Is it wrong that I don't want to go to Blackburn?

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Irish Gooner

Post by Irish Gooner »

crocit wrote:if this is your mentality then you are not an arsenal fan, i am going no matter the circumustances
who are you to say who is and isnt a fan.

Bring Back Pires

Post by Bring Back Pires »

Irish Gooner wrote:
crocit wrote:if this is your mentality then you are not an arsenal fan, i am going no matter the circumustances
Exactly. Blindly spending hundreds of pounds on dead-rubber matches doesn't mean you're automatically superior to those who choose not to go.

Gooner_Sam

Post by Gooner_Sam »

I can understand why you wouldn't want to go mate, after yesterdays showing its hard to pick yourself up and hand over money to a club that gave us THAT yesterday.

But i for one will be nothing all day and i will be in my living room bored with a voice in my head saying 'you should have gone'.

Fuck it, lets go and party!

:barscarf:

benglenton

Post by benglenton »

after the misunderstanding whit mr.Whitey
my only thought is
every AFC match needs to celebrate
of course depends all to money

AFC money are always good spending

who cares about mr.Wenger, mr.Almunia, mr.Flappiansky or everyelse

do it for The Arsenal

but watch out for money, recession never ending still

crocit

Post by crocit »

go and support your team, why pick and chose games. you decide not to go coz we're doing shit, all i say is piss off, prawnie, people only bought Fulham tickets wen went on sale because we cud have won the league, now everyones selling,

marcengels

Post by marcengels »

crocit wrote:go and support your team, why pick and chose games. you decide not to go coz we're doing shit, all i say is piss off, prawnie, people only bought Fulham tickets wen went on sale because we cud have won the league, now everyones selling,
:lol: :lol:

Fishist! :shock: :? :D

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

crocit wrote:go and support your team, why pick and chose games. you decide not to go coz we're doing shit, all i say is piss off, prawnie, people only bought Fulham tickets wen went on sale because we cud have won the league, now everyones selling,
Don't blame them - it's costing me well over £100 to watch I half arsed team go through the motions against Fulham...

over £100 again to watch us go through the motions against Citeh...

another £70+ to watch us go through the motions against Blackburn...

and it cost me around £60 to watch us go through the motions at Wigan.

So that's £330+ to watch 4 friendlies that the players don't care about...
Does that make me a fan? or just an idiot with more money than sense?? :? :(

Quite frankly, if people with families and a mortgage decide to sack Arsenal off this season, then that's their decision. No problem with it, personally.

basilbrush14

Balckburn

Post by basilbrush14 »

Dumbest post ever mate. You mug, who cares if you go or not. You go or you don't fukin go.

SammyDroppedHisShorts
Location: In front of the best fans on earth. The Arse and all.

Post by SammyDroppedHisShorts »

I CAN understand why people would not WANT to go so soon after that joke served up at Wigan....but for me a fan who has a ticket to go to an Arsenal game is a fan who should attend. So many people miss out on watching the boys that it seems scandalous that anyone would consider not going. I was as pissed off as anyone yesterday sitting in the DW stadium, but in all seriousness i sat with thousands of people who i dont know but share a one love....Arsenal.

We cant always win, we cant always play like the halcyon days of 2004, we cant always get the result we want, and we cant always come away thinking the boys played well.....we like any other club will get bad days at the office.

You look at the team we had out there, you look at how the game changed in seconds, you cant account for errors, because errors get punished.....

For me i was born an Arsenal fan
I was bred an Arsenal fan
I have seen the good times
I have seen the bad times
BUT most of all I HAVE NEVER EVER GIVEN UP MY TICKET BECAUSE THE BOYS PLAYED SHIT.......

Travel the 500-600+ round trip
Get behind the boys and remember.....

we might just win 5-0...its a funny game...

NEVER question your mind.....go go go....you have a ticket....go go go

Eboue-Why?

Post by Eboue-Why? »

SammyDroppedHisShorts wrote:I CAN understand why people would not WANT to go so soon after that joke served up at Wigan....but for me a fan who has a ticket to go to an Arsenal game is a fan who should attend. So many people miss out on watching the boys that it seems scandalous that anyone would consider not going. I was as pissed off as anyone yesterday sitting in the DW stadium, but in all seriousness i sat with thousands of people who i dont know but share a one love....Arsenal.

We cant always win, we cant always play like the halcyon days of 2004, we cant always get the result we want, and we cant always come away thinking the boys played well.....we like any other club will get bad days at the office.

You look at the team we had out there, you look at how the game changed in seconds, you cant account for errors, because errors get punished.....

BUT most of all I HAVE NEVER EVER GIVEN UP MY TICKET BECAUSE THE BOYS PLAYED SHIT.......

Fuck me Sammy..........YOU'RE THE MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SammyDroppedHisShorts
Location: In front of the best fans on earth. The Arse and all.

Post by SammyDroppedHisShorts »

And...may i add if its about MONEY.....then think.....if you cant afford to go.....dont buy the ticket....

I understand money is tight....and people find it difficult....but if YOU HAVE the ticket already....you may as well go....i mean if we had beaten Brum, beaten The Spuds, and beaten Wigan.....money would not count....YOU WOULD BE THERE no MATTER ....

Eboue-Why?

Post by Eboue-Why? »

SammyDroppedHisShorts wrote:And...may i add if its about MONEY.....then think.....if you cant afford to go.....dont buy the ticket....

I understand money is tight....and people find it difficult....but if YOU HAVE the ticket already....you may as well go....i mean if we had beaten Brum, beaten The Spuds, and beaten Wigan.....money would not count....YOU WOULD BE THERE no MATTER ....
Alright alright don't overdo it! :wink:
(ps everything you say is spot on by the way)

gusher311

Post by gusher311 »

SammyDroppedHisShorts wrote:I CAN understand why people would not WANT to go so soon after that joke served up at Wigan....but for me a fan who has a ticket to go to an Arsenal game is a fan who should attend. So many people miss out on watching the boys that it seems scandalous that anyone would consider not going. I was as pissed off as anyone yesterday sitting in the DW stadium, but in all seriousness i sat with thousands of people who i dont know but share a one love....Arsenal.

Great post 8)

Listen, if you can't afford it nobody on here should influence your decision. Just don't feel guilty about it because in the end its your decision whether you want to go or not :roll:

MK Gould

Post by MK Gould »

Bring Back Pires wrote:
Irish Gooner wrote:
Exactly. Blindly spending hundreds of pounds on dead-rubber matches doesn't mean you're automatically superior to those who choose not to go.
Well actually I do think going to "dead rubber" matches probably does make someone automatically superior. Where will you be if we have a season when we finish, god forbid, in mid table and "dead rubber" games are from February onwards....?

Me? I'm not going either. But given that I went to virtually every match in a 10 year period when we were shite and never once worried what our league position was or who we were even playing I think I've earned the right to be a bit more choosy these days!

mikeyb772001
Location: Block 6! Drunk and standing next to a mad man with no clothes on!

Post by mikeyb772001 »

Dont feel guilty mate, the team dont feel bad for it. So why should you!