Response from the FA regarding Shawcross England Selection

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
stefanek

Response from the FA regarding Shawcross England Selection

Post by stefanek »

I emailed The FA before the Egypt game - Questioning why Shawcross was selected seeing as he was serving a domestic ban for his horrific tackle on Rambo as that was normal policy that players arent selected as has happened previously - Reply below received today: (Demonstrating the FA are about as quick as Gary Neville)

Dear Stefan

Thank you for contacting The Football Association.

The selection of the England team resides purely with the manager Fabio Capello and it is his sole decision to take, in the best interest of the England team. Fabio and his staff would have thought long and hard about this before making their considered decision.

We were very saddened to see the injury to Aaron Ramsey. The FA and our personnel have expressed that we hope Ramsey makes a full and speedy recovery from this injury.

Kind regards

Alex Burkwood | Customer Relations Officer
Customer Relations
The FA Group
Wembley Stadium, Wembley, London, HA9 0WS

MutleyGooner

Post by MutleyGooner »

No suprises there seeing as they also select cheats, druggies, thugs and spurs players :roll:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

What reply did you expect?

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

MutleyGooner wrote:No suprises there seeing as they also select cheats, druggies, thugs and spurs players :roll:
Cheats, druggies and thugs fair enough, but spurs players??? ya gotta draw the line somewhere. :wink:

Dicko

Post by Dicko »

I know the squad was announced after the injury but only just so surely it had already been decided that he'll be in the squad. Interesting if that is true a player can't be in the squad if he is serving a suspension. As he should have been taken out if that is true. But I guess preparing for a summer tournament it is helpful for players who could go to the tournament to be involved in squad meet-up even if not involved in the friendly match. Idiotic timing of squad announcement.

Did his mum pick him up from England Training at London Colney :?:

Exiled-Gooner

Post by Exiled-Gooner »

What a load of bollocks....The FA do influence the team choices otherwise why does Capello Cooper pick Beckham ,when he was at RM he wouldn't even think of beckham until he had no choice!! or is there such a lack of English talent,or is it really the media who picks the team???

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

Exiled-Gooner wrote:What a load of bollocks....The FA do influence the team choices otherwise why does Capello Cooper pick Beckham ,when he was at RM he wouldn't even think of beckham until he had no choice!! or is there such a lack of English talent,or is it really the media who picks the team???
Do you REALLY believe Capello allows the media or the FA to pick the England squad? or are you just stringing random words together? :?

I'd be absolutely amazed if Capello is only a puppet - the guy doesn't seem the type to me.

Magic Hat

Post by Magic Hat »

It's amazing how people's hatred of Beckham makes people decide Capello really isn't that capable and is a plaint manager despite his entire career