Who should play in goal for the last 3 games ?

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

Who should play in goal for the last 3 games?

Flappy
6%
The Spanish Clown
6%
The Italian Unknown
33%
Bring back Wojtek
21%
Other (Pat Rice)
33%

Total votes: 48

aw

Who should play in goal for the last 3 games ?

Post by aw »

Not much choice but....

Definitely not Almunia. It has to be Flappy or the Italian.

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Personally id play Flappy id tell him he has 3 games to save his Arsenal Career and id have Almunia out in the summer and a new keeper in with Flappy as the number 2 if he does well in these games

Only One Tony Adams

Post by Only One Tony Adams »

I'd stick Pat in goal,he can't do any worse............ :( :(

Boomer

Post by Boomer »

flash gunner wrote:Personally id play Flappy id tell him he has 3 games to save his Arsenal Career and id have Almunia out in the summer and a new keeper in with Flappy as the number 2 if he does well in these games
+1

You know I'd happily take David James as a number 2! Fuck it right now I'd take David James as a number 1
:shock:
:roll:
:oops:
:(

mrgnu1958

Post by mrgnu1958 »

mannone..only coz our best goalies on loan at Brentford. :banghead:

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

I don't think it matters now, Al must know he is finished, I wouldn't want flappy to play and do well and then have Wenger telling us he is world class. As for the Italian I think we all know he isn't the answer. And I doubt the other Pole will be recalled from loan at this stage of the season.
The whole situation stinks of mismanagement and a neglect of duties on Wenger's part.

REB

Post by REB »

flash gunner wrote:Personally id play Flappy id tell him he has 3 games to save his Arsenal Career and id have Almunia out in the summer and a new keeper in with Flappy as the number 2 if he does well in these games
wenger has been quoted on ssn that flappy will start the last 3 games as coco the clown has a wrist injury.

marcengels

Post by marcengels »

REBEL GOONER wrote:
wenger has been quoted on ssn that flappy will start the last 3 games as coco the clown has a wrist injury.
:awnker: :awnker: Sorry to be so predictable...

LDB
Location: Having a cup of tea and waiting for all this to blow over

Post by LDB »

REBEL GOONER wrote:
I know people call almunia ***** but i never knew he took it literally :oops:

... should i get my coat?

donaldo

Post by donaldo »

Mannone as he is the least worst of the three :shock: .Flappianski and Almunia should never play for Arsenal again
Last edited by donaldo on Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

RaM

Post by RaM »

Exasperated Wenger: "This is fucking ridiculous. You may as well be in goal today Pat!"

Pat Rice: "Yes sir."

*Walks out onto the pitch*

Wenger: "What? Where are you? Oh why not?"

LDB
Location: Having a cup of tea and waiting for all this to blow over

Post by LDB »

marcengels wrote:
REBEL GOONER wrote:
:awnker: :awnker: Sorry to be so predictable...

Curse you, this was my moment! :(

Boomer

Post by Boomer »

goonersid wrote:I don't think it matters now, Al must know he is finished, I wouldn't want flappy to play and do well and then have Wenger telling us he is world class. As for the Italian I think we all know he isn't the answer. And I doubt the other Pole will be recalled from loan at this stage of the season.
The whole situation stinks of mismanagement and a neglect of duties on Wenger's part.
It's a sad state of affairs as yesturday proved that neither is competent. Not even good let alone world class but Not competent! :roll:

Wrist injury my arse! Al's been dropped which means that given AW statement about his 'long term' number one might means it's Flappy. So in a way I'm glad he's failing. I don't wish it on only one but it's the only way Wenger will see.

If he goes on to have 3 blinders in the remaining games it will be a case of 'problem solved'. :roll: :roll:

mrgnu1958

Post by mrgnu1958 »

im guessing there will be loads of sarcastic cheers whenever/if at all,he catches a ball on saturday. :shock:

mrgnu1958

Post by mrgnu1958 »

All jokes aside,am i the only one who thinks its a fecking disgrace that OUR club has put up with BAD goalkeeping the last 4 years?
....i suppose he will wait untill august 31st and buy...SORENSON.
If that happens,we will be in big big trouble.