The Black Scarf Mmovement - Where has our Arsenal gone

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
augie

Post by augie »

I have to say that I find this whole argument that we couldnt have remained a top side if we had of stayed at highbury absolutely laughable. For starters it is highly highly debatable that we can be classed as a top side anymore given the speed at which we are losing our top players and inability to replace them :( I would think our record in both the league and the champs lge was far more impressive in the seasons before we left than the 4 seasons since we left.

Moving the the grove has opened up channels for fans like me to obtain tickets that had previously been unavailable to me but club comes before individual imo and I would rather see a strong team and squad than 20k extra fans attending matches. Like it or not we the fans were sold a vision that was absolute bullshit and what really pisses me off is that the board are still spouting the same bullshit like they have lived up to their promise to the fans when they told us that moving homes was a good thing. Do they really think that we are that stupid or do they even give a shit that we know they are lying through their teeth ?

As I have said on numerous occasions I want an Arsenal Supporters Group that really represents the feelings of fans that are well and truely pissed off at where we as a club are going. I dont want any of this softly softly "we want a working relationship with the board" bullshit cos that is getting us precisely nowhere and it is about time we the fans send a message that we are no longer going to tolerated their bullshit. At the very least it will put the spotlight on the workings of the club and the people running it and that can only be a good thing as far as I am concerned

MK Gould

Post by MK Gould »

Agree completely with the views on the site and really related to the bloke who, like me, went to his first game in 1975 with (silk) scarf on wrist and (high lace) doc martens on feet!

One "error" though:

"We moved stadium and since then the team has been on a downhill path. Punching above our weight to reach the 2006 Champions League final was all we have to show for moving ground".

We reached the CL Final in our last season at Highbury so even that cannot be seen as an achievement resulting from the move.... since arriving at the Grove we've got to an FAC semi final and I think that's about as close as we've got to success!

tel

Post by tel »

I also related to the website and the points raised in it. I've signed up for updates but I won't buy the scarf as I think it's a bit Newton Heath to be honest. I'd also like to know more about their overall objectives but overall it's a good starting point.

marcengels

Post by marcengels »

tel wrote:I also related to the website and the points raised in it. I've signed up for updates but I won't buy the scarf as I think it's a bit Newton Heath to be honest. I'd also like to know more about their overall objectives but overall it's a good starting point.
Agreed tel, would like to know more.

Jak_TedDrakeLoveChild

Post by Jak_TedDrakeLoveChild »

I don't get what is with this "get the message to the board" bit though.
If they wanted a fans opinion they use this thing called the internet. A web site like this is not out of reach of any of the board members, would it not be naive to think they NEVER read anything like this.

It's like some players dont pay any attention to articles about themselves, but I bet a lot do. And surely clubs do to. And I guess when they want actual input they go to REDaction. Are REDaction not popular with most in here??

I Hate Hleb

Post by I Hate Hleb »

:coffeespit: :coffeespit: :coffeespit: :coffeespit:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Jak they are reffered to as redNOaction i think :?

Seriously though i always thought redAction got a hard time in here as i thought they are an organisation to improve atmosphere within the stadium etc...... but then when Wenger flirted with Real Madrid a couple of seasons ago suddenly they turned into a different organisation and seemed to be the clubs mouthpiece with banners like "Real fans have Real patience" and i heart AW t shirts basically calling every fan who questions Wenger not a real fan!!. They lost any respect from me and as far as im concerned :awnker:

Its Up 4 Grabs Now

Post by Its Up 4 Grabs Now »

marcengels wrote:
tel wrote:I also related to the website and the points raised in it. I've signed up for updates but I won't buy the scarf as I think it's a bit Newton Heath to be honest. I'd also like to know more about their overall objectives but overall it's a good starting point.
Agreed tel, would like to know more.
Make that 3. More than happy to get behind any attempt to make the club aware of how we feel, but imo for any movement like this to have a chance of working it’ll have to have clearly defined ultimate objectives & at the moment it still feels a little bit vague. Probably only cos it’s still early days, but as I say the less distinct the group is about what they/we want & are attempting to achieve the more likely it is the club will feel they can fob it off.

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

Bring Back Pires wrote:
From an outsider's perspective, it may be best if all of these action groups teamed up for one common goal. The club probably has enough on its plate with the aforementioned groups, so convincing them to listen to yet another one may prove challenging.
Good point.

If all the supporters groups teamed up it would add weight to the argument.

AISA
AST
RedAction
Black Scarfers

I have to differ from Augie, because I believe that going through established working relationships is how things get done, not by a new group suddenly knocking on the board room door.
Unless 20,000 fans stop buying tickets, the board do not have to listen to the fans.

P.S. I also agree with the comments made on the Black Scarf website about Stewards. I find the older ones are decent and are actually fans and take things calmly, but some of the younger are on a power trip and do not even seem to be Arsenal fans.

Almunia is a clown

Post by Almunia is a clown »

QuartzGooner wrote:
Bring Back Pires wrote:

AISA
AST
RedAction
Black Scarfers
Why would they when they seem to represent many spectrums of the clubs supporters, some sections of the various factions would appear to have very little in common.

Not to mention some supposedly inflential supporters would like others not to attend games anymore because they don't like the way they support the team or or despise those who have a traditional viewpoint on being a fan.

BSM are better off keeping a distance between themselves & the club as some of the other groups seem to be almost pawns from my experience!!! :shock:

northbankbren

Post by northbankbren »

£10 for a scarf :coffeespit:

pixie

Post by pixie »

northbankbren wrote:£10 for a scarf :coffeespit:
:roll:
http://onlinestore.arsenal.com/invt/se0167r&bklist=

northbankbren

Post by northbankbren »

pixie wrote:
northbankbren wrote:£10 for a scarf :coffeespit:
:roll:
http://onlinestore.arsenal.com/invt/se0167r&bklist=
Thats a nike scarf hence the price....overpriced.

These guys setting up a wesite for the sake of the club and then a £10 for a scarf.....they'll be on dragons den next week :lol:....i want a black pencil case for my nephew :lol:

MEDINABOY

Post by MEDINABOY »

good luck with the site mate ive signed up and ive got to say that im a terrible retro supporter.for me the club as i knew and adored changed for ever on the 2nd of may 92 .me and many other ageing, gaining weight ,charlie george loving supporters worshiped at the feet of wrighty and his golden boot and then fell in to the abyiss .in tears we sat there in silent rememberance ,realising that the day had finally come when our own tiny piece of the club and family of supporters was to be removed for ever.some will say im exagerating and to sentimental but it was how i felt and my tie and feelings for the club changed and diluted along with the dog ends ,plastic cups, daltons bags ,dust and tears on my beloved north bank that day

USMartin

Post by USMartin »

QuartzGooner wrote:
Bring Back Pires wrote:
From an outsider's perspective, it may be best if all of these action groups teamed up for one common goal. The club probably has enough on its plate with the aforementioned groups, so convincing them to listen to yet another one may prove challenging.
Good point.

AISA
AST
RedAction
Black Scarfers

I have to differ from Augie, because I believe that going through established working relationships is how things get done, not by a new group suddenly knocking on the board room door.
Unless 20,000 fans stop buying tickets, the board do not have to listen to the fans.

P.S. I also agree with the comments made on the Black Scarf website about Stewards. I find the older ones are decent and are actually fans and take things calmly, but some of the younger are on a power trip and do not even seem to be Arsenal fans.
If the Board doesn't have to listen to the fans why do they have to listen to the groups? Are they actually listening to the groups on anything other than Arsenalisation at this point?