I am happy with our start so far!

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
All_Arsenal_1886

I am happy with our start so far!

Post by All_Arsenal_1886 »

So 45 days of our season have past in which we have played 9 games, 6 in the Premier League and 3 in the Champions League, winning 8, drawing the just the 1 game and losing 0.

I have looked at the statistics and in 9 games Arsenal have scored 23 goals and conceding just 4 (2 of them thanks to Jens 'beware of the keeper' Lehmann).
This time last year our first 9 games were 5 Premier League games of which we won 2, drew 2 lost 1, in the Champions League we won all 4 games. The total goals scored was 15 and we conceded 5.
Looking at that alone shows we have improved, i know some people say but we haven't come up against any big clubs yet but Man City are 3rd in the League, Blackburn also took points of Chelsea, Portsmouth managed a draw last season at the Emirates last season and have taken points of Liverpool and Man Utd already also they was unlucky not to get a result out of the Chelsea game and finally T*****ham regardless of them having a poor start they will always give us a challenge during a game.
Oh and i forgot Sevilla in the Champions League many managers are tipping them to be the dark horses of this seasons Champions League and rightly so after winning the Uefa Cup 2 years running and beating a Barcelona side in the European Super Cup, the same Barcelona who sadly beat us in the champions league a few months previous.

So if there is anyone saying Arsenal have had an easy start to the season i would disagree, yes we haven't had one of the top 4 sides yet but we are playing great football and just making it look easy.

Arsenal droped points against Blackburn (A).
Liverpool droped points against Chelsea (H), Portsmouth (A), Birmingham (H).
Man Utd droped points against Reading (H), Portsmouth (A), Man City (A).
Chelsea droped points against Liverpool (A), Aston Villa (A), Blackburn (H) and Man Utd (A).

So it looks like our rivals have droped point where they shouldn't and we haven't that's why we are top, not because we have had an easier start than the others.

Here is a list of players stats i have put together showing our best pro formers;

Arsenal; Played 9, Won 8, Drawn 1, Lost 0, Goals Scored 23, Goals Conceded 4.

The Goal Keepers
Lehmann; Played 3, Clean Sheets 1.
Almunia; Played 6, Clean Sheets 4.
Fabianski; Played 0.

The Strikers
Adebayor; Played 5+1, Goals Scored 6.
v. Persie; Played 8, Goals Scored 3.
Eduardo; Played 3+3, Goals Scored 2.
Bendtner; Played +2, Goals Scored 0.

The Attacking Midfielders
Rosicky; Played 6+1, Goals Scored 2.
Hleb; Played 7, Goals Scored 2.
Walcott; Played 3+1, Goals Scored 0.

The Midfielders
Fabregas; Played 8+1, Goals Scored 7.
Diaby; Played 3+2, Goals Scored 1.
Flamini; Played 8, Goals Scored 0.
Gilberto; Played 4, Goals Scored 0.
Denilson; Played +6, Goals Scored 0.
Song; Played +5, Goals Scored 0.
Diarra; Played, +2, Goals Scored 0.

The Defenders
Toure; Played 9. Clean Sheets 5.
Clichy; Played 9. Clean Sheets 5.
Sagna; Played 7. Clean Sheets 4.
Senderos; Played 4+1. Clean Sheets 3.
Gallas; Played 3. Clean Sheets 1.
Eboue; Played 2. Clean Sheets 1.
Hoyte; Played 1. Clean Sheets 0.
Traore; Played 0.

Sorry i went on abit just trying to get my point across because i'm fed up with hearing we had it easy and yet to be tested etc etc.

I say bring on Utd, Chelsea and Liverpool because last year we had by our standards a poor season but finnished top of the head-2-head league between us 4 :lol: 8)