Why we've won nothing again

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

What's the weakest part of our first team?

Goalkeeper
90%
Centre half
5%
Striker
5%

Total votes: 41

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

All of the options but also having a manager that only has one way of playing, if it works its magical, if it doesnt we're fucked. Great talent spotter and man manager Wenger may be but he is tactically inept and thats from someone nicknamed the professor :oops:

mikeyb772001
Location: Block 6! Drunk and standing next to a mad man with no clothes on!

Post by mikeyb772001 »

all of the above! Granted new keeper is what we need most. Though we badly need the rest too, despire our shit gk ect a top striker bought in January would of won us the leauge this year.
the clock is fucking ticking mr wenger and the board...

Sutch

Post by Sutch »

1989 wrote:Almunia, Denilson, Silvestre, Wenger's tactics, Wenger's refusal to spend, Wenger's inability to see the wrongs in this team, injuries, lack of mental strength.
I agree, especially with the last part. I think this team, apart from Cesc, RvP, Sol, Gallas and Verm have a major mental block for beating large rivals and standing up to the task. They pulverise Portsmouth, Hull, Wolves etc. but when it comes to Utd, Chelski and even The Scum now we either struggle (Chelsea and Utd at home), or dominate but still lose (Utd, Chelsea, and Spurs away). This isnt the first season this has happened either. Sort it out Arsene :roll:

Connolly55

Post by Connolly55 »

Can i vote for all of them? As i think we need atleast one of every position.

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

You really need to have a 'Manager' option, as that is undoubtedly the main reason for our failure.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

TeeCee wrote:You really need to have a 'Manager' option, as that is undoubtedly the main reason for our failure.
Absolutely:

1. In our most vulnerable position of the last 5 seasons i.e. centre half, what part of you says "Lets bring in one at the start of the season in response to one ruled out for the season, one sold and two available for loan"

2. "We are definitely in the market".....when our best striker gets injured changes to "nah, fuck it play the 5' 4" lad up front on his own and wait till Bendtner returns". Obviously paid off with 3.27 goals per game pre- RvP injury, down to 1.7 post.

3. Lets play 4-3-3 all season regardless of the opposition. What works at Wolves must work at Barca right ?

4. Lets allow one of our most consistent defenders to run his contract down

5. Lets award five year + contracts to a succession of unproven players

6. Lets show a disregard for domestic cups as they are a complete hinderance to our totally realistic aim of CL and PL glory (yeah right)

....if all else fails there's an injury list, ref, international break, sub-standard pitch or volcanic ash cloud to blame for your own shortcomings

yeahbaby

Post by yeahbaby »

because our squad is too small for a drawn out season in multiple competitions. We can't survive one or two injuries.

merse_10

Post by merse_10 »

IF and its a massive if,everyone is fit then weve got a top class goalscorer in rvp(there's the biggest if :roll: )song has been one of the highlights of the season at dm for me,billy&tv5 have been more then good enough most of season and cesc is as good a playmaker u could get.BUT,even if everyones fit none of the gk's are close to good enough.its not like weve got a class gk out injured and are making do with a back up.weve got a string of 2/3rd choice gk's all pretending to be no1's.joe hart,shay given,brad friedel all been available in last 2 years for peanuts and now at lesser clubs.even jaaskalinen,schwarzer,green,howard,sorenson,reina.vds,cech,wheather you want them or not,are still better then we've got.thats 11 better keepers then ours.
heard that saying'win nothing with kids'
you'll win a damn sight less with a shit gk

Post by 1989 »

yeahbaby wrote:because our squad is too small for a drawn out season in multiple competitions. We can't survive one or two injuries.
Actually our squad is quite big, certainly bigger than in the last few seasons, just that it's full of average players whereas in 2004 for example we had a small squad but 80% of it was top notch quality.

yeahbaby

Post by yeahbaby »

yes exactly we dont have a large enough squad of decent players look at who chels and man u have available v's what we have.
best team maybe would do better but as soon as we lose one player we have nobody to replace them.

augie

Post by augie »

If we were to give an honest assessment of where the blame lies in the club then you would have to point the finger at wenger and the board cos they are the people responsible. However for on the pitch matters it doesnt take einstein to know that a top quality keeper is the main priority for this team but I cant shake the feeling that wenger will not buy a keeper this summer :roll: I also have to say that if I was in charge diaby would be quickly following almunia out the exit door :evil: :evil: :evil:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

almunia - sylvestre - diaby - walcott to name but a few :roll: :cry: :wailer: :banghead: