New look to main site

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
SPUDMASHER

New look to main site

Post by SPUDMASHER »

I just wanted to say that I think it looks really good. Nice fresh appearance that is very pleasing to the eye.

Well done Rob!

Juan

Post by Juan »

Yes, looks terrific!

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Looks good alright. I liked the old look too and I usually don't do change very well ( :wink: ) but the new look is excellent. Good work. 8)

REB

Post by REB »

i never go there ,always come straight to the forum, id better have a look :wink:

just had a peep and indeed looks nice, very modern 8)

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

REBEL GOONER wrote:just had a peep and indeed looks nice, very modern 8)
I daren't look. :? :roll:

I don't like modern :( I like dark, dingy pubs with sticky floors - these wine bars with their light, airy rooms, cream coloured chairs, mirrors to make them appear spacious and stylish decor can go fuck themselves! :evil: if it ain't broke, don't fix it!

EDIT: Hmm... I like it. Very modern 8) Well played, Rob! :barscarf:

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

modern! I don't want a new design ! It'll be souless and have a shit atmosphere :evil: :x

nice work rob, maybe some arsenalisation is in order :wink: :banghead: :oops:

cusamano

Post by cusamano »

that´s a nice, better look.
good work :barscarf:

Boomer

Post by Boomer »

REBEL GOONER wrote:i never go there ,always come straight to the forum, id better have a look :wink:

Same!
I didn't realise there was another part of the site. Next you'll be telling me there's a monthly fanzine! :roll:

:wink:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

g88ner wrote:

I don't like modern :( I like dark, dingy pubs with sticky floors - these wine bars with their light, airy rooms, cream coloured chairs, mirrors to make them appear spacious and stylish decor can go fuck themselves! :evil: if it ain't broke, don't fix it!

We have similar tastes in pubs! But without the sticky floors! :barscarf:

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
g88ner wrote:

I like wood! - if at least a hectare of virgin rainforest hasn't been felled to kit out the pub, then I ain't interested.

Clutter and photo's on the walls are good, too - none of this minimalistic bollocks!

Basically, I like Irish bars :oops: - and in Peru the other week, I visited the world's highest irish bar, in Cusco. A pint of Guinness, a steak sandwich and watched Arsenal bang 6 past Braga - awesome way to acclimatise to altitude, that was! 8)

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

g88ner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
g88ner wrote:

I like wood! - if at least a hectare of virgin rainforest hasn't been felled to kit out the pub, then I ain't interested.

Clutter and photo's on the walls are good, too - none of this minimalistic bollocks!

Basically, I like Irish bars :oops: - and in Peru the other week, I visited the world's highest irish bar, in Cusco. A pint of Guinness, a steak sandwich and watched Arsenal bang 6 past Braga - awesome way to acclimatise to altitude, that was! 8)
8)

Once we differentiate between Irish bars and the Engerlish version of an Oirish bar!! Two VERY diferent things! :wink:

Basil is a Gooner

Post by Basil is a Gooner »

Boomer wrote:
REBEL GOONER wrote:i never go there ,always come straight to the forum, id better have a look :wink:

Same!
I didn't realise there was another part of the site. Next you'll be telling me there's a monthly fanzine! :roll:

:wink:
Next you'll be telling us you buy the monthly fanzine! :shock: :wink:

Well played Mike, Kev and Rob. :barscarf:

Rob Admin
Site Admin

Post by Rob Admin »

Thanks for the feedback guys. It has been an on going project that was first aired about 12 months ago. With the help of Mike and Kev pushing it in the correct direction we have a design that makes better use of the page width with a modernised look. The increased use of red I think makes it more 'Arsenal' than the previous design.

Any issues or problems you spor please let me know, I won't mention the few that I am aware of that will be fixed soon.

There are some features to be added, such as user comments for each article and a search facility.

Watch this space.

Rob.

U.F.G Anfield '89

Post by U.F.G Anfield '89 »

liking the new look, it's certainly come a long way since this http://web.archive.org/web/200103311437 ... ooner.com/

Kiki

Post by Kiki »

Its cool now do something with this forum as well.