New Anthem - Sh*t

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
the_gooner89

New Anthem - Sh*t

Post by the_gooner89 »

The new anthem is poor. just thought id let you know my views. anyone else agree.

Cesc is God

Post by Cesc is God »

It's not shit. I quite like it actually.

afchackney

Post by afchackney »

the people saying its shit
are probably the people saying it should be robbie williams let me entertain you

i think its ok
but its been chosen theres no point in going on about just support because it can work

REB

Post by REB »

afchackney wrote:the people saying its shit
are probably the people saying it should be robbie williams let me entertain you

i think its ok
but its been chosen theres no point in going on about just support because it can work
SO TRUE,, i like it but for fu*ks sake no more threads about the anthem :roll: :roll:

Rilo II

Post by Rilo II »

First time I thought it was shit. On Sunday I decided to give it a chance and itreally got me, sort made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. MaybeI just imagined it, but I'm sure I heard a big number of thecrowd sing the chorus line. That, and the huge cheer at the end of it gave me a little hope that it will catch on. I hope so, it certainly would sound awsome with a wholestadium singing along.

T.S

Post by T.S »

I'm going to be controversial and say that I actually don't mind it. Anyway, whether you like it or not, we're stuck with it. So give it a chance.

And that will be the last I say on it. People, we've been discussing this bloody thing all summer. Please, no new threads on this topic, there are already tons all over this board.

gooner.ed
Site Admin

Post by gooner.ed »

tonysaunders wrote:Please, no new threads on this topic, there are already tons all over this board.

Tony - I'm with you, but I wouldn't bother wasting your energy. Think King Canute versus the ocean. There's an inevitability about this subject being raised until the day the tune is either conclusively adopted or dropped completely. Frankly, I am surprised people are responding to it after such a small number of matches, but that indicates it is more likely to succeed than fail. Let's wait and see...

worthing gooner

Post by worthing gooner »

I dont mind the anthem too much, stick with it i reckon it will grow.
On a diferent slant is anyone getting bored of singing one line songs all the time? Gilberto, Cesc, Almunia, Senderos, Adebayor the list goes on. There are some great songs put together by this forum or little groups of fans but they never seem to get past the novelty stage and kick on.
Someone has come up with the "Beatles" let it be for RVP, for me a classic but i have only heard it get an airing at the Amstrerdam tourny.
Maybe the Rocket could get something organised to get people singing the new tune before games?
just a thought.

AFC
C'mon

liam bradys left foot

Post by liam bradys left foot »

I like it think its great that we get to sing and swing our pants at the same time plus last home game its an excuse for aw to wear those stupid elvis glasses and wig again when we lift the title

T.S

Post by T.S »

liam bradys left foot wrote:I like it think its great that we get to sing and swing our pants at the same time plus last home game its an excuse for aw to wear those stupid elvis glasses and wig again when we lift the title
I was thinking that exact thing. You won't see me doing it, but I bet there will be loads doing it.

liam bradys left foot

Well you can see near enuff the whole of block 12 row 29 swinging their pants every home game about 2.52pm !!!!!!!
Last edited by liam bradys left foot on Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WengerKnows

Post by WengerKnows »

i think its a load of shite , England has produced so many legendary musicians . surely we could have picked a better song :(

liam bradys left foot

in my humble opinion the only decent musicians from england have come form either manchester or liverpool can you imagine the shit we would get running out to a tune by a band from bandit country???? if you can name a decent london band with an anthem suitable for arsenal then please feel free

REB

Post by REB »

the only good one is LONDONS CALLING BY THE CLASH :D our house by MADNESS,, :D

Chunky The Gooner

Post by Chunky The Gooner »

London Calling CLASS