Scum match thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
SPUDMASHER

Scum match thread

Post by SPUDMASHER »

In my opinion this is going to be the hardest NLD in a long time. Following the Barca result we will either come out fighting or look knackered still. I fear the latter.
Campbell and Song returning are crucial for this game.
I fear our run may come to an end this weekend but I'm obviously praying for another outcome.
Prediction, a narrow defeat I'm afraid. Please prove me wrong Arsenal! :cry:

North bank girl

Post by North bank girl »

We haven't got a game this weekend and they have.
Lets home Pompey kicks the s**t into them and they pick up a few injuries.

marcengels

Post by marcengels »

North bank girl wrote:We haven't got a game this weekend and they have.
Lets home Pompey kicks the s**t into them and they pick up a few injuries.
Let's hope so.

I'm more worried about how many fit players we will have, and if mentally they can be fresh and up for it.

:barscarf:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Lets hope the week off will freshen us up. Im seriously worried about this one

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Fuck knows... heart says it's only the scum, 3-0 to The Arsenal. Head says after the Barca whipping alot of our players' heads will be down, possibly 2-1 to the scum... :(

antgel

Post by antgel »

If we can channel the emotion of the disappointment and pick ourselves up to the point where we can beat them - I'd go as far as to say the momentum could take us all the way in the league. There, I said it. :lol:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

I think that their defeat at Sunderland has suddenly switched all of the pressure back on them, despite our own ambitions of winning the title. Suddenly they are suffering from all the same "soft centre" jibes and now Man City are clear favourites for 4th

After we play them they have the Chavs and the Mancs and they know that if they get beat by us, then their CL dreams are well and truly up in smoke.

Never a better time to play them - their own fans will turn on them quickly if we get in front, which is great on one front but it does mean my fellow Gooners that the Neanderthals will reach new levels of thuggery and chavdom after the game - beware the long walk back to Seven Sisters

LDB
Location: Having a cup of tea and waiting for all this to blow over

Post by LDB »

I dont see any reason for our players heads to be down, I was proud of the boys last night they were just undone by one of the best ever players. Although it was a defeat so it gets the inevitable reaction on these boards, i don't think and i would be surprised if anyone in the club saw the defeat as anything like our exit from the CL last season.

Our next big concern is, believe it or not, injuries :D . I'm guessing Sol can play, the other concern is Song.

That said, the scumbags aren't without injuries of their own and they play this game 3 days after playing 90 minutes (or more) on a wembly pitch probably fresh from a tractor racing contest.

euphoricone

Post by euphoricone »

so when is the game exactly??

LDB
Location: Having a cup of tea and waiting for all this to blow over

Post by LDB »

euphoricone wrote:so when is the game exactly??
Next wednesday i believe.

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

The pressure is on them, they haven't beaten us in 10 years in the league. 8)

mrgnu1958

Post by mrgnu1958 »

BAD feeling about next wednesday :(

Gooner_Sam

Post by Gooner_Sam »

Just got my tickets for this, would it be better just walking up to seven sisters station? Ive got to get to finsbury park or do i wait for the bus outside? Is the latter completely suicidal? :(

mrgnu1958

Post by mrgnu1958 »

Dont forget to wear ya colours

Lethal

Post by Lethal »

they will bottle it.