Nicklas Bendtner

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Chippy wrote:Rodders, How did he respond to your target. Did he take it well? :wink:

He'll not make it as a striker as long as he thinks he's TH14. GET IN THE MIDDLE YOU LONG STREAK OF P**S. And probably not as long as he has his head so far up his own arse.
You shoulda seen the look on his face when I told him Chippy, you'd have thought I called his mam the biggest slapper in all of Denmark. Pffff he went, simple. Apparently he plans to score 10 goals alone in the first half against Hull next week and finish the season with the golden boot. A confident boy is our Nicolas :wink:

Kiwi Gooner

Post by Kiwi Gooner »

If Eboue can turns things around like he has then there's no reason Bendtner can't do the same thing.
It does annoy me, though, that he doesn't seem to realise what a privilege it is to play for Arsenal.
I think he should be shoved down a coal mine for a year and then see if his attitude and effort have improved.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Robsy wrote:
Jumpers For Goalposts wrote:
It was very noticeable from where I was (Block 99) that Bendtner was getting slated for his misses but when Eduardo and Arshavin came on and did the same, the reaction was very different.
Not sure where you were sitting in block 99, but I totally disagree with your assertion that it was "very noticeable" that he was getting stick.

In my experience, Block 99 seems to have a Nicky Bendtner supporters club. It was Block 99 that STARTED the chants supporting him yesterday on more than one occassion.

Obviously the block is big, but unless you sat with the library-card holders at the front who seem a bit deaf, I would have thought you would have heard the songs supporting him coming from around the block.

Oh and BD10...Bendtner is PL quality. One bad match doesn't mean he's sh*t. He is our traditional English centre forward, quick, powerful, good in the air and with an eye for goal. Yesterday aside, I rate him and think he'll have a great future at the club.
But it's more than one bad match, isn't it. His finishing has been awful since he joined. Also, I never said that match made him shit.

corkbarry

Post by corkbarry »

I blame the bumpy rutted bog of a pitch :lol:

I rate Nic as a good player who had an off day. Then again i praised Almunia a few months ago, so what do i know :oops:
When he was injured we were all complaining about high balls going in to our Midget strikers. At least with Nic playing, defenders now have to be wary of crosses.
RVP was never a prolific scorer when he was fit but he has the ability to make space for other players to score and without a doubt nic will cause havoc in opposing defenses for the rest of the Season.

ARSENAL ABU :

Kiwi Gooner

Post by Kiwi Gooner »

corkbarry wrote:I rate Nic as a good player who had an off day. Then again i praised Almunia a few months ago, so what do i know :oops:
Seriously??! :roll:
Are you related?
On drugs..?
:wink:

Robsy

Post by Robsy »

DB10GOONER wrote:But it's more than one bad match, isn't it. His finishing has been awful since he joined. Also, I never said that match made him shit.
He's 22. But he already has 32 caps and 11 int. goals. So he can finish.

While he's been at Arsenal he's always been back-up, but he's shown glimpses of what he's capable of.

Maybe his awfulness is down to his young age. He'll get better.

Kiwi Gooner

Post by Kiwi Gooner »

He's scored 7 goals in 25 matches this season, which is underwhelming for an up-the-centre striker.
But, it's Bendtner's misses and big-noting that infuriates.
He simply should be doing a hell of a lot better.
My report card would read:
Effort: B
Attainment: D

15-08-2009 English Premier Everton 1-6 Arsenal 0
18-08-2009 European Cup Celtic 0-2 Arsenal 0
22-08-2009 English Premier Arsenal 4-1 Portsmouth 0
26-08-2009 European Cup Arsenal 3-1 Celtic 0
29-08-2009 English Premier Man Utd 2-1 Arsenal 0
05-09-2009 World Cup Denmark 1-1 Portugal 1
09-09-2009 World Cup Albania 1-1 Denmark 1
12-09-2009 English Premier Man City 4-2 Arsenal 0
16-09-2009 European Cup Standard Liege 2-3 Arsenal 1
19-09-2009 English Premier Arsenal 4-0 Wigan 0
26-09-2009 English Premier Fulham 0-1 Arsenal 0
04-10-2009 English Premier Arsenal 6-2 Blackburn 1
10-10-2009 World Cup Denmark 1-0 Sweden 0
14-10-2009 World Cup Denmark 0-1 Hungary 0
25-10-2009 English Premier West Ham 2-2 Arsenal 0
28-10-2009 English League Cup Arsenal 2-1 Liverpool 1
31-10-2009 English Premier Arsenal 3-0 Tottenham 0
27-01-2010 English Premier Aston Villa 0-0 Arsenal 0
31-01-2010 English Premier Arsenal 1-3 Man Utd 0
07-02-2010 English Premier Chelsea 2-0 Arsenal 0
10-02-2010 English Premier Arsenal 1-0 Liverpool 0
17-02-2010 European Cup Porto 2-1 Arsenal 0
20-02-2010 English Premier Arsenal 2-0 Sunderland 1
27-02-2010 English Premier Stoke 1-3 Arsenal 1
06-03-2010 English Premier Arsenal 3-1 Burnley 0

rigsby

Post by rigsby »

He's scored 7 goals in 25 matches this season, which is underwhelming for an up-the-centre striker.
Stupid stat, he's been out for most of it injured. If anything it p[roves he's pretty good. IMO he works incredibly hard, has good link up play, and scores sopme very important goals. A lot of the crowd get on his back straight away, but look at Carlton Cole, took him a while to become the striker he is

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

If we miss out on the title by the odd goal on goal difference, then Nic's performance on Saturday will be the sole reason why, it was a shocking display of "casual " finishing, add to that his reaction when substituted, to think that it was in some way funny, was unacceptable.

Bendtners Drinking Buddy

Post by Bendtners Drinking Buddy »

He actually played pretty well on Saturday from what I saw, we play so differently when he is in the side as he is such a good outlet, he will be an important player for us in the final months - I still believe he has the quality, even if he has a way to go to improve.

Good to see the crowd staying with him, that was the point of my "Truce" thread last week, there really is no point getting on the back of any player at this stage of the season. Who knows, that show of support on Saturday might see him smash home the winner tomorrow night :barscarf:

cusamano

Post by cusamano »

AA23 demonstrated the difference between "young & talented" and "experienced & (world)class" by scoring the third goal.
Bendtner misses too many chances, I doubt he will make it to a regular first team starter at our club.

worthing gooner

Post by worthing gooner »

We know the bloke isnt David Villa probably due to the fact that we didnt pay £45 million for Nic. So saying what we should of scored with the extra goal diff etc means nothing. The only thing we as supporters and players is try to make a difference in every game from now on. Besides if Bendtner scores tomorrow those who are doubting him will still mention saturday regardless. Look Forwards!!!!

PI7ES

Post by PI7ES »

He played well. his finishing was poor but overall he gives us so much more upfront. Its no suprise as soon as he went off we went under pressure from burnley.

Eduardo is the problem not bendtner, not quite sure what eduardo does anymore since the injury. No pace, strength or skill.

burns718

Post by burns718 »

goonersid wrote:If we miss out on the title by the odd goal on goal difference, then Nic's performance on Saturday will be the sole reason why, it was a shocking display of "casual " finishing, add to that his reaction when substituted, to think that it was in some way funny, was unacceptable.
no if we miss out on goal differance it will be becuase we drew games we should have won

Jumpers For Goalposts

Post by Jumpers For Goalposts »

I'm glad I started this thread. :lol: :lol:

There have been a lot of good points made and it is great to see that 99.99% of us are getting behind the team and every player within the team.

But - here's one to chew on. We are behind Nicky Bender because he's an Arsenal player but if he was at Bolton or West Ham or Hull, with exactly the same scoring record (29 goals in 114 apps, 57starts + 57sub) would we be starting threads saying "we've gotta sign this fella - he's mustard!" ??