Blackpool

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
crocit

Blackpool

Post by crocit »

whos been there before, so im told, shithole, but a great night out lol! well ive booked a hotel on the seafront, near the pleasure beach, and in the south, so wheres the best bars? :lol:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

I went on a stag do a few years ago and it was a really good couple of nights out. There are bars everywhere and most of them are good so have a good one mate

OnlyGotOneSong

Post by OnlyGotOneSong »

Everythings boarded up and its a general shit hole. Don't know how they can get away with calling it the "Pleasure Beach", when nothing works and the staff are sub-human scum. Might have just been a bad experience but it still hurts! :oops:

crocit

Post by crocit »

OnlyGotOneSong wrote:Everythings boarded up and its a general shit hole. Don't know how they can get away with calling it the "Pleasure Beach", when nothing works and the staff are sub-human scum. Might have just been a bad experience but it still hurts! :oops:
ohno i better cancel asap! :lol: and Flash"y u say bars everywhere! that'l do me!

Boomer

Re: Blackpool

Post by Boomer »

crocit wrote:whos been there before, so im told, shithole, but a great night out lol! well ive booked a hotel on the seafront, near the pleasure beach, and in the south, so wheres the best bars? :lol:
Try canal st up the road!

:wink:

Jumpers For Goalposts

Post by Jumpers For Goalposts »

I worked up there for months in the 90s - brilliant fun but don't go with high expectations. Think of it as a down-market version of Margate!!

Fill your boots with this link to 106 hotels in Blackpool.

http://www.yell.com/map/borough+of+blac ... eed=489855

Try to get a B&B or hotel between Blackpool North / Blackpool South stations as this will put you near the ground (just up from South station) and all the banging clubs.

Only One Tony Adams

Post by Only One Tony Adams »

Jumpers For Goalposts wrote:I worked up there for months in the 90s - brilliant fun but don't go with high expectations. Think of it as a down-market version of Margate!!
Fill your boots with this link to 106 hotels in Blackpool.

http://www.yell.com/map/borough+of+blac ... eed=489855

Try to get a B&B or hotel between Blackpool North / Blackpool South stations as this will put you near the ground (just up from South station) and all the banging clubs.

................ :shock: :shock: :shock: Is that possible???

HashKads

Post by HashKads »

I went there last August and it was a complete dump. Probably worse than Shite Hart Lane :shock:

stefanek

Post by stefanek »

Filthy place and quite a bit rundown but you will have a cracking time - Should see plenty of cornbeef legs as they like their short skirts up there.....lol

I Hate Hleb

Post by I Hate Hleb »

OnlyGotOneSong wrote:Everythings boarded up and its a general shit hole. Don't know how they can get away with calling it the "Pleasure Beach", when nothing works and the staff are sub-human scum. Might have just been a bad experience but it still hurts! :oops:
I fear you may have misunderstood the words 'Pleasure Beach'!!! :shock: :oops: :oops: :oops: :wink: :lol: :lol: :wink:

Basil is a Gooner

Post by Basil is a Gooner »

I Hate Hleb wrote:
I fear you may have misunderstood the words 'Pleasure Beach'!!! :shock: :oops: :oops: :oops: :wink: :lol: :lol: :wink:
Maybe he said "Which way for pleasure, bitch?", which is probably why it still hurts! :shock:

OnlyGotOneSong

Post by OnlyGotOneSong »

Basil is a Gooner wrote:
I Hate Hleb wrote:
Maybe he said "Which way for pleasure, bitch?", which is probably why it still hurts! :shock:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

SammyDroppedHisShorts
Location: In front of the best fans on earth. The Arse and all.

Post by SammyDroppedHisShorts »

bring a ball crocit...need a kick about

Connolly55

Post by Connolly55 »

Ive been twice, i actually quite like it there.

crocit

Post by crocit »

SammyDroppedHisShorts wrote:bring a ball crocit...need a kick about
im up for a weekend! booked hotel for 2 nights £35! and a kick about on the beach? depends on the weather lool! will be about the clubs and bars! with the other gooners!