Arsenal with Henry in the team

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
highburyJD

Post by highburyJD »

I do
I'm the only gooner here
all the rest of M15 are egg chasers and manure fans

liam bradys left foot

Post by liam bradys left foot »

aahh but im true mi5 i keep my team coverd by my heckler & kosch and my kevlar vest !!

northerngooner

Arseanl with Henry in the team

Post by northerngooner »

To be honest i still dont think TH is fully fit still, he looked like he was still carrying the injury. Maybe it was a gamble that has worked so far by AW but i would rather he be a little more sparing with him for the next few weeks, i think he will start him on the bench against United on 21st Jan providing Adebayor comes through the Blackburn game.

Its weird but we seem to play better against United without TH, dont know what you guys think about that?

highburyJD

Post by highburyJD »

historically better @prawnville without henry
but at home we def want him

proudtosaythatname

Arsenal with Henry in the team

Post by proudtosaythatname »

I don't see many red faces among the Henry critics following his wonder goals at Anfield (which destroyed Liverpool confidence and set the scene for the 6-3) and Blackburn after which both Sky and MOTD (yes, that prat Lineker too) were talikng goal of the season - from Blackburn free kick to Blackburn net in under 20 secs via some of the slickest moving you'll ever see. And as for the finish...Arsenal without Henry - you're 'avin a larf! :D

goonermc

Re: Arseanl with Henry in the team

Post by goonermc »

northerngooner wrote:To be honest i still dont think TH is fully fit still, he looked like he was still carrying the injury. Maybe it was a gamble that has worked so far by AW but i would rather he be a little more sparing with him for the next few weeks, i think he will start him on the bench against United on 21st Jan providing Adebayor comes through the Blackburn game.

Its weird but we seem to play better against United without TH, dont know what you guys think about that?
Yeah mate, we would have done much better against united without Thierry!!!!! 2-1 to THE Arsenal 2-1...........Thinking about it lads, i'm going to get a petition going. GET THIERRY HENRY OUT OF ARSENAL because all this bloke does is score!! Nothing else, disgusting eh!!!!!!

northerngooner

Post by northerngooner »

GOONERMC steady on mate, I totally agree that we need to keep Henry but the point made was that it looks like he is still carrying the injury. Up to the goal he really did look a little out of sorts and Vidic and Ferdinand although i hate to say it had TH in their pockets.

I dont mind him playing poorly as long as he keeps this scoring run up. Just remember no player has a divine right to be in the side even Thierry and Adebayor and Van Persie have proved that they can do a job as well while he was out.

I just hope he really has got over the injury I just fear he may get played too much too soon.

worthing gooner

Post by worthing gooner »

I do think that tel looked out of sorts but for me thats down to two reasons.

1 He is coming back from his sabatical of a rest/ injury courtesy of Arsene.

2 At one down we seemed to lose a little composure and kept banging long balls to him, that the forgetful one and Vidic dealt with all day.

As soon as we got the ball out wide at pace, different game.
Hindsight is the perfect science but we got there. Enjoy it.
Double, double double......

AFC
C'mon

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

worthing, I totally agree mate.

TH's a bit rusty, his first touch let him down several times and i think thats what led to his frustration/petulance/displeasure or whatever. he was great running with the ball and he worked hard but he just seemed not to be in sync a bit. had he of been we would have run out easy winners as he did have a couple of half chances that at his best he would have buried. as it was it seems fate he buried the moaners with a header.

TH will get better over the next couple of weeks, but due to his displays of frustration i am still not sure he should be captain. :?

I noticed the lack of composure too, which i reckon was just the nippers at the backs confidence taking a knock. but we did pull out of it thanks largely to Cesc always taking control, passing the ball around and calming things down and Hleb held the ball pretty well too but we missed Gilberto a bit.

the defence can only get better, and that was a MASSIVE result for them. to stay unbeaten at Arsenal and win five on the trot has to give them unbelievable belief and if we win the next two or three league games we may even finish second which is what we deserve i reckon.