Barca away whos going?! or been before!

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
crocit

Barca away whos going?! or been before!

Post by crocit »

is there any squares similar to Porto! or anywhere where lots of bars are, where will all gooners like go for a drink! and i heard 7 Euros for a pint?! :shock:

highburyJD

Post by highburyJD »

don't worry there's plenty of cheap places in Barca

Goose

Re: Barca away whos going?! or been before!

Post by Goose »

crocit wrote:is there any squares similar to Porto! or anywhere where lots of bars are, where will all gooners like go for a drink! and i heard 7 Euros for a pint?! :shock:
Barca is a great city!! There are loads of squares but like any big city the big tourist spots charge more for the beer (Although I don't remeber it being that expensive) so just go off the beaten track a little and find little cafe bars. The Ramblas is a long street that goes through the city and most tend to gravitate to this area.

Nice beach area, if you get a chance try and take the tour of Espanyol's ground (The Olypic stadium) as I think they are building a new one and not sure how much longer it will be there.
Th Nou Camp is like most spanish grounds they don't seem to have an issue with away fans in the home end - so if you can get a hance of a ticket anywhere in the ground then grab it!

flash gunner

Re: Barca away whos going?! or been before!

Post by flash gunner »

Goose wrote:
crocit wrote:is there any squares similar to Porto! or anywhere where lots of bars are, where will all gooners like go for a drink! and i heard 7 Euros for a pint?! :shock:
Barca is a great city!! There are loads of squares but like any big city the big tourist spots charge more for the beer (Although I don't remeber it being that expensive) so just go off the beaten track a little and find little cafe bars. The Ramblas is a long street that goes through the city and most tend to gravitate to this area.

Nice beach area, if you get a chance try and take the tour of Espanyol's ground (The Olypic stadium) as I think they are building a new one and not sure how much longer it will be there.
Th Nou Camp is like most spanish grounds they don't seem to have an issue with away fans in the home end - so if you can get a hance of a ticket anywhere in the ground then grab it!
Ive been to Barca... ^This is good advice^

but there is also loads to see and do there sightseeing wise so look it up before you travel

crocit

Post by crocit »

cheers for that Goose! our hotel is near the street Las Ramblas! im not going for just the match, well thats the main part, but ya gotta explore the city too!

Gooner Jim

Post by Gooner Jim »

went there on a stag do once. A great place but one of us got mugged while he was drunk. There are some dodgey people to look out for but I guess you get that anywhere. Good nightlife, I remember going to some club called opium (brilliant name :roll: ). The transport links to the ground are really good aswel according to a friend of mine on the stag do who had been before

BournemouthRED

Post by BournemouthRED »

expensive place, madrid is a much better city imo. but still a brilliant place to visit.

oldschoolarsenal

Post by oldschoolarsenal »

Just to let you know that there is a venue booked and confirmed for an all day bender ....... on the day of tha away leg in Barca .
THe venue opens at 10 in the morning and is open all day ........till kick off .
WE have an amzing venue right by the beach which has been exclusivly secured for arsenal fans on the day .......
Tickets for this are very limited ...............arsenal Djs will be playing arsenal tunes all day .........We are the same people who did the party at the silver spoons wembley when we played the chavs ...and if you remember there was over 2000 people at that event and was an incredible success and everyone had a great day ...........
Tickets for this exclusive party are 10 each and have to be collected at the barcelona home game .........for further info to reserve tickets you can call 07790286792
Get your orders in early .................. miss this and you will kick yourself

potter

Post by potter »

So much to do in Barcelona, if you want to sightsee the bus touristique is the thing to do. Go up the Ramblas to the plaza Catalunya and get a ticket outside El Corte Ingles. You can travel all day and get on and off as many times as you want. Be sensible with the beer , dont drink pints an Estrella Dorada bottled will cost around 3 euros it's a strong lager about 5.4 %. Voll Damm is about 7.5 % and darker. Make sure you see Guell Park and the Sagrada Familia . You want a nice square to drink in , go down the Ramblas and opposite the market is the Plaza Real nice outside tapas cafes , but remember in Spain if you drink in the bar it is cheaper than if you sit outside.

Enjoy the trip , the Catalan's are great people and love their football , so if you go about it right they will welcome you and you should have a great time.

spawn_e_git

Post by spawn_e_git »

Keep in mind that the Barca metro stops running at midnight during the week.

highburyJD

Post by highburyJD »

also keep in mind we'll still be partying when the sun comes up

southampton gooner

Post by southampton gooner »

If all goes well with trying to get tickets tomorrow I will be going. I guess we will be in White shirts what do ya think ?

Cesc is God

Post by Cesc is God »

It has to be more exciting than Porto, so anything is a plus! 8)