How good was RvP when he came on...

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
mrgnu1958

Post by mrgnu1958 »

ohhhhhh dear

MegaGooner

Post by MegaGooner »

Robin was great when he came on but I felt our midfield hung onto the ball too long everytime they had it. It looked like we had 3 or 4 Denilsons with all that sideways passes. No Cesc to make that brave but correct chips over their back four. FFS...it shows us how much Cesc brings to the team and how much we missed Robin. Robin even dropped back into the midfield when he came on and made some good crosses/passes.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Utterly brilliant - to show that impact so quickly in a game of such intensity proves the man's class. There was a time when he would have been one of a quartet of that quality.

Still with Eduardo and Vela waiting in the wings the future's bright :banghead:

Bring Back Pires

Post by Bring Back Pires »

He was awesome. Within five minutes he'd had two attempts on target - more than the entire side in the previous 68 minutes before he entered - and made a quality play inside the centre circle too, that would've ended in a goal in the Invincible years.

MegaGooner

Post by MegaGooner »

SteveO 35 wrote:Utterly brilliant - to show that impact so quickly in a game of such intensity proves the man's class. There was a time when he would have been one of a quartet of that quality.

Still with Eduardo and Vela waiting in the wings the future's bright :banghead:
Wenger should have started RVP......got a solid lead and then took him off. I know he's been injured for months, but we know Robin will always be up for this game.

PI7ES

Post by PI7ES »

We looked alot better at 4-4-2 aswell, shame song isnt quick enough play the denfensive role in a 4-42 with cesc :cry:

digger

Post by digger »

PI7ES wrote:If we can finally get a full season out of him he will be the best striker in the world, but it just wont happen
He was fully fit for the whole of last season.

If he can go 10 games without a talentless oik scything him down causing long term injury, we might have a chance. Same goes for all of our talented players... Fabregas and Ramsey would have shat all over those **** *word censored* tonight.

mikeyb772001
Location: Block 6! Drunk and standing next to a mad man with no clothes on!

Post by mikeyb772001 »

lets not get to happy about rvp, Wenger will tell us this is like a new signing and with gallas back for next season along with a 14 wizkid from the back streets of ghana. Were sure to compete with man scum and the chavs then

BT

Post by BT »

What people forget is that RVP was fit for nearly all of last season and carried us for most of it while Cesc was injured and Adebayor was Adebayor. I'm not denying his injury record is awful but I wonder if the problem isn't bigger than RVP. The likes of Drogba, Rooney, Torres (for all the press) just don't get injured for that long.

If Chamakh is in, an attack of him and RVP, with Bendtner and Arshavin as back up isn't bad. The problem wasn't so much RVP's injuries which are a given, it was not replacing Adebayor. We went into the Chelsea (a) and Man U (h) game with Arshavin upfront alone, ffs!

But they can score all they like because as long as the defence is a shambles and that goalkeeper (*spits on ground*) remain, it won't count for anything.

Rob

Post by Rob »

Robin was sublime and that freekick was right in the postage stamp - top left - as he saw it. Credit to Gomes for a wonderful save. But therein lies the reason for another fallow season.

GunnerDude

Post by GunnerDude »

:cry: The only real threat attacking wise, did you see how the spurs players backed off when he made a run for his shot, only quality inflicts fear in the opposition.

MegaGooner

Post by MegaGooner »

BT wrote:What people forget is that RVP was fit for nearly all of last season and carried us for most of it while Cesc was injured and Adebayor was Adebayor. I'm not denying his injury record is awful but I wonder if the problem isn't bigger than RVP. The likes of Drogba, Rooney, Torres (for all the press) just don't get injured for that long.

If Chamakh is in, an attack of him and RVP, with Bendtner and Arshavin as back up isn't bad. The problem wasn't so much RVP's injuries which are a given, it was not replacing Adebayor. We went into the Chelsea (a) and Man U (h) game with Arshavin upfront alone, ffs!

But they can score all they like because as long as the defence is a shambles and that goalkeeper (*spits on ground*) remain, it won't count for anything.
Nice one BT, but I think our worse problem was having Robin and Nic out at the same time this season.
I hope Wenger can learn from this...we need to have cover for all our bases becos of our injury record.
Nic looked alright when he got back from injury, but he isn't class as yet(hope he get there soon).....and we have no substitute for Fab4(which no club has).............
I really feel we don't need players going forward(free Chamakh will do) but we need a proper GK and cover for Song.....then we'll be sorted next year.

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

RVP is the best player in our squad by far if only he could stay fit, just wait now for a World Cup injury that will keep him out till Christmas

MegaGooner

Post by MegaGooner »

flash gunner wrote:RVP is the best player in our squad by far if only he could stay fit, just wait now for a World Cup injury that will keep him out till Christmas
I hear you Flash.....but me and Cesc may not agree.....

PS:Robin was brilliant when he came on

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

MegaGooner wrote:
flash gunner wrote:RVP is the best player in our squad by far if only he could stay fit, just wait now for a World Cup injury that will keep him out till Christmas
I hear you Flash.....but me and Cesc may not agree.....

PS:Robin was brilliant when he came on
Sorry Cesc is up there too