Board have new lock down deal

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Chippy

Board have new lock down deal

Post by Chippy »

Just seen on the club website that the board have a new lock down deal.
http://www.arsenal.com/article.asp?this ... +agreement

I know that there has been a lot of deabte on other threads about all of this but it looks like good news to me! :) :?:

Galasso

Post by Galasso »

If it provides stability for AW to get on with the job without talk of a takeover in the background, then good news.

augie

Post by augie »

I see quotes today from phw saying that he could see wenger taking over from him as chairman in the future while admitting that he hasnt actually talked to arsene about it. Didnt Dein get hammered by all and sundry here recently for trying to associate himself to wenger in this kind of way ? Anyway given the "qualities" of the current incumbent in the chair it would appear that arsene has way too much intelligence for that job :wink:

Galasso

Post by Galasso »

augie wrote:I see quotes today from phw saying that he could see wenger taking over from him as chairman in the future while admitting that he hasnt actually talked to arsene about it. Didnt Dein get hammered by all and sundry here recently for trying to associate himself to wenger in this kind of way ? Anyway given the "qualities" of the current incumbent in the chair it would appear that arsene has way too much intelligence for that job :wink:
PHW: Kroneke, Usmanov - We don't want their sort here! Where's my Asian maid for my afternoon foot rub

KE: What about Arsene Wenger as Chairman?

PHW: Sounds like an atrociously foreign sounding person? Did he go to Eton?

KE: No, Peter, he went to High school in France - He's French

PHW: French? A commoner? We don't want his sort here either.

KE: Peter - He's our Manager.

PHW: Ohhh, that chap. Fine man, good worker. French you say? Well I never.

REB

Post by REB »

WE WILL ONLY SELL TOPERMITTED PERSONS

MIGHT KEEP USMANOV AWAY ,, MIGHT NOT,, IF HE WANTS THE SHARES THEN HE CAN STILL PICK UP ENOUGH :roll:
IF THE BOARD WERE SO WILLING TO KEEP HIM AWAY THEN WHY DIDNT THEY BUY UP SOME SHARES BEFORE HE DID,, THEY ARE NOT STUPID PEOPLE :roll:
MY OWN OPINON FOR WHATS ITS WORTH IS THAT HE IS AN INVESTOR AND WILL DRIVE UP THE SHARE PRICE BEFORE SELLING ON FOR A PROFIT,,
DOESNT MENTION SILENT STAN IN THIS LOCKDOWN :?
SO WHATS HIS PLAN THEN :?:
THIS BOARD DONT FILL ME WITH ANY LONG TERM HOPE AND I STILL BELIEVE THEY DONT GIVE A SHIT ABOUT THE FANS AND ARE ONLY TALKING NOW TO AISA ETC BECAUSE ITS A CHARM CAMPAIGN TO KEEP THEM SWEET AND ON BOARD :x

Dicko

Post by Dicko »

Rebel it does not include Stan because the board can't speak for him as they are making this decision as the company's directors.

This is certainly good news.

Wayno

Post by Wayno »

I have to say that I read it as a positive piece of news. I am not particularly pro the current board but at least they are not looking to take money out of the club through the payment of dividends. As the well known saying goes "Better the Devil you know". 8)

augie

Post by augie »

Why didnt the current board purchase the available shares themselves ? Cos this aint no long term gig for them anymore. Correct me if I'm wrong but the last board member to actually dip into his own pocket to buy shares was fizsman and that was many many years ago now while the rest appear to be there as a family right(inheritance). People keep talking about the board taking no dividends but is it unreasonable to expect them to invest some of their own money once in a while (like the moores family did at scouseland or jack walker at blackburn etc) ?

I cannot get away from the fact of this judging a suitable buyer is a load of shit. Like the rest of you I do not want usmanov in charge but who has the moral rights and integrety to set the suitable standards ? I mean as it stands the support on this forum is divided as to the suitability of the current board. Sounds like more upper class bullshit to me :roll:

All_Arsenal_1886

Post by All_Arsenal_1886 »

It all sounds like good news to me :D

Magic Hat

Post by Magic Hat »

I'm pretty sure the lockdown prevents them from buying shares, may be wrong though

What is wrong with the board trying to asess who might be right for the club augie?

Belfast Boy

Post by Belfast Boy »

augie wrote:Why didnt the current board purchase the available shares themselves