Future

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
donaldo

Post by donaldo »

Jason_arsenal2010 wrote:
skipper wrote:This team, this "project" has asdly reached end opf a road. The never won anything and will never win anything.

Next season youy'll have Chavsky, manUre, ManShitty (with all that money and CL spot) and probably Liverpool with Mourhino in charghe.

Throughout summer we'll be fed bullshit from Wenger such as "keeping this squad fit and together equals buying new players" etc...

How will this Arsenal team get into top4 next season?

No fucking chance.
ok so what will you do
bring in any manager in the world and as long as we have a board who give you limited amount of money then they will have to do the same thing as wenger is doing which is controlled spending
so dont give me crap that clubs will spen why dont we
United have a 750 million debt that will probably end up ruining them and they are a one man team. They are hardly making any profit and any aqusictions will be through Ronaldo sale who we tried t acquire it was his choice to go to united
Chelsea is being bank rolled by that fu#k russian billonaire and when the spending cap comes in place then chelsea will be supremly f#cked same for City. Since their wages are more than the revenue they make which cause them to sell players at a frantic pace
Liverpool wont even make the CL spot and their financial problems are well documented who knows if you will see Torress and Gerrad in a pool shirt next year.

Chelsea Man Utd have had there worse seasons for years and we still couldnt win the league.
Wengers Failure to buy players in the positions that needed strengthening has cost us
If only RVP had stayed fit.Thats what we hear every season.
Unless Wenger drops his fucking project we will continue to be trophyless

Jason_arsenal2010

Post by Jason_arsenal2010 »

flash gunner wrote:
Chelsea is being bank rolled by that fu#k russian billonaire and when the spending cap comes in place then chelsea will be supremly f#cked same for City. Since their wages are more than the revenue they make which cause them to sell players at a frantic pace
You dont really think there will ever be a spending/wage cap? Imagine Premier League chairmen voting in favour of that.... Its would be like turkeys voting for Christmas...... I smell a rat here i think Jason is a scum supporting WUM
you know what I have had enough stay in you fantasy world and keep blaming wenger for everything and hoping that we will sign 5-6 world class players like Real
These are my last words to you before I leave this forum for forever because I think none of you are realistic but skeptics who like to pick at every bad results and I am sure none of you will ever see a good thing even if it smacks you in the face
Barca went 6 years without a trophy before they became the force they are now and they didnt have a stadium debt to think about
This team and this manager will win the EPL and I am sure of that

skipper

Post by skipper »

Jason_arsenal2010 wrote:
flash gunner wrote:
You dont really think there will ever be a spending/wage cap? Imagine Premier League chairmen voting in favour of that.... Its would be like turkeys voting for Christmas...... I smell a rat here i think Jason is a scum supporting WUM
you know what I have had enough stay in you fantasy world and keep blaming wenger for everything and hoping that we will sign 5-6 world class players like Real
These are my last words to you before I leave this forum for forever because I think none of you are realistic but skeptics who like to pick at every bad results and I am sure none of you will ever see a good thing even if it smacks you in the face
Barca went 6 years without a trophy before they became the force they are now and they didnt have a stadium debt to think about
Yes, they changed manager and brought "inexpirienced" Pepe Guardiola...

Jason_arsenal2010

Post by Jason_arsenal2010 »

skipper wrote:
Jason_arsenal2010 wrote:
flash gunner wrote:
how many players did pep add to this barca team they still play the same formationa and the same players just more older

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Jason_arsenal2010 wrote:
skipper wrote:
Jason_arsenal2010 wrote:
flash gunner wrote:
how many players did pep add to this barca team they still play the same formationa and the same players just more older
Thought you'd gone?

skipper

Post by skipper »

Jason_arsenal2010 wrote:
skipper wrote:
Jason_arsenal2010 wrote:
flash gunner wrote:
So Barca's success has nothing to do with him?

brazilianGOONER

Re: Future

Post by brazilianGOONER »

Jason_arsenal2010 wrote:I get so pi$$ed at these arsenal forums sometimes
they love wenger when we win and then they curse him when we lose
I know we havent won anything for 6 long long years but I can see the future of this team I can see what this team can become with just a few tweaks and additions why can't they see it as well

Additions
Gk - Almunia I agree is a good player for an average EPL team but not us
Fabianski needs a good run in to prove what he's capable of
CB - Gallas, Silvestre and Sol all in their 30's and with the exception of Gallas all of them are not worth the keep. Atleast two players are needed in this area
DM/CM - Someone like melo who is a good defender and attackers is definitely needed but that's it

Our starting lineup next season

------------- Almunia (Frey ?/ Fabianski)
Sagna/Eboue ------- ? ------- Vermaelen ------ Clichy
---------------- Song --------------- Melo
------------------------- Fabregas
Nasri/Chamak ------------ RVP---------------- Arshavin

just a reminder how young our players are

Attacking Lineup

Robin Van Persie - 26
Eduardo - 28
Arshavin - 28
Rosicky - 29
Vela - 21
Walcott - 21
Bedtner - 22
Nasri - 22

Our Midfield

Song - 22
Fabregas - 22
Diaby - 23
Denilson - 21
Ramsey - 19
Wilshere - 18
Merida - 19

Our defense

Sagna - 27
Eboue - 26
Clichy - 24
Gibbs - 20
Traore - 19
Vermaelen - 24
Djourou - 23
Sol - 35
Gallas - 32
Silvestre - 33

Our Goalkeepers

Almunia - 32
Fabianski -24
Mannone - 22
Szczęsny - 19

All we now have to do is work on our defense other than that we have a group of players from our attack to defense who are just going to get into their prime and are surely the future greats but investment is needed
warning:

i will murder everyone in this forum and in the world as well if i see anybody wanting/linking felipe melo to arsenal again.

was i understood??? :evil: :banghead: :evil: :banghead: :evil: :banghead: :evil: :banghead: :evil: :banghead: :evil: :banghead: :evil: :banghead: :evil: :banghead: :evil:

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

skipper wrote:So Barca's success has nothing to do with him?
Who knows whether Guardiola was the key or not.

Messi, Iniesta and Xavi probably have a lot to do with Barca's success, and they were in place before Guardiola arrived.

Basquet and Pedro were already part of the Barca set up, as well.

Eto'o, who was also an important player in last seasons success, was also pre-Guardiola - as were Puyol, Valdes, Henry, Marquez, and other fairly decent players.

Yes, he signed Ibrahimovic for an eye watering amount of money (hardly need to be a genius to know he would do ok) and Alves (another very expensive signing with little risk).

He brought in Keita and Pique who have done well.

Barca already played 4-3-3 so he didn't need to overhaul the formation, either.

He's done well, no doubt - but not many people are fortunate enough to land the Barca job so soon, and such a talented one, at that!

Seems a decent chap though, so good luck to him.

skipper

Post by skipper »

g88ner wrote:

Messi, Iniesta and Xavi probably have a lot to do with Barca's success, and they were in place before Guardiola arrived.

Eto'o, who was also an important player in last seasons success, was also pre-Guardiola - as were Puyol, Valdes, Henry, Marquez, and other fairly decent players.

Yes, he signed Ibrahimovic for an eye watering amount of money (hardly need to be a genius to know he would do ok) and Alves (another very expensive signing with little risk).

He's done well, no doubt - but not many people are fortunate enough to land the Barca job so soon, and such a talented one, at that!

fair points, althouigh I think it proves that those players already at Barca needed a fresh outlook on things, a new perspective and Guardiuola duly provided it. Can't hewlp but think that AFC is in great need of fresh approach... but I just realised that Jason-whateverhisnameis mentioned 6 trophyless years by Barca...so who did beat us in 2006 CL final? :wink:

djhdjh

Post by djhdjh »

Guardiola brought hard work and off the ball organisation to a side which although talented had got stale and lazy in the previous two years. Substitute two for four and you kind of have our situation.

And Jason please cut the crap about we have no money and everyone wants expensive world class players. We are making nice solid profits even with the debt repayments, largely off the back of transfer market profits (even if we broke even it would be more spending on what has happened this year). Plus we know we won't get world class players. We just want good solid players already playing at the top level who add to the team. Like Nasri, like Arshavin, like Vermaelen. Wenger can do it when he wants to, he just needs to do it more often. Then he won't need to make excuses because he'll be winning silverware.

Bergkamp-Genius

Post by Bergkamp-Genius »

g88ner wrote:

Your right Gooner, Guardiola is obviously a good manager but he certainly didn't re-invent Barca as some who's football knowledge doesn't go beyond last weeks media hype now believe... Rijkaard turned Barca round and he more than anyone is responsible for the current squad..they were a superb outfit under him for the bulk of his tenure, he began to lose the dressing room towards the end but he left an outstanding outfit, which Guardiola has done a terrific job re invigorating and tweeking but anyone who thinks he took over a club languishing in the doldrums is mistaken..
Also another point someone made, that they didn't have the stadium debt, no they didn't but it's not that long ago(2003) they were on the brink of bankruptcy with serious financial problems, this was turned around by the current president (laporta) when he arrived in 2003 and he appointed Rijkaard that year together they were responsible for turning Barca around financially and on the pitch, Guardiola just continued the good work on the pitch ably assisted by a now healthy cheque book...

mikeyb772001
Location: Block 6! Drunk and standing next to a mad man with no clothes on!

Post by mikeyb772001 »

a few tweaks , r u mad?
we have needed the so called tweaks the last 5 seasons!!! it aint happend and it wont happen! thats why wenger gets cursed!
I hope to god when the board claim the money is there to spend , it aint true! Otherwise Wenger is actually playing all of us!
No doubt he is a genius and with the funds he has (apparantly) had available have made us nearly champions and nearly CL winners.
The time has surley come to an end, and he has to admit defeat and stop playing us like were in Manager mode in Fifa 2010!

Jason_arsenal2010 wrote:I get so pi$$ed at these arsenal forums sometimes
they love wenger when we win and then they curse him when we lose
I know we havent won anything for 6 long long years but I can see the future of this team I can see what this team can become with just a few tweaks and additions why can't they see it as well

Additions
Gk - Almunia I agree is a good player for an average EPL team but not us
Fabianski needs a good run in to prove what he's capable of
CB - Gallas, Silvestre and Sol all in their 30's and with the exception of Gallas all of them are not worth the keep. Atleast two players are needed in this area
DM/CM - Someone like melo who is a good defender and attackers is definitely needed but that's it

Our starting lineup next season

------------- Almunia (Frey ?/ Fabianski)
Sagna/Eboue ------- ? ------- Vermaelen ------ Clichy
---------------- Song --------------- Melo
------------------------- Fabregas
Nasri/Chamak ------------ RVP---------------- Arshavin

just a reminder how young our players are

Attacking Lineup

Robin Van Persie - 26
Eduardo - 28
Arshavin - 28
Rosicky - 29
Vela - 21
Walcott - 21
Bedtner - 22
Nasri - 22

Our Midfield

Song - 22
Fabregas - 22
Diaby - 23
Denilson - 21
Ramsey - 19
Wilshere - 18
Merida - 19

Our defense

Sagna - 27
Eboue - 26
Clichy - 24
Gibbs - 20
Traore - 19
Vermaelen - 24
Djourou - 23
Sol - 35
Gallas - 32
Silvestre - 33

Our Goalkeepers

Almunia - 32
Fabianski -24
Mannone - 22
Szczęsny - 19

All we now have to do is work on our defense other than that we have a group of players from our attack to defense who are just going to get into their prime and are surely the future greats but investment is needed

Post by 1989 »

-------------------------- Hart --------------------------
Sagna ------- Lugano ------- Vermaelen ------ Clichy
---------------- Song --------------- F. Melo
------------------------- Fabregas ------------------------
Chamakh ------------ van Persie ------------ Arshavin

Quadruple here we come!! :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

franksav63
Location: Home - Whitechapel - Arsenal Block 6 - Twitter - @franksav63

Post by franksav63 »