In Praise of the NB52

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

He isnt good enough for a club like Arsenal

PatRiceKnows

Post by PatRiceKnows »

look around bendtner looks world class in comparison to some of the players

djhdjh

Post by djhdjh »

Oh the classic 'what does he offer apart from goals' argument is out in force. Except without them we'd have been even worse off. As is the 'anyone could score for Arsenal'. Except plenty can't.

He may be distinctly average in many ways but he can be as average as he likes if he keeps up such a scoring rate.

He also wins headers, though not as many as he might. No one gets near the knock downs.

PI7ES

Post by PI7ES »

flash gunner wrote:He isnt good enough for a club like Arsenal
Is Daniel sturrisge good enough for Chelsea, Macheda or diouf for united, ngog for liverpool?

He is a young center forward still learning, he has 9 goals in 11 games. Its fucking eduardo we should be moaning about not our forward that is scoring more than one every two games.

digger

Post by digger »

PI7ES wrote:He is a young center forward still learning, he has 9 goals in 11 games. Its fucking eduardo we should be moaning about not our forward that is scoring more than one every two games.
He's got to go in the summer. A tragic career since his injury, but his major setback has been confidence after that "diving" allegation. If he can't get his head around half of europe calling him a cheat after 7 months, he never will.

Almunia is a clown

Post by Almunia is a clown »

Good enough for a 3rd 4th choice striker IMO but that's all :banghead:

digger

Post by digger »

Almunia is a clown wrote:
Van Persie
Arshavin
Bendtner

Noo, I think he'll be alright then :)

PI7ES

Post by PI7ES »

Almunia is a clown wrote:
Which is what he is, RVP out injured and eduardo couldnt hit a barn door so we had to play bendtner, who has scored 9 in 11.

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

PI7ES wrote:
Is Daniel sturrisge good enough for Chelsea, Macheda or diouf for united, ngog for liverpool?
Youve just backed up my thoughts that its been a shit quality season this season. Whoever wins will be the worst champions since Leeds '92

VforVictory

Post by VforVictory »

Bendtner is a third or fourth choice option.

He has a very good goals to games ratio, one of the better headers of the ball in the squad, but he has consistently shown he reacts too slowly to chances, his first touch is not up to standard.

PI7ES

Post by PI7ES »

flash gunner wrote:
PI7ES wrote:
Youve just backed up my thoughts that its been a shit quality season this season. Whoever wins will be the worst champions since Leeds '92
Why because our 3rd choice striker has scored 9 in 11. I dont get where your coming from?

Our title winning teams had strikers that couldnt dream about getting 9 in 11 games. I feel you are being harsh here on NB52. He is there to score goals, let the midfield create them if he continues with the same ratio next year ill be very very happy.

Rocky Number Seven
Location: North Bank, Turnstile D, Block 7, Row 8, Seat 225 / Essex

Post by Rocky Number Seven »

The only real problem i have with Bendtner is that I think he could score more goals if he would actually get in the right positions to score more often.

There were two classic examples of this last night, the first where we burst in to the spurs box from the left hand side and he was sitting outside the area waiting for a pull back with our midfielders ahead of him, the second he was out on the right wing when we already had Theo and Eboue out there which left nobody in the box as a target.

Basically (imho) i think he could improve on his strike rate further if he was to stop drifting around the pitch and as our only player up top would benefit the team more if he hung around the box more giving the wingers more chances to whip the ball in. Until he sorts this he will never be good enough to be first choice at Arsenal.

franksav63
Location: Home - Whitechapel - Arsenal Block 6 - Twitter - @franksav63

Post by franksav63 »

Yep, I remember those two examples RNS, he doesn't really have the instinct of a forward (despite his recent impressive goals to games ratio), he never bursts a gut to get into the 6 yard box, doesn't anticipate a front post cross, to get ahead of his marker, would rather stand on the edge of the box chewing gum, like a cow chewing a lump of grass. :?

donaldo

Post by donaldo »

Dawson had him in his pocket last night.He didnt use his physical strength at all.His first touch is still very poor for a top 4 player

mikeyb772001
Location: Block 6! Drunk and standing next to a mad man with no clothes on!

Post by mikeyb772001 »

quite simple he is not good enough for arsenal, not even close!
He has improved but he would suit a lower to mid table club rather than arsenal. I think most average strikers in the premier leauge if playing for arsenal would of scored the same if not more.