Thierry Henry - His 226 goals for Arsenal

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

GallasVoice

Post by GallasVoice »

cheers pal, i will be watching all of them... great times

worthing gooner

Post by worthing gooner »

The bloke is the most classy striker in an Arsenal shirt i have ever seen imo. But dont get too misty eyed thinking about him being perfect, he had his moments of having a "Bendtner" too. Not many mind but it happens to the best and the average.
Being in Madrid for the solo goal in the CL and for his record breaking goals in Prague.Never forget those moments.
Merci Thierry.

Rosie_titters

Post by Rosie_titters »

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

SammyDroppedHisShorts
Location: In front of the best fans on earth. The Arse and all.

Post by SammyDroppedHisShorts »

How many of those fluffs yesterdasy would Henry have bagged?

8-1 would have been the score at least

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

SammyDroppedHisShorts wrote:How many of those fluffs yesterdasy would Henry have bagged?

8-1 would have been the score at least
Remember when dross like Middlesbrough and Leeds were stuffed by five or six when TH14 was in his pomp. If we'd have drawn 2-2 yesterday then Bendtner would have been guilty of one of the greatest crimes ever witnessed.....

Aaron Inglis

Post by Aaron Inglis »

Trying not to be too OTT but it feels very nostalgic watching Thierry, Pires, Freddie, Dennis, PV even though it wasn't that long ago. I'll be telling my kids and grandkids that I saw Thierry play at Highbury, What a priviledge :cry:

It's been great since '96. :barscarf:

Connolly55

Post by Connolly55 »

Class. Its amazing how he could break the offside trap.

xDAVEYx

Post by xDAVEYx »

Connolly55 wrote:Class. Its amazing how he could break the offside trap.
when mugs played a high line :lol:

and when they sat deep he would run through them :lol:

chyren1

Post by chyren1 »

in the first video,at 6.09,is it the spy we can see congratulating henry? :?

Bring Back Pires

Post by Bring Back Pires »

For anyone interested, the Thierry Henry: Legend DVD is now available from Play.com for a mere £4.99.

http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/5164631/ ... oduct.html

I'd wanted to buy this upon its release several years back, but didn't want to fork out the £18 price tag. Ideal for folks like me that don't have the patience to watch all of the goals on YouTube!

The DVD hasn't arrived yet, but from what I've read, it features all the goals, a documentary with comments from Wenger, Dixon, Keown, Parlour, Bergkamp and co., and lasts around four hours.

Looking forward to the postman's delivery (as it were)!

Dan_85

Post by Dan_85 »

Bring Back Pires wrote:For anyone interested, the Thierry Henry: Legend DVD is now available from Play.com for a mere £4.99.

http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/5164631/ ... oduct.html

I'd wanted to buy this upon its release several years back, but didn't want to fork out the £18 price tag. Ideal for folks like me that don't have the patience to watch all of the goals on YouTube!

The DVD hasn't arrived yet, but from what I've read, it features all the goals, a documentary with comments from Wenger, Dixon, Keown, Parlour, Bergkamp and co., and lasts around four hours.

Looking forward to the postman's delivery (as it were)!
:barscarf: Been after this & the Wright one for a while. Got the Bergkamp one for Christmas & it was great...

Bring Back Pires

Post by Bring Back Pires »

Yes, I'd quite like the Bergkamp one too. Still £10.99 on Play.com, so think I'll wait for the imminent price crash later in the year.

The good thing about these retrospective discs is that they don't go out of date!

Pott

Post by Pott »

Wow... I'd never seen any of these before except on the odd youtube video (started supporting Arsenal just before he left and he was injured :( ) :oops:

1) how many of these were fed by Pires???
2) how incredible was Viera???