Can we even finish 4th!

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
mikeyb772001
Location: Block 6! Drunk and standing next to a mad man with no clothes on!

Can we even finish 4th!

Post by mikeyb772001 »

Just got back today and what a fucking joke!
To be honest i cant see us ending the season 4th.Maybe thats what we need to finally send a message to the those *word censored* in the board who seem to like us finishing in the top 4.
Utter disgrace!

DanielD

Re: Can we even finish 4th!

Post by DanielD »

mikeyb772001 wrote:Just got back today and what a fucking joke!
To be honest i cant see us ending the season 4th.Maybe thats what we need to finally send a message to the those c**ts in the board who seem to like us finishing in the top 4.
Utter disgrace!
Ahhh no, I would rather be in the CL next year.. :roll:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

I text a buddy at full time saying it would be no surprise if we lost every game from here to the end of the season. Only hope is Fulham getting to the Europa League final and playing their ladies against us, and even at that they'd probably get something from Flappy and co. City will do us next week and the fat walrus must be licking his lips at the prospect of our babies going to Ewood. The season can't finish quickly enough for me now.

merse_10

Post by merse_10 »

DanielD wrote:
To be honest i cant see us ending the season 4th.Maybe thats what we need to finally send a message to the those c**ts in the board who seem to like us finishing in the top 4.
Utter disgrace!
Ahhh no, I would rather be in the CL next year.. :roll:
so would i,obviously
but id also rather be in it with a chance to win it and that wont happen as things are now

mikeyb772001

Post by mikeyb772001 »

if we carry on the way we are, it will roll on and on. The board are happy with us being non achivers when it comes to winning trophys. Are players are simply not good enough to compete in the top level. The players donr seem to give a fuck which is even more worrying.

Andrei says Shhhhh

Post by Andrei says Shhhhh »

Utter disgrace!
Norwich Lite beat Spuds next Saturday and we only need a draw against City to pretty much guarantee 3rd place.

Also Spuds have to go to Eastlands as well,

selsdon

Post by selsdon »

would it be a great disaster not qualifying for the cl

the board will miss their revenue granted but lets get our own backyard sorted first before trying to give it large abroad

what little chance we had of the title this year was spunked by wenger's team selection against barca - who we didnt have a prayer of beating over two legs

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

selsdon wrote:would it be a great disaster not qualifying for the cl

the board will miss their revenue granted but lets get our own backyard sorted first before trying to give it large abroad

what little chance we had of the title this year was spunked by wenger's team selection against barca - who we didnt have a prayer of beating over two legs
Its all to do with injuries apparently - everything else is fine. Wenger has made the correct selection every match, there is no other manager in world football that could do a better job, there are no players in world football that could improve our squad, we play a brand of football that would have the Dutch team of the 70s and Brazil of 1982 in awe of us, we are very close to winning everything in sight and we have the best squad he's ever had at his disposal

What can you possibly be worried about ?

mikeyb772001

Post by mikeyb772001 »

spot on mate, took the words out my mouth!
selsdon wrote:would it be a great disaster not qualifying for the cl

bunch

Post by bunch »

I think today has meant that for me this season is not as good as last. Yes we may finish 3rd not 4th but we've thrown away too many opportunities like today aginst weaker teams and been totally embarassed by good ones.

Last season I felt we were only truly beasted twice, both at the Emirates within days of each other against ManU and Chelsea. This season we have been well and truly done over 5 times.

The reason we have been in touch is that despite being able to smash us at will, Manu and Chelsea have otherwise been poor.

If the bindippers hadn't imploded we'd probably be scrapping for 4th with the Spuds and Citeh. We still might be but atth emoment we have a good enough lead that should see us through.

Today Wigan kept going and fought hard like a team still in a battle for survival. I think Blackburn and Fulham will have nothing to play for so a determined Arsenal team that has any respect for its fans should put in a performance to win both of those. I think we'll lose to City though, and it could be ugly.

selsdon

Post by selsdon »

the board would have little choice but to act if we don't qualify

but we will so expect more of the same next season

perry groves was a legend

Post by perry groves was a legend »

How in the name of God could any Arsenal fan want us to not finish in the CL spots?

selsdon

Post by selsdon »

to bring about a much needed and long overdue change perhaps?

lincs123

Post by lincs123 »

Honestly guys its a blessing in disguise we lost today. im genuinely happy with the result, it will mean drastic change this summer. Bring on next season

DanielD

Post by DanielD »

lincs123 wrote:Honestly guys its a blessing in disguise we lost today. im genuinely happy with the result, it will mean drastic change this summer. Bring on next season
I don't think today's result had any baring on the changes we will make in the summer. Wenger knows players like Silvestre and Fabiansky aren't good enough. Do you think he'll change his mind on Diaby or Nasri after today? I'm not sure.

What we need is to think where we need to strengthen the most, what players don't suit us, and FFS, figure why we have the worst injury list in the last decade.. All these things weren't really affected by today's performance.