Barcelona vs Arsenal thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
digger

Barcelona vs Arsenal thread

Post by digger »

Couldn't find a thread on this already, but early news.... looks like Ibrahimovich is out.

greatgooner

Re: Barcelona vs Arsenal thread

Post by greatgooner »

digger wrote:Couldn't find a thread on this already, but early news.... looks like Ibrahimovich is out.

Is that a good or bad thing? :shock: :lol:

xDAVEYx

Post by xDAVEYx »

we're fucked :lol: :lol: :lol:

1-2, why not? :barscarf:

digger

Post by digger »

greatgooner wrote:
digger wrote:Couldn't find a thread on this already, but early news.... looks like Ibrahimovich is out.

That's why I didn't commit in my opening post. One one hand, he scored twice against us. On the other hand, it means they'll almost certainly have a striker who won't miss a hatful of chances before sticking one in. I hope Henry plays. Not because of any sentiment, but because he's looked hopeless recently for Barca. And he couldn't put Arsenal out, could he? :shock: <edit> Or it could be Bojan. Who';s just smashed another one in. </edit>

Btw, I've had the sticky for both Barca games now. Fuck yeaah :cool:

greatgooner

Post by greatgooner »

digger wrote:
greatgooner wrote:

That's why I didn't commit in my opening post. One one hand, he scored twice against us. On the other hand, it means they'll almost certainly have a striker who won't miss a hatful of chances before sticking one in. I hope Henry plays. Not because of any sentiment, but because he's looked hopeless recently for Barca. And he couldn't put Arsenal out, could he? :shock: <edit> Or it could be Bojan. Who';s just smashed another one in. </edit>

Btw, I've had the sticky for both Barca games now. Fuck yeaah :cool:
No i was asking the question as i'm not allowed to make serious posts on here now :lol:
Last edited by greatgooner on Sat Apr 03, 2010 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gusher311

Post by gusher311 »

If Zlatan is out we have a real shot at this. If we show up i think we can beat them 2-1 :barscarf: :barscarf:

SCREAM AIM FIRE

Post by SCREAM AIM FIRE »

gusher311 wrote:If Zlatan is out we have a real shot at this. If we show up i think we can beat them 2-1 :barscarf: :barscarf:
if theo picks up where he left off we could be writing another page in the history books :barscarf:

that said, start eboue and bring theo on for the last half hour

Luca Helvetica

Post by Luca Helvetica »

Bilbao have shown that you can get in down the channels behind their full backs.

We need to take our chances and hope Manuel from the first half is playing....

We can do it, but it will be very, very tough!

If Bilbao had taken their chances they could have scored 3 or 4 today as well.

DanielD

Post by DanielD »

They beat a CL contender 4-1 easily, and we beat wolves who are still not out of the relegation battle only after 94 minutes of shite football.

We're gonna win 2-1!! :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Rob

Post by Rob »

http://www.football365.com/story/0,1703 ... 56,00.html

Barca 3 - Arsenal 4

You read it here first !

digger

Post by digger »

DanielD wrote:They beat a CL contender 4-1 easily, and we beat wolves who are still not out of the relegation battle only after 94 minutes of shite football.

We're gonna win 2-1!! :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:
check out how big the gap is below Real Madrid. I was chatting to a Barca fan in a sandwich bar-cum-pub on Drayton Pk the other night (didn't even know this place existed) and he said Spain was starting to turn into Scotland. For Celtic and Rangers, read Barca and Real.

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

barca 0 arsenal 4 :banner: :barscarf: :flag: :teeth: :unionjack: :teeth: :barscarf:

greatgooner

Post by greatgooner »

jtvercetti27 wrote:barca 0 arsenal 4 :banner: :barscarf: :flag: :teeth: :unionjack: :teeth: :barscarf:

You been on the :corkbarry:

digger

Post by digger »

Arsenal go 1 - 0 up just before half time with a Nasri shot from the edge of the box. Barca ramp up the pressure in the second half, and score after 73 minutes, through Bojan. Looks like Barca are going through until Bendtner scores from a long ball over the top, after 93 minutes :barscarf:

gusher311

Post by gusher311 »

digger wrote:Arsenal go 1 - 0 up just before half time with a Nasri shot from the edge of the box. Barca ramp up the pressure in the second half, and score after 73 minutes, through Bojan. Looks like Barca are going through until Bendtner scores from a long ball over the top, after 93 minutes :barscarf:

Please no, I don't think my heart and ulcer can take it :oops: :lol: :lol: