Are Rosicky's best days behind him...or not?

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Champagne Charlie

Are Rosicky's best days behind him...or not?

Post by Champagne Charlie »

I've noticed in a few posts that folks reckon we should cut Tommy.
Now he has only recently recovered a long term injury, should we at least wait until next season before we can really assess whether or not it's time to replace him with Wilshere (whom I think is the heir apparent)?

Or is the general feeling we should cut him and allow someone else a chance to stake a claim?
Have we seen the best of him in an Arsenal shirt?

Kiwi Gooner

Post by Kiwi Gooner »

I think so, yes.
But I don't think we've ever seen The Little Mozart at his very best.
It's sad.
I don't think we'll ever see Eduardo at his best again, either.
That's sad, too.

Kiki

Post by Kiki »

No. Once he get's a good pre-season behind him Rosa will will be back to his very best. I think he done pretty good seen he came back, you can see he's putting in the effort and that is all you can ask for.

mrgnu1958

Post by mrgnu1958 »

imo his best days have been and gone :(

Post by 1989 »

His best days were at Borussia Dortmund. Was never a great player to begin with, just another over rated player in a sea of over rated players at the club.

Would get shot of him in the summer, and replace him with Wilshere as well as give him the number 7.

Only One Tony Adams

Post by Only One Tony Adams »

I'm sure Jack Wilshere is going to be a super player for us in the years to come, but i'm not sure he's ready for a season in the 1st team, Jack on the bench for me with maybe a few starts.

......... :barscarf: :barscarf:

jamjc64

Post by jamjc64 »

Time for Rosicky and Edyy to go i think.

They can show the way out to Average Al, Flappy. Theo, Billy, Tweety, and im sure there must be some more ???

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

1989 wrote:His best days were at Borussia Dortmund. Was never a great player to begin with, just another over rated player in a sea of over rated players at the club.

Would get shot of him in the summer, and replace him with Wilshere as well as give him the number 7.
In a nutshell.

Rob

Post by Rob »

In a word - 'Yes!'

tel

Post by tel »

I don't mind keeping Tommy but he should only be a squad player who plays 10-15 games per season max. He's almost 1st choice if fit and that imho is wrong. Same goes for Eddy too, both useful squad players but not 1st teamers.

Percy Dalton

Post by Percy Dalton »

To be honest I never understood all the fuss in the first place.

I can only think of a handful of games before his "injury" where he looked anything better than half decent.

I recently asked if Joe Cole would be a good signing for us on a free and was shocked when others said we didn't need him as we had Rosicky.

Yes, I would get shot of him but with his history I would be suprised if many were interested in taking him.

8)

donaldo

Post by donaldo »

Get shot of him and Eduardo.Dont think he was that good before he got injured.But no club will pay him the stupid wages we do.So unless we cut our losses and give him a free we are stuck with him

Its Up 4 Grabs Now

Post by Its Up 4 Grabs Now »

I think the talent was there for him to have been a really good player for us & he was starting to show signs of it in his 2nd season [07/08] but he’s never really had a proper sustained run in the team. I’d be surprised if he’s ever played 7 or 8 games in a row for us without being back out for a few weeks/years.

That plus he was yet another player stuck out on the wing when his best position seemed to be more central, & one of the strengths of his game (ability to shoot from long range) got Wengerballed out of him. Would never have reached Bobby’s heights but could still have been a quality player for us. Wouldn’t have a problem with keeping him as a squad player.

Number 5

Post by Number 5 »

Of course they are, once you reach the end of your first cocaine fuelled night of debauchery with a bunch of hookers it's all down hill from there. :cry:

Try as you might, you’ll never be able to recreate that kind of magic.

no. 1 is Perry Groves....

Post by no. 1 is Perry Groves.... »

i'd keep him.

he's a good squad player if nothing else and one of the few players we have with some experience. We've shown time and time agin our squad is not big enough so why get rid of our experienced players? I would much rather have him on the bench wth another 17 year old with no experience.

no reason at all why he could not have a great season next year.