Is it wrong that I don't want to go to Blackburn?

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
RVP2

Is it wrong that I don't want to go to Blackburn?

Post by RVP2 »

First of all I would like to point out that I have been to a lot of away games over the past few years (I have 32 credits and only 3 or 4 have been tickets bought for friends).

Is it wrong that I do not want to go to Blackburn, a fixture only 3 or 4 weeks ago I was almost certainly going to? Some may say it is because the team has been playing badly, but I would like to argue there are other reasons why I am not going to go, the main two being:-

1. Cost - £35 match ticket, approx £40 return trains, £10 beer, £10 food = £95.

2. Kick off Time - Not absolutly terrible as the West Coast mainline from Euston to Preston is quick and not too expensive, however with the game being at 5pm on Bank Holiday Monday it really isn't ideal. I would be getting home (North London) about midnight, 9 hours before having to be in the office.

The game is on TV, which isn't normally a factor for me but it just seems like a stupid idea to go. What does everyone else think?

Bring Back Pires

Post by Bring Back Pires »

I'd not bother personally. The team won't turn up, why should you?

brazilianGOONER

Post by brazilianGOONER »

it's easy for me to say, but i would go.

i know the team may not show up, but that's what makes us people who actually love the arsenal and will follow it wherever it will go, and them (players) a bunch of *word censored* who only care about the money.

we love the arsenal, not the arsenal players. i'd go.

PI7ES

Post by PI7ES »

I went to wigan, and after that i cannot get myself up for travelling back up north for blackburn :cry:

RVP2

Post by RVP2 »

Yes I do understand that thought process as well, however I went to Barcelona (at least £300 quid just for 24 hours) and Spurs £50 and I just can't afford it for a game that means absolutly nothing. I am going to both Man City and Fulham at home so it is not as if I am giving up going for the year.
brazilianGOONER wrote:it's easy for me to say, but i would go.

i know the team may not show up, but that's what makes us people who actually love the arsenal and will follow it wherever it will go, and them (players) a bunch of c**ts who only care about the money.

we love the arsenal, not the arsenal players. i'd go.

12thGooner

Post by 12thGooner »

think you need to ask yourself if you would be able to flog your ticket to someone else who would want to go.

digger

Post by digger »

I don't think I'd bother going if I was in the same situation. I normally go to one away game a season, and was considering going to Wigan, glad I didn't now.

spoona

Post by spoona »

Im shocked you spend the same on booze as you do on food!!are you a lightweight or a big eater?? :wink:

Vince

Post by Vince »

I cant because the date has been changed to monday, and Ive booked the train for the weekend. So i'll stay in London for the weekend and watch the game on TV at home :evil:

spoona

Post by spoona »

Only time i've been to Blackburn was for the 4-1 in 98'what a day,Anelka running riot and a snowball fight in the car park after,seems like an enternity ago now :cry:

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

I don't think people ever want to go to Blackburn. Football or no football.

RVP2

Post by RVP2 »

spoona wrote:Im shocked you spend the same on booze as you do on food!!are you a lightweight or a big eater?? :wink:
Big eater, I do a hell of a lot of sport so have to eat a lot! Plus, beer in Blackburn is not too expensive.

On top of my earlier point I have been to Blackburn 3 times before so don't feel I have to go to tick it off the list (like with Wolves and Stoke this season).

gunnerbrad

Post by gunnerbrad »

Thinking about not going to Blackburn but by July will be pissed off i didnt go and regret it. Will roably go as last game of the seaso is normally a good day out with alll the Gooners dressing up.

:barscarf:

Connolly55

Post by Connolly55 »

Im going. Got my ticket, going to just go and enjoy the day. I have never been to Ewood Park and seen us win, and ive been there twice.

But ill have a few beers and enjoy our last away game.

crocit

Post by crocit »

if this is your mentality then you are not an arsenal fan, i am going no matter the circumustances