Cesc Out for the rest of the season ..

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
BT

Post by BT »

Deise Gooner wrote:
BT wrote::cry: :cry: Gutted. So this season, we've had broken bones to Ramsey, Gibbs, Djourou, Van Persie, Nasri...and Gallas, Walcott, Clichy, Denilson and Bendtner all out for 2-3 months each. It is ridiculous.

Saddest thing is a) if he never wears the Arsenal shirt again and b) he won't be able to lift the trophies as captain should we pull off a miracle.

One plus is it might stop him wanting to leave in the summer - would definitely be unfinished business to end it this way.
If we win the league or CL he will surely be there to lift the trophy wont he?
I meant more symbolically not being able to lift it having won said trophy in that game...wearing a suit ain't quite the same...

Rob

Post by Rob »

Rob - Admin wrote:Without wish to sound all old school - what goes on in modern day football that results in so many injuries?

When you consider the double side of 71 played something like 70 games with a squad of 14 - waste high crunching tackles etc,. Why does the modern day football suffer breaks and fractures so frequently from innocuous challenges? Aren't today's footballers more healthy, using advanced training methods backed by science yet they're injured far more often.

Good post ! That '71 double side were made of steel. I saw one of them last night - Bob Wilson himself, no less.

If it's any consolation BT Cesc won't go in the summer but next year will be his last if we are empty handed - again :cry: :cry: :cry:

wlchuccc

Post by wlchuccc »

I am totally gutted now, why our players are like a paper :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

brazilianGOONER

Post by brazilianGOONER »

Deise Gooner wrote:As much as we will miss Cesc for the rest of the seaon with all the passion he shows for the team Nasri showed against Porto that he can run the show and after all thats what we bought him for.
agree completely. nasri was fantastic against porto. if he manages to do that again, we have our chances

I Hate Hleb

Post by I Hate Hleb »

BT wrote:
Rob - Admin wrote:Without wish to sound all old school - what goes on in modern day football that results in so many injuries?

When you consider the double side of 71 played something like 70 games with a squad of 14 - waste high crunching tackles etc,. Why does the modern day football suffer breaks and fractures so frequently from innocuous challenges? Aren't today's footballers more healthy, using advanced training methods backed by science yet they're injured far more often.
*awaits DB10's considerable experienced analysis*
:coffeespit: :coffeespit: :coffeespit:

Nice one BT. 8) Although I fear your 'princess' staus may now be in jeopardy!! :lol: :lol: :wink:

Pott

Post by Pott »

So that's a midfield of Nasri, Song and Diaby..?
I guess Rosicky will replace him on the wings and Arshavin will take the other spot.

Funny... we have the making of a great 4 4 2 now.

Walcott and Rosicky on the wings, Song and Nasri in the middle, Arshavin + Bendtner/RVP up front. Everyone in their favored positions! Therefore it won't happen :lol:

Rob Admin
Site Admin

Post by Rob Admin »

Does anyone else feel that the more injuries we have, the higher the odds are staked against us the better our chances are? I just have a feeling that something amazing may happen on Tuesday. Backs to the wall, doing it for Cesc, the team rallying, the belief that the last 20 minutes will have give the team....

brazilianGOONER

Rob - Admin wrote:Does anyone else feel that the more injuries we have, the higher the odds are staked against us the better our chances are? I just have a feeling that something amazing may happen on Tuesday. Backs to the wall, doing it for Cesc, the team rallying, the belief that the last 20 minutes will have give the team....
i'll raise my glass to that, sir.

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Rob - Admin wrote:Does anyone else feel that the more injuries we have, the higher the odds are staked against us the better our chances are? I just have a feeling that something amazing may happen on Tuesday. Backs to the wall, doing it for Cesc, the team rallying, the belief that the last 20 minutes will have give the team....
Maybe RedAction could make a banner "DO IT FOR" with a vecro strip after the words and add different players names at different times of the game :? :wink:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

flash gunner wrote:
mrgnu1958 wrote:we will still win the league Flash"y
Sorry mate but we wont but im sure we wont stop trying..... But what balls Cesc showed taking the pen like he did and playing on with a fractured leg..... Arshavin take note :x

I fear that will be Cesc's last ever appearance in an Arsenal shirt too :cry:
Aaaaaw don't say that D....don't even think it...No No NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:wailer: :wailer: :wailer: :wailer: :wailer: :wailer: :wailer: :wailer:

I just can't fucking andle this...its all too fucking much REALLY! :( :( :( :( :( :( :banghead:

those barca crunts... :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Number 5

Post by Number 5 »

flash gunner wrote:Maybe RedAction could make a banner "DO IT FOR" with a vecro strip after the words and add different players names at different times of the game :? :wink:
:bowing21:

That is as good a post as I've read on this place in months.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

DanielD

Post by DanielD »

Diaby and Nasri, step up and buy your place in Arsenal's history!

We need leaders now, more than ever. Clichy, Campbell, Vermealan, Nasri, and Song are my candidates. That may not be enough, but we can do something this season.

No more silly mistakes, no more wasting chances, no more trying to score in stoppage time when were only 1 up, no more idiotic goals on the counter (AKA, when it's 0-0 thirty minutes in the match, doesn't mean we have to attack with 9 players).

If we are to win anything, we have to treat every game with the utmost respect, starting with Wolves.

I hope the players step up and get their head in the right place. If they do, this injury can be the best thing that happened to them.

I Hate Hleb

Post by I Hate Hleb »

flash gunner wrote:
Maybe RedAction could make a banner "DO IT FOR" with a vecro strip after the words and add different players names at different times of the game :? :wink:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

brazilianGOONER

flash gunner wrote: Maybe RedAction could make a banner "DO IT FOR" with a vecro strip after the words and add different players names at different times of the game :? :wink:
no mate, they'll do it with a digital LCD screen that'll change what's after the "DO IT FOR" every 5 seconds. however, the board will realize it's a good way of making money and most of the time it will show "DO IT FOR EMIRATES" or "DO IT FOR NIKE" :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

brazilianGOONER

DanielD wrote:Diaby and Nasri, step up and buy your place in Arsenal's history!
i'm sorry mate, but diaby doesn't look smart enough to buy a hot dog, let alone a place in arsenal's history :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink: