Birmingham Away Official Thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
SamiS

Birmingham Away Official Thread

Post by SamiS »

Tweety and Sol at the back?

what's your predicted score?

Is RVP nearly back from injury yet??

Denilson stays or goes?

Captain Fabregas

Post by Captain Fabregas »

i don't think this should be a sticky because since rebel has been doing them we haven't lost in ages so MEH

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

going to this :barscarf:

Bring Back Pires

Post by Bring Back Pires »

Just realised that Birmingham play at Blackburn on Wednesday night, whereas we've got the week off. Could prove to be a decisive factor (or at least an influencing one).

If we win this going into the following weekend (when we're at home to Wolves and Man Utd/Chelsea play each other), we're in a really, really strong position.

In the meantime, let's hope Liverpool and Blackburn can take points from the others tomorrow.

treygoony

Post by treygoony »

2-1 to us :barscarf:

kg1794

Post by kg1794 »

If we play Song at the back, Denilson has done enough imo to stay in the three with Diaby and Cesc.

Bring Back Pires

It's also just occurred to me that if we don't win, we've fucked up the title at Birmingham twice in three seasons. FFS, ensure it doesn't happen, please!

brazilianGOONER

Post by brazilianGOONER »

kg1794 wrote:If we play Song at the back, Denilson has done enough imo to stay in the three with Diaby and Cesc.
so sayeth the wise alaundo

DanielD

Post by DanielD »

It's going to be Song and Silvestre in CB, unless the FA over-rule the decision and revert it to a yellow card offence.

If we win this match, the league is ours..

Chavs and Manure will drop points tomorrow, and this week Chelsea are playing Pompey away as well (not easy, as pompey are fighting for pride).

Next week, Chelsea are playing Villa at home and Manure are playing Bolton away (before the game in Bayern), not easy at all.

GallasFC

Post by GallasFC »

If we win this match, the league is ours..
--------

Very brave, I hope those words don't come to haunt you. Personally I think we need to win 7/8 games but remember we have Blackburn(sam alladyce) Wigan and spurs away from home and that could prove too much. Massive test of fitness and mental strength ahead oh btw did i mention it's my B-day 2morrow? how gr8 would it be if utd were to lose 2 the scouse on my b-day?

Dan_85

Post by Dan_85 »

Eduardo hat trick would be nice. Would love to see their Taylor-worshipping fans have a bit of that...

Rob

Post by Rob »

Dan_85 wrote:Eduardo hat trick would be nice. Would love to see their Taylor-worshipping fans have a bit of that...

The way Eduardo is playing even one goal looks beyond him. But maybe this is his moment ????? 8) :barscarf:

DanielD

Post by DanielD »

GallasFC wrote:If we win this match, the league is ours..
--------

Very brave, I hope those words don't come to haunt you. Personally I think we need to win 7/8 games but remember we have Blackburn(sam alladyce) Wigan and spurs away from home and that could prove too much. Massive test of fitness and mental strength ahead oh btw did i mention it's my B-day 2morrow? how gr8 would it be if utd were to lose 2 the scouse on my b-day?
First of all, Happy birthday mate!! :barscarf: :barscarf:

We have only seven matches to go and IMO, we need to win 5, if we are to be champions. Manure and Chelsea have very difficult matches ahead of them:

Chavs are going to play Liverpool, Manure, and Sp*rs away! I suspect they won't get more than 4 points in these.

Manure have an easier run-in, but still they need to play against Liverpool, Chavs, Sp*rs (all at home), and City (away). Now, if we mix this with their CL ambitions, we've got a recipe for dropping points.

My point is that even if we don't win the game against Brum, there is still room to maneuver in, but if we do win, I think the title is ours.

Bring Back Pires

DanielD wrote: My point is that even if we don't win the game against Brum, there is still room to maneuver in, but if we do win, I think the title is ours.
Agreed.

shutdown

Post by shutdown »

I really can sense disappointment coming from this match.

Birmingham are a well balanced side, with a good manager. Iv'e just watch them tear sunderland apart and still lose 3-1. :?

I'm going to predict Birmingham 1-1 Arsenal.