FULHAM HOME THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
walbers

Post by walbers »

I really like the idea of a banner for the Fulham game.As has been suggested,something has to be done to show how disappointed,disillusioned we have all become.Arsene said a few days ago that he's looking at 2 or 3 new players tops.That's just not enough!!!I cant see what he sees in some of these players.
I will definitely leave before 'the lap'.It would be interesting to see it happen with an empty stadium.
I do feel though that we need to get a real message across,stating just how we feel.
As I've said on the blackburn thread,the fact that only Theo stood and applauded our support shows just what these over-paid,under performing people think of us and I've had enough.

Charlie! Charlie!

Post by Charlie! Charlie! »

More concerned about pre match drinks - may just stay in the beer shop all day. :oops:

mikeyb772001
Location: Block 6! Drunk and standing next to a mad man with no clothes on!

Post by mikeyb772001 »

walbers wrote:I really like the idea of a banner for the Fulham game.As has been suggested,something has to be done to show how disappointed,disillusioned we have all become.Arsene said a few days ago that he's looking at 2 or 3 new players tops.That's just not enough!!!I cant see what he sees in some of these players.
I will definitely leave before 'the lap'.It would be interesting to see it happen with an empty stadium.
I do feel though that we need to get a real message across,stating just how we feel.
As I've said on the blackburn thread,the fact that only Theo stood and applauded our support shows just what these over-paid,under performing people think of us and I've had enough.
i agree 100%!

Titi2

Post by Titi2 »

My seats will be empty. If the team cant be arsed, neither can I. Maybe the announcement that the attendance is 60,010 when the stadium is half empty will bring some gallows humour to the occasion.

Bendtners Drinking Buddy

Re: FULHAM HOME THREAD

Post by Bendtners Drinking Buddy »

REBEL GOONER wrote:dont know about you lot but im glad this sorry season is at an end :cry:
I do not agree this has been a "sorry season", sorry end to the season granted - we all know that with one or two addittions this could have been a very good season, but this hasn't been a disasterous or sorry season.

Considering Arsenal have still exceeded expectations of many this season (we were favourites to drop out of the top four remember), and that we have still had some great games I personally cannot call this a sorry season, injuries to key players, and in recent games, individual mistakes / lack of fight have cost us - the latter are our two main weaknesses, if both of these are addressed we will be fighting for the title next season.

Some major pluses to come out of this season, we have shown fight in games that mattered, we have scored goals, great goals and had some great wins with some great moments. Disapointments are there for all to see, im sure we pretty much agree on all of them - but considering we were still in the title race with 4 games to go, i cant call this a "sorry season".

Foot note - remember last year everyone saying "im going to turn my back, boo, leave" - they did in their minority and nothing changed - the same will happen this season. The lap of appreciation is done by most clubs and you could actually say they are apreciating the fans support? If you dont like it leave, thats absolutely fine, but most will stay, i would if i had a ticket - whatever happens, whoever mad or angry i get....I still love Arsenal and most of the players deserve some appreciation - Song (especially as he got most of the boo's it should go the other way when its merited) TV, Fabregas, Eboue, VP, Bendtner, Sol - all of these have given everything for Arsenal this season - even the likes of Ramsey deserve it.
Last edited by Bendtners Drinking Buddy on Wed May 05, 2010 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bendtners Drinking Buddy

[quote="walbers"]I really like the idea of a banner for the Fulham game.As has been suggested,something has to be done to show how disappointed,disillusioned we have all become.Arsene said a few days ago that he's looking at 2 or 3 new players tops.That's just not enough!!!I cant see what he sees in some of these players.
As I've said on the blackburn thread,the fact that only Theo stood and applauded our support shows just what these over-paid,under performing people think of us and I've had enough.[/quote]

More than that useless shower of shite of a footballer has done for us all season! Id love nothing better than for him to be sold on to someone like Villa who will pump balls up the wing to him to chase all day, its the only thing he is half good at (when he can control the ball that is).

(i totally agree about players applauding though, it should be compulsory for Arsenal players)

LeftfootlegendGooner

Re: FULHAM HOME THREAD

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

Bendtners Drinking Buddy wrote:
REBEL GOONER wrote:dont know about you lot but im glad this sorry season is at an end :cry:
I do not agree this has been a "sorry season", sorry end to the season granted - we all know that with one or two addittions this could have been a very good season, but this hasn't been a disasterous or sorry season.

Considering Arsenal have still exceeded expectations of many this season (we were favourites to drop out of the top four remember), and that we have still had some great games I personally cannot call this a sorry season, injuries to key players, and in recent games, individual mistakes / lack of fight have cost us - the latter are our two main weaknesses, if both of these are addressed we will be fighting for the title next season.

Some major pluses to come out of this season, we have shown fight in games that mattered, we have scored goals, great goals and had some great wins with some great moments. Disapointments are there for all to see, im sure we pretty much agree on all of them - but considering we were still in the title race with 4 games to go, i cant call this a "sorry season".

