roll: , no singing, mostly corporate dinks and nearly all arrive late & leave early.

Still, having said that, I was quite shocked to see sizeable gaps appearing in the lower tiers before half time and again before full time on Sunday... :oops: :? :shock:

Galasso

Post by Galasso »

DB10GOONER wrote:Matt Lucas from Little Britain and Audley Harrison sit near us. Both are sound enough.
Do people get the big fella confused with that chef and ask him to russle up a quick pheasant stew for half-time (at which point he thumps them)?

Gooneroonie

Post by Gooneroonie »

Block 6 all the way. Can stand up all game... great view (row 28), with like-minded proper supporters who sing ALL game.

Therefore, no matter how quiet other parts of the game may be at times, it is always loud where I sit.

Imagine, just imagine, if there were even 20,000 with the same sttitude. We would blow the f*ucking roof off!

We need another section down the other end. There are enough supporters crying out for it. Just needs a bit of organistaion.

For example, to move my seats, I contacted Red Action. They passed my details onto an amazing contact (Mike) in the ticket office who relocated me. It takes a bit of effort lads, but wecan get this section ot grow and grow until we are all standing and singing.

Naturally, those that don't wish to be a part of it can request to move and sit elsewhere. Simple! :)

Gooneroonie

Post by Gooneroonie »

Meant to write row 28

Row 2 is a pants view down the other end (I sat row 2 last season)