Season Tickets for 2010/11

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
mikeyb772001
Location: Block 6! Drunk and standing next to a mad man with no clothes on!

Season Tickets for 2010/11

Post by mikeyb772001 »

Just got my phone call from Arsenal offering me Season tickets at long last. First time in ages when they actualy had block 5 and 6 available.
I have been told so many times in the past ,that no one lets there season tickets go in this area??? I near enough had my pick of the 2 blocks from row 1 upwards.
still in 2 minds, please wenger and the board! make the choice easy for me.
Really hope getting in major debt doesnt end up being a bad choice!

Jumpers For Goalposts

Post by Jumpers For Goalposts »

This says it all. You couldn't get a season ticket for all the tea in China a few years back.

People just aren't prepared to shell out £1,000 - £2,000 a season to watch a bunch of pampered, overpaid, half-arsed millionaires strolling around as if they haven't got a care in the world. I'm on the waiting list and if they call me I'll politely say "no thank you - silver is fine for me".

I don't fancy paying for the left front wheel of Bendtner's latest Aston Martin or Theo's latest gift of a Ferrari for his WAG.

Wake up Arsene, people don't really like what our Club is turning into.

Rob

Post by Rob »

Sign of the times. Lots of people are not renewing for next year. I may well be one of them !

Charlie! Charlie!

Re: Season Tickets for 2010/11

Post by Charlie! Charlie! »

mikeyb772001 wrote:Just got my phone call from Arsenal offering me Season tickets at long last. First time in ages when they actualy had block 5 and 6 available.
I have been told so many times in the past ,that no one lets there season tickets go in this area??? I near enough had my pick of the 2 blocks from row 1 upwards.
still in 2 minds, please wenger and the board! make the choice easy for me.
Really hope getting in major debt doesnt end up being a bad choice!
what number were/are you on the waiting list mate?

mikeyb772001

Post by mikeyb772001 »

100% right! Though season ticket in block 6 is now £910 last season it was £890
I really dont know what to do to be honest, ive only got red member and they told me i couldnt have silver instead!

I wont be happy if no changes are made!

mikeyb772001

Post by mikeyb772001 »

I was round about the 13000 mark in 2006 season . They rang me last season and said i could wait a year as no spaces in block 5 or 6

Connolly55

Post by Connolly55 »

These prices are getting crazy. How can you justify £1300 for a season ticket?

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

It's been that for years depending on where you sit! I used to be North Bank upper at Highbury and it wasn't far off that then! I actually asked to be moved when going to the Emirates to try to reduce costs a bit so settled on lower west.

Glitch33

Post by Glitch33 »

They should offer the new seats to those that want to move from their current seats first.

After all we have parted with several grand and had to watch every home game!

Gooner Whitey

Post by Gooner Whitey »

Im a student and last year had to stump up 1200 for an ST, now for a student living away from home in London its pretty expensive...ive requested a change to lower tier so its more affordable and if they don't allow this i will be pretty pissed off seeing as people are being offered them as new season ticket in lower tier.....no offence to you though mate!

God knows why we break the bank for those namby pambys......still apparently we are ungrateful fans...to fucking right, dont charge us top dollar and we won't be so 'ungrateful'

brazilianGOONER

Post by brazilianGOONER »

i'm gonna spend 4 months of my wages (yeah, i'm saving for quite a long time now) next september to go to the grove and watch us a few times during the month.

and there you are, complaining about paying 900 bucks for a ST.

shame on you :lol: :wink: :wink:

edit: BTW, what does a ST look like? is it a card, or you simply pass your membership card and it lets you in?

i ask because there are no STs in brazil (not even all-seater-stadiums, to be fair, and in some stadiums there are no numbered seats at all) :? :(

marcengels

Post by marcengels »

brazilianGOONER wrote:i'm gonna spend 4 months of my wages (yeah, i'm saving for quite a long time now) next september to go to the grove and watch us a few times during the month.

edit: BTW, what does a ST look like? is it a card, or you simply pass your membership card and it lets you in?

i ask because there are no STs in brazil (not even all-seater-stadiums, to be fair, and in some stadiums there are no numbered seats at all) :? :(
It's a card, credit card sized, with your name, block, row and seat. It is in an attractive :D red cardholder. You put this through the electronic turnstile and if it determines you are ok (it checks your attitudes, thoughts and level of drunkeness), a green light comes on and you can enter the place where the magic happens.

You needn't worry mate - the turnstile doesn't have any gender issues, and there are no price differentials for describing yourself as a "Mr" or "Miss", so it doesn't really matter.

:lol: :lol: :wink:

mikeyb772001

Post by mikeyb772001 »

brazilianGOONER wrote:i'm gonna spend 4 months of my wages (yeah, i'm saving for quite a long time now) next september to go to the grove and watch us a few times during the month.

Well right now 900 bucks is alot for me rent alone costs more than that matey! I dont really feel sorry for you living in Brazil you could live in this over populated cold, expensive dirty place we call England! wink wink lol
hope you manage to get to some good games though, if you wana join me in block 6 let me know and you can stand with us there.

worthing gooner

Post by worthing gooner »

Has anyone renewed yet? We have an unused credit from this season and with prices being frozen how can the ticket be more expensive??

mikeyb772001

Post by mikeyb772001 »

Dunno mate, all i know is last year when they called me the season ticket was £890 plus the deduction of the £15 waiting list so £875

this year its £910