Foot note - remember last year everyone saying "im going to turn my back, boo, leave" - they did in their minority and nothing changed - the same will happen this season. The lap of appreciation is done by most clubs and you could actually say they are apreciating the fans support? If you dont like it leave, thats absolutely fine, but most will stay, i would if i had a ticket - whatever happens, whoever mad or angry i get....I still love Arsenal and most of the players deserve some appreciation - Song (especially as he got most of the boo's it should go the other way when its merited) TV, Fabregas, Eboue, VP, Bendtner, Sol - all of these have given everything for Arsenal this season - even the likes of Ramsey deserve it.
I would have thought the 6 games that mattered were 2 each against the chavs, manure and barca. 5 losses and the most one sided draw you will ever see. I personally didn't see any fight whatsoever in those 6 games, just capitulation.

Had we shown fight and won these games we could well be winning 2 trophies very soon.

selsdon

Post by selsdon »

we have shown fight in games that mattered

really? what games were they then?

The fight we showed home or away to either Chelsea, Utd or Barca?

Or the never say die Arsenal spirit we showed at Man City (twice), Upton Park, Stadium of Light, Turf Moor and latterly at the Lane, Ewood Park and Wigan?

Yeah proud times to be a gooner alright.

Bendtners Drinking Buddy

Can't disagree we didnt play well n some games, my point was more to do with the comebacks we have had this season (Alkmarr, Bolton etc) as well as wins in adversity and the numerous late wins we have had.

You can slag off everything Arsenal if you like, makes no odds to me, what im saying is its hard to comprehend calling it a "sorry season" when with 4 games to go we could have won the league.

If you read my post you will see that, like most, im fully aware of where we need to improve - but it is hard to legislate for so many key players missing, as well as the back up players for them missing at the same time - rememebr when we had 3 left backs out? our captain? our main striker in van persie? 3 of our first 4 CBs? Partly that is a squad issue of course (certainly with the GK / CB issues), but its still an unprecendented amount of injuries. By all meanms speak of the negative - it is there, but i cant be bothered with all the overreactions we had last summer, where some people thought we would finish 6th or lower.

Is it a good time to be an Arsenal supporter? in recent weeks no, but looking at the bigger picture - if we get a GK and a couple of Centre Backs, i think it could be a very good time very soon - ive seen enoug this season to show me this squad is going in the right direction - i find it hard to agree with anyone that says we havnt improved this year.

digger

Post by digger »

Bendtners Drinking Buddy wrote:You can slag off everything Arsenal if you like, makes no odds to me, what im saying is its hard to comprehend callnig it a "sorry season" when with 4 games to go we could have won the league.
The point is, we've lost all games from that point. The players, theoretically, are good enough. It's the bottle, the motivation and the tactics which were lacking.

This season is exactly like the 2001 FA Cup final, or the 2006 Champions League Final, or the 2007 Carling Cup final.... we look like real contenders, then shit ourselves in the last 10 minutes.

Bendtners Drinking Buddy

digger wrote:
Bendtners Drinking Buddy wrote:You can slag off everything Arsenal if you like, makes no odds to me, what im saying is its hard to comprehend callnig it a "sorry season" when with 4 games to go we could have won the league.
The point is, we've lost all games from that point. The players, theoretically, are good enough. It's the bottle, the motivation and the tactics which were lacking.

This season is exactly like the 2001 FA Cup final, or the 2006 Champions League Final, or the 2007 Carling Cup final.... we look like real contenders, then shit ourselves in the last 10 minutes.
Im completely with you on the last few games Digger, its been a joke the way they have showed such a lack of fight....but with players like Diaby, Walcott and Silvestere in the team in such key positions we are always going to struggle!

What im saying is, take the last few games out of it, the season hasnt been that bad. We need to compete in games against the bigger sides, definately, but i think with a new GK and CB and our key players available we would. The Squad has come back from the dead twice this season, and had Van Persie been fit i still maintain we would have won the league.

What would people have said at the beginning of the season (when we were written off remember) had they been told that Gallas, Fabregas and Van Persie - our spine - would miss large chunks of the season, and often not one of them being fit to play? We need reinforcements, i think we all have similar ideas where they need to be - but to say this has been a sorry season and imply the players dont deserve any recognition is utter bollocks for me.

digger

Post by digger »

Nah, I agree that some of the key players deserve a bit of recognition. But the team on Sunday will almost certainly consist of Flappy, Silvestre, Vela etc etc.... what do they deserve but unbridled abuse?

Like them or not - probably not - they will be part of the "lap of appreciation". You can't exactly single RvP, Fabregas, Vermaelen and Campbell out for applause when they're surrounded by a whole plethora of chumps who've let us down badly this season.

MK Gould

Post by MK Gould »

Looking forward to the game now just when I'd thought it was a dead rubber....

Bring it on!!!

marcengels

Post by marcengels »

MK Gould wrote:Looking forward to the game now just when I'd thought it was a dead rubber....

Bring it on!!!
You're as mad as a hatter these days MKG :lol: :lol:

I Hate Hleb

Post by I Hate Hleb »

marcengels wrote:
MK Gould wrote:Looking forward to the game now just when I'd thought it was a dead rubber....

Bring it on!!!
You're as mad as a hatter these days MKG :lol: :lol:
'These days'? :? :oops: :lol: :lol: :wink: