Unsung: Sagna

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Pott

Unsung: Sagna

Post by Pott »

Yeah I just saw him play today... He delivers some very good crosses and I've rarely seen him make any huge mistakes. He gets injured once a year, sure, but he plays full 90 minutes the other times and always puts in the effort.

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

TBH he's had a poor season . If you had seen more games this season you wouldn't have been impressed

chyren1

Post by chyren1 »

i noticed too..
he s not that good since he had his kid..

Aaron Inglis

Post by Aaron Inglis »

At worst he's a good RB at best he's the best in the league !! Do for me !!

slevinlacey

Re: Unsung: Sagna

Post by slevinlacey »

Pott wrote:Yeah I just saw him play today... He delivers some very good crosses and I've rarely seen him make any huge mistakes. He gets injured once a year, sure, but he plays full 90 minutes the other times and always puts in the effort.
He puts in some very good crosses??? Apart from today please name one? His crossing has been abysmal, either hits the first man, over hits by a country mile or sends it out for a goal kick!

Gooner_Sam

Post by Gooner_Sam »

He took the corners today - really dont know why, but his cross for the Bendtner goal was superb, Great day in the end! :)

digger

Post by digger »

He's a decent player but has gone backwards over the last year or so. Eboue on the other hand has gone forwards.... in fact, I'd probably play Eboue ahead of Sagna on Tuesday.

Connolly55

Post by Connolly55 »

I personally think he is the best right back in the league, i might be a bit biased but i think he is.

greatgooner

Post by greatgooner »

Connolly55 wrote:I personally think he is the best right back in the league, i might be a bit biased but i think he is.

Never!!! :lol:

SCREAM AIM FIRE

Post by SCREAM AIM FIRE »

his crosses have been shocking all season :lol:

he doesn't look, just hoofs em in, its fuckin annoying.

xDAVEYx

Post by xDAVEYx »

one good cross does not a world-class full-back make.

i think our demands of him are based on his awesome first season. he is an excellent defender but his crossing is dire.

digger

Post by digger »

Connolly55 wrote:I personally think he is the best right back in the league, i might be a bit biased but i think he is.
The standards of RBs in this league is generally low. The top two sides have Ivanovich and Brown (or Neville). Sagna's only competition is from Eboue and Johnson IMO

gusher311

Post by gusher311 »

I think he is too. Name a better one in the league?

gusher311

Post by gusher311 »

digger wrote:
The standards of RBs in this league is generally low. The top two sides have Ivanovich and Brown (or Neville). Sagna's only competition is from Eboue and Johnson IMO

And in international I'd say only Alves is on par with him. I think people are being a little too critical on Sagna :?

SCREAM AIM FIRE

Post by SCREAM AIM FIRE »

gusher311 wrote:
digger wrote:

And in international I'd say only Alves is on par with him. I think people are being a little too critical on Sagna :?

not being critical, he is deff one of the best RBs around but going forward...mainly crossing the ball he isn't any good, even today, look at his head and where he is looking

http://www.soccerclips.net/videos/arsen ... s-bendtner

straight down at the ball, doesnt look up once.

still, went in so at this point in time, WHO CARES :barscarf:

edit...think he may of took a look up actually

*sits down,shuts up* :lol: :oops: