Nicklas Bendtner

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Aaron Inglis

Post by Aaron Inglis »

Cheers Coach :bowing21: :winner:

redarmee_redarmee

Post by redarmee_redarmee »

Aaron Inglis wrote:Cheers Coach :bowing21: :winner:
You must have forgotten to add your comment on Bendtner to your post on... oh, a Bendtner thread.

Otherwise, a useful contribution :wink:

ncklas26

Post by ncklas26 »

mrgnu1958 wrote:Nik WAS in those positions to score.
At least give the lad that.
These things happen to every player.
Im convinced that next time he WILL make those chances count.
totally agree with you. considering how he played two years ago, he's improved a lot, even though it's difficult for us to see. Don't forget everyone he's scored twice recently

ncklas26

Post by ncklas26 »

however i'm sure my judgment faculties are not biased. please don't look left :D

Robsy

Post by Robsy »

Jumpers For Goalposts wrote:
It was very noticeable from where I was (Block 99) that Bendtner was getting slated for his misses but when Eduardo and Arshavin came on and did the same, the reaction was very different.
Not sure where you were sitting in block 99, but I totally disagree with your assertion that it was "very noticeable" that he was getting stick.

In my experience, Block 99 seems to have a Nicky Bendtner supporters club. It was Block 99 that STARTED the chants supporting him yesterday on more than one occassion.

Obviously the block is big, but unless you sat with the library-card holders at the front who seem a bit deaf, I would have thought you would have heard the songs supporting him coming from around the block.

Oh and BD10...Bendtner is PL quality. One bad match doesn't mean he's sh*t. He is our traditional English centre forward, quick, powerful, good in the air and with an eye for goal. Yesterday aside, I rate him and think he'll have a great future at the club.

Gooner Jim

Post by Gooner Jim »

mikeyb772001 wrote:quite simple he isnt good enough to be our second choice striker behind rvp! Broken record i know but if only we bought a striker our goal dif would be higher as he has missed so many sitters! I wish he was as good as he thinks he is. On a good note he does try even when he misses lots of sitters and it doesnt seem to bother him or get him down. Lets hope the lack of a qulaity striker doesnt cost us the premership. It could all come down to a few goals...
Fully agree with the highlighted part but I still think that if Wenger has put this much faith in him he must have something valuable.

Lost_Gooner

Post by Lost_Gooner »

I feel the lad just had one of those days , Of course he still is not the full product as to say but i think he is heading in the right direction.

But if it continues then these missed chances could cost us , But I'm just stating the obvious really.

Better luck in front of the goal on tuesday or we will send out the lynch mob :lol:

SCREAM AIM FIRE

Post by SCREAM AIM FIRE »

too much talk not enough action from him, if he kept his head down and continued to work hard he wouldnt bug me so much, hes just convinced that he is the dogs bollocks (and very vocal about) when really he is far from it

some of those misses yesterday were just plain embarassing, and its not like they were one offs, he misses sitters in every game, just cause he scored a decent header against stoke dosent make up for the fact that 90% of his shots miss the target.

even on that fabregas show a couple of years ago he couldn't even head the ball back to cesc :banghead:

Post by 1989 »

Nik Bendtner is the reason why we're signing Chamakh.

worthing gooner

Post by worthing gooner »

Just a bad day in the office for the lad and yes we managed to dodge a bullet by winning the game anyway. We cannot be choose'y at this point in the season now, all hands to the pumps with all we have. And if that means Nic is our man up front then so be it.

Kiwi Gooner

Post by Kiwi Gooner »

SCREAM AIM FIRE wrote:too much talk not enough action from him, if he kept his head down and continued to work hard he wouldnt bug me so much, hes just convinced that he is the dogs bollocks (and very vocal about) when really he is far from it

some of those misses yesterday were just plain embarassing, and its not like they were one offs, he misses sitters in every game:banghead:
Agree entirely with this.
Bendtner is not Arsenal quality and (unless he shuts the f*ck up and learns from those around him) he never will be.

He's annoyed me for years with his attitude and ineptitude.
I love anyone who pulls on the Arsenal shirt, but Bendtner makes me realise I should have had a crack at becoming a pro footballer.

Someone pointed out the other day that NB52's stats compare with Shearer's at the same age.

I'll be happy to eat my words if, in 5 years, Bendtner is on the way to being even half the striker Shearer was.

Maybe we should try the big lug at centre-half...

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

I think he is going to be in the same bracket as the likes of Carlton Cole, Dean Ashton and Kevin Davies. On occasions can lead the line fantastically well, will weigh in with some crucial goals but ultimately his finishing ratio will prevent him from being absolutely top grade. That really was a shambolic display of finishing yesterday

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

I'm setting him a target of 10 league goals between now and the end of the season. That's what's needed from a striker leading the line for a title contender. Come on Nicky boy, don't let me down!!!!!!!!!

Chippy

Post by Chippy »

Rodders, How did he respond to your target. Did he take it well? :wink:

He'll not make it as a striker as long as he thinks he's TH14. GET IN THE MIDDLE YOU LONG STREAK OF P**S. And probably not as long as he has his head so far up his own arse.

Red107

Post by Red107 »

He gets criticised for having a high opinion of his ability however in his post match BBC interview yesterday he came across has someone who doesn't take himself too seriously, he knew he had missed a few shockers and rather getting all defensive and upset he joked that he was saving them for next week.

He's also previously said that he played like a pub player last year.

I like the lad. He didnt hide even after missing some real sitters. He was determined to get on the ball and try again where some players would disapear.

Glad people were really cheering for him yesterday. Although that might be more to do with people realising that he's all we've pretty much got left so have to get behind him than because they rate him as a player.