Who can we buy for next season?

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
mikeyb772001
Location: Block 6! Drunk and standing next to a mad man with no clothes on!

Who can we buy for next season?

Post by mikeyb772001 »

Being realistic regardless of the outcome this season, who can we buy?
Ive been thinking long and hard, will AW buy anyone and who could can fit with our current team and wages ect.
The way i see it, we need a strong midifielder, a top goalie, a new CB and a "WORLD CLASS STRIKER"
But who??

kevstarkie

Post by kevstarkie »

Hugo lloris

slevinlacey

Post by slevinlacey »

we can not financially compete for a "world class striker." If someone like David Villa became available and we bidded £30m, Citeh would bid £50m. Our best hope for a class player would be Higuain.

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

mikeyb772001 wrote:
The way i see it, we need a strong midifielder, a top goalie, a new CB and a "WORLD CLASS STRIKER"
But who??
Van Persie was looking fantastic at centre forward before his injury, and I fully expect Wenger to remain faithful to him.

Bendtner will still be here, too.

And isn't Chamakh expect to join on a free???

Personally, I think I'd rather we spent money on a goalkeeper and centre back.

perry groves was a legend

Post by perry groves was a legend »

Lloris and Yaya Toure would fit the bill nicely but we wobn't sign them. :(

jamjc64

Post by jamjc64 »

didnt we get linked with Carlton Cole again today

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

another central defender, a goalkeeper and a decent forward please

DanielD

Post by DanielD »

For a striker we got Chamakh (all the reports are saying).

For CB. Hopefully Gallas will stay, and with Sol and Djourou (staying fit FFS), I'm not sure we need a CB. If Gallas leaves it's a different story.

As for DM, I'm not too sure. You can't bring a world class one, because than you'll have two in the same position (Yes, Song is world class). On the other hand, you can't really rely on Denilson with all due respect. I would welcome Flamini back, if he accepts his role as a sub.

The easiest position is the GK. You have Lloris, Akinfeev, or any good PL GK (loads of them). This is a must!!

TBH, you don't really know who's gonna leave. Imagine if Cesc left, what would you do than?

WGallasFC

Post by WGallasFC »

I think we should promote from within. Senderos is still with us isn't he?

perry groves was a legend

Post by perry groves was a legend »

I would show Almunia,Fabianski,Silvestre,Merida,Denilson the door.

richpye

Post by richpye »

I think if we have Chamakh then I feel we have enough fire power up front (With Van Persie back and Bendtner as a back up).

This strong midfielder thing amuses me. I think Song has grown so much this year and he for me is exactly what we need to stick with.
We have so many other midfielders, I doubt there is room for any more. Will Emmanuel-Thomas be good enough by then as well?

Defence - If Gallas stays, then we have Gallas, Vermaelen, Sol and Djourou which seems enough to me.

Goalkeeper - This to me is the one we need to get sorted. I was looking at every other Premier League team and where Almunia stands when compared to other GK's. I have about 12 names who I feel would do a better job. A few of which must be available if we came a knocking.

I thought about the likes of Gordon at Sunderland perhaps?

I think it will almost be impossible to sign a Lloris or an Akinfeev (spelling?) so we need to look further afield if we are looking outside the Premier League. This is where I got stuck.

djhdjh

Post by djhdjh »

Linked with Jerome Boateng of Hamburg, a centre back, today in the Mirror. Leaving aside the source it does sound like an Arsenal type signing, especially as Wenger tried to sign another young centre back in Smalling in January as Gallas's long term replacement. Only trouble is it says Man City are also interested. No chance then...

Post by 1989 »

We should get this guy, he would come cheap as well:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9x-rA5TghdQ

SammyDroppedHisShorts
Location: In front of the best fans on earth. The Arse and all.

Post by SammyDroppedHisShorts »

WGallasFC wrote:I think we should promote from within. Senderos is still with us isn't he?
WATCH THIS FELLA>>>>me smells a rat!!!

WGallasFC....i smell a Manc

projoe

Post by projoe »

i would try to get:

GK: Lloris/Akinfeev/Hart

CB: Jerome Boateng/Agger/Chiellini (cant really think of many off the top of my head)

CM: not sure who, but anyone is better than denilson :banghead: maybe play nasri with fabregas in the middle, with song sitting behind.

Winger: if we stick to the 433 formation, i think we need someone better than walcott, and someone more suited than nasri and rosicky.