The most ungrateful fans in the Prem ?

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Exiled-Gooner

Post by Exiled-Gooner »

I find it very funny when you go up north for away game like Blackburn and Bolton etc and these....local supporters sing''WE SUPPORT OUR LOCAL TEAM'' shit watch the football highlights of there next game and i guarantee you ,that after having a full house playing us, you see half the fucking stadium empty :D I noticed this a while back after coming back from Bolton in january and week later after the return game at the grove (don't know who there played) but there wasn't 3 quarters full,so where this ''local support''.

GallasVoice

Post by GallasVoice »

SteveO 35 wrote:
GallasVoice wrote:The ungrateful ones are the ones that say 'wenger out' and 'boo' our own players, i will never do either of these.
Well done you - have you ever been to other teams grounds and heard them boo their own players ? No, must be just an Arsenal thing. And as for calling for the manager's head.....we must have invented that too.

Did you see the Burnley fans yesterday----streaming out after SIX minutes ! And this the sort of bunch that get praised for being true "roots" supporters...the sort that preach that they "support their local team". I don't care how bad they were; six minutes is pathetic and all giving wanker signs and the middle finger to their team too....nice

Open your eyes pal, there are supporters of other clubs far, far worse than ours, you just notice our own. You wait till Spurs run-in ends up with them finishing 7th.....there'll be plenty of them booing and demanding the Twicher's head
Yeah mate but our fans have quite clearly gained a reputation for getting on our own players backs far to quickly.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

GallasVoice wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:
GallasVoice wrote:The ungrateful ones are the ones that say 'wenger out' and 'boo' our own players, i will never do either of these.
Well done you - have you ever been to other teams grounds and heard them boo their own players ? No, must be just an Arsenal thing. And as for calling for the manager's head.....we must have invented that too.

Did you see the Burnley fans yesterday----streaming out after SIX minutes ! And this the sort of bunch that get praised for being true "roots" supporters...the sort that preach that they "support their local team". I don't care how bad they were; six minutes is pathetic and all giving wanker signs and the middle finger to their team too....nice

Open your eyes pal, there are supporters of other clubs far, far worse than ours, you just notice our own. You wait till Spurs run-in ends up with them finishing 7th.....there'll be plenty of them booing and demanding the Twicher's head
Yeah mate but our fans have quite clearly gained a reputation for getting on our own players backs far to quickly.
Only if you read the Sun or believe everything those tossers on Sky say. Just because Eboue got some stick last year, this whole thing spiralled way out of all proportion. Having followed the club for 30 years I can honestly say I think Arsenal fans are amongst the best behaved and most loyal towards their own players in the whole country.

How long ago was it the Mancs were booing Rio Ferdinand....and that was when they were winning titles. Spurs and Chelsea have consistently booed their own players over the years, and those "loveable" Hammers are consistently getting on their players backs.

Dig a bit deeper below the myth and you'll find the truth......there is no way on earth that Man U or Chelsea fans would put up with 4 trophyless seasons, fill out their ground every week and applaud their players to the end.

whiteknight

Post by whiteknight »

SteveO 35 wrote:
GallasVoice wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:

Only if you read the Sun or believe everything those tossers on Sky say. Just because Eboue got some stick last year, this whole thing spiralled way out of all proportion. Having followed the club for 30 years I can honestly say I think Arsenal fans are amongst the best behaved and most loyal towards their own players in the whole country.

How long ago was it the Mancs were booing Rio Ferdinand....and that was when they were winning titles. Spurs and Chelsea have consistently booed their own players over the years, and those "loveable" Hammers are consistently getting on their players backs.

Dig a bit deeper below the myth and you'll find the truth......there is no way on earth that Man U or Chelsea fans would put up with 4 trophyless seasons, fill out their ground every week and applaud their players to the end.
"The Secret Weapon" EE has had a terrific response from the fans lately.....and you've got to admit he's a much better player with a smile on his face! Part of his problem was the diving.....

John Matthews and Jon Samuels suffered at the hands of Arsenal fans....even Perry Groves got grief at times. But no way are we as bad as Spurs.....they're only happy if they can finish above us.....they'd wet themselves if we both got relegated but they were one spot above us!!! :banghead: