Nicklas Bendtner

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
LDB
Location: Having a cup of tea and waiting for all this to blow over

Post by LDB »

goonersid wrote:If we miss out on the title by the odd goal on goal difference, then Nic's performance on Saturday will be the sole reason why, it was a shocking display of "casual " finishing, add to that his reaction when substituted, to think that it was in some way funny, was unacceptable.
Without Nik and still playing AA through the centre I wager we wouldnt get within 100 miles of point parity with either of the other two.

Kiwi Gooner

Post by Kiwi Gooner »

Jumpers For Goalposts wrote:I'm glad I started this thread. :lol: :lol:

There have been a lot of good points made and it is great to see that 99.99% of us are getting behind the team and every player within the team.

But - here's one to chew on. We are behind Nicky Bender because he's an Arsenal player but if he was at Bolton or West Ham or Hull, with exactly the same scoring record (29 goals in 114 apps, 57starts + 57sub) would we be starting threads saying "we've gotta sign this fella - he's mustard!" ??
Quite right.
That we can go from Thierry Henry to Niklas Bendtner in three seasons is more than tragic.
But I agree, too, with getting behind our team. :barscarf:
It's not Bendtner's fault he's shit. :lol: :lol:

GoonerN5

Post by GoonerN5 »

Bendtner isnt good enough, never will be, end of

I Hate Hleb

Post by I Hate Hleb »

Jumpers For Goalposts wrote:I'm glad I started this thread. :lol: :lol:

There have been a lot of good points made and it is great to see that 99.99% of us are getting behind the team and every player within the team.

But - here's one to chew on. We are behind Nicky Bender because he's an Arsenal player but if he was at Bolton or West Ham or Hull, with exactly the same scoring record (29 goals in 114 apps, 57starts + 57sub) would we be starting threads saying "we've gotta sign this fella - he's mustard!" ??

It wouldn't surprise me on this forum. :lol: After all, someone did such a thing about Carlton Cole and his record isn't that great either (40 goals in 180 odd games) :shock: :oops: :lol: :lol: :wink:

hugh jardon

Post by hugh jardon »

He seems more interested in seeking attention through his demeanour than his football - pink boots, tattoos, number 52, the bloke's clearly an idiot

Dicko

Post by Dicko »

Just to say yesterday's misses must have been all Basil's fault as she startled him in shaking his hand before the match. I might forgive you one day Basil :banghead:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Dont think he will ever make it big time unfortunately but might get enough goals to help us this season :?

Kiwi Gooner

Post by Kiwi Gooner »

If he does get the goals to carry us to the title then all is forgiven and he's a f*king legend!

Yeah, I know I'm fickle.

So what...
:lol:

Magic Hat

Post by Magic Hat »

I like him as a player, think we have looked a lot better as a team since his return from injury, at his age he should only improve.

Last season he got 14 goals (I think), despite going through a peroid where he was, as he admitted, playing like a pubplayer. Had he played to his normal standard, he might have got the low 20's maybe. In the future, I see him as a 15-20 goal a season striker, which is useful but if he makes it here, will be through his other assets. I do think he is prone to panic in front of goal, when 1v1 he tends to just blast it widely rather then calm himself and attempt to slot it home.

potter

Post by potter »

I do think he is prone to panic in front of goal, when 1v1 he tends to just blast it widely rather then calm himself and attempt to slot it home.quote.

Strangely I see it completely opposite. His two most glaring misses on Saturday were the header which he glanced wide trying to slide it into the corner, and the half tap in from two foot. If he had gone through the ball and tried to burst the net I think he would have got both..

Percy Dalton

Post by Percy Dalton »

Has the chance to make himself a hero tonight.

Let's hope that he takes that chance, something he had problems with on Saturday.

:?

Jumpers For Goalposts

Post by Jumpers For Goalposts »

Bloody hell !!

A hat trick of easy misses on Saturday and a proper hat trick last night. The first two were fairly unspectacular BUT he was in exactly the right place on both occasions.

And he took the penalty well - hard and low into the side netting. Being a goalie I know that those just can't be saved as the ball will always get there before the keeper.

Well played Mr Bender!!!! Now keep it up til May 9th (or May 22nd) and we'll all forgive Arsene for not buying a new striker in January.

euphoricone

Post by euphoricone »

Benders positioning is what brings him the goals. He is not a bad striker of the ball too, as can be seen from his goal against blackburn.

Aaron Inglis

Post by Aaron Inglis »

Well played NB52. I love this Forum sometimes. :barscarf:

Gunner19

Post by Gunner19 »

Not his best game, but I believe he did what we were expecting from strikers... Scoring goals when we need it the most!!! and he did it brillantly, So once again , thanks NICK :bowing21: