Season Tickets for 2010/11

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Eboue-Why?

Post by Eboue-Why? »

worthing gooner wrote:Has anyone renewed yet? We have an unused credit from this season and with prices being frozen how can the ticket be more expensive??
My ST in the lower North was £925 but for next season they ONLY want £893 so they've allowed for the 7th cup credit and knocked off £32. Not sure why others aren't seeing the same.

As for whether you should buy one Mikey, well I do feel that if you go to the majority of games, and/or you have mates who can take it off you for the games you can't make and you can afford the initial lump this month then in my opinion you should go for it. I know others will say Silver is just as good but I love the fact that you're around the same group of fans each week and of course when the big games come around at home you can sit back and relax knowing you don't have to log on at 9.30am etc

If you can afford it, do it :barscarf:

mikeyb772001
Location: Block 6! Drunk and standing next to a mad man with no clothes on!

Post by mikeyb772001 »

Eboue-Why? wrote:
worthing gooner wrote:Has anyone renewed yet? We have an unused credit from this season and with prices being frozen how can the ticket be more expensive??
My ST in the lower North was £925 but for next season they ONLY want £893 so they've allowed for the 7th cup credit and knocked off £32. Not sure why others aren't seeing the same.

As for whether you should buy one Mikey, well I do feel that if you go to the majority of games, and/or you have mates who can take it off you for the games you can't make and you can afford the initial lump this month then in my opinion you should go for it. I know others will say Silver is just as good but I love the fact that you're around the same group of fans each week and of course when the big games come around at home you can sit back and relax knowing you don't have to log on at 9.30am etc

cheers for that mate, i agree! I can only normaly get red ticket games and if i am lucky enough to get a big game that alone costs roughly £70 so a few of them and im half way there anyway.
Its a great atmosphere down there and atleast i wont get told off for swearing and standing up haha! Its row 20 so that should be good!
To be honest its just the trouble i know it will cause with the mrs. I know she will moan when we get invited to her family bbq's or if she wants a day trip to ikea , which i do really love...

potter

Post by potter »

It looks a higher price because he doesn't have the benefit of the missing cup match as he did not pay for it last year.

augie

Post by augie »

I think I will have the chance to get a season ticket in my own name this season but I have to say that right now I am unsure on whether I will take it and I never thought I would feel this way :o :oops: Season tickets costs a fortune (especially in today's economic climate) for everybody lucky enough to buy one but when I factor in everything from flights, airport car parking and the money I spend everytime I am over then we are talking about a kings ransom and I am not sure how comfortable I am would that outlay to watch a team devoid of passion and commitment :( :evil:

Eboue-Why?

Post by Eboue-Why? »

mikeyb772001 wrote:
Eboue-Why? wrote:

cheers for that mate, i agree! I can only normaly get red ticket games and if i am lucky enough to get a big game that alone costs roughly £70 so a few of them and im half way there anyway.
Its a great atmosphere down there and atleast i wont get told off for swearing and standing up haha! Its row 20 so that should be good!
To be honest its just the trouble i know it will cause with the mrs. I know she will moan when we get invited to her family bbq's or if she wants a day trip to ikea , which i do really love...
One other thing Mikey. As we discussed last week when this came up, you could also do what I just did and take out a Tesco credit card 0% for 12 months so you can spread the cost out over the year. No catches, took 5 mins to apply and be accepted.

Oh and if your Mrs does moan, just do what I did with mine recently and take up her the Arse. Then she'll understand why it was worth it (buying the season ticket I mean)

marcengels

Post by marcengels »

Eboue-Why? wrote:One other thing Mikey. As we discussed last week when this came up, you could also do what I just did and take out a Tesco credit card 0% for 12 months so you can spread the cost out over the year. No catches, took 5 mins to apply and be accepted.

Oh and if your Mrs does moan, just do what I did with mine recently and take up her the Arse. Then she'll understand why it was worth it (buying the season ticket I mean)
Yep, I did the same thing EW - I think it was kingjason wh put the info here. Means you can spread the cost a bit, without interest. Unlike the tight gits with the Arsenal credit card - I mean, if that's one thing they could do but no. :evil:

digger

Post by digger »

How do they know blocks 5 and 6 are available if St renewals haven't completed yet??

block6gooner.com

Post by block6gooner.com »

digger wrote:How do they know blocks 5 and 6 are available if St renewals haven't completed yet??
I wondered that as well. Touts perhaps have had their memberships removed?

brazilianGOONER

Post by brazilianGOONER »

marcengels wrote:
brazilianGOONER wrote:i'm gonna spend 4 months of my wages (yeah, i'm saving for quite a long time now) next september to go to the grove and watch us a few times during the month.

and there you are, complaining about paying 900 bucks for a ST.

shame on you :lol: :wink: :wink:

edit: BTW, what does a ST look like? is it a card, or you simply pass your membership card and it lets you in?

i ask because there are no STs in brazil (not even all-seater-stadiums, to be fair, and in some stadiums there are no numbered seats at all) :? :(
It's a card, credit card sized, with your name, block, row and seat. It is in an attractive :D red cardholder. You put this through the electronic turnstile and if it determines you are ok (it checks your attitudes, thoughts and level of drunkeness), a green light comes on and you can enter the place where the magic happens.

You needn't worry mate - the turnstile doesn't have any gender issues, and there are no price differentials for describing yourself as a "Mr" or "Miss", so it doesn't really matter.

:lol: :lol: :wink:
nice mate! it must be bloody awesome...

oh, and don't worry, i look like a miss, they'll only realise i'm not with careful checking!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:

brazilianGOONER

Post by brazilianGOONER »

mikeyb772001 wrote:hope you manage to get to some good games though, if you wana join me in block 6 let me know and you can stand with us there.
:cheers:

mikeyb772001
Location: Block 6! Drunk and standing next to a mad man with no clothes on!

Post by mikeyb772001 »

Eboue-Why? wrote:
mikeyb772001 wrote:
Eboue-Why? wrote:

One other thing Mikey. As we discussed last week when this came up, you could also do what I just did and take out a Tesco credit card 0% for 12 months so you can spread the cost out over the year. No catches, took 5 mins to apply and be accepted.

cheers for the info bud! Would of been great , though my credit is crap so no chance! hard saving for this im afraid haha - best of to pay up front so i can start saving for the season after !

marcengels

Post by marcengels »

block6gooner.com wrote:
digger wrote:How do they know blocks 5 and 6 are available if St renewals haven't completed yet??
I wondered that as well. Touts perhaps have had their memberships removed?
So that's why sami needed Ivan's email address. :shock: :lol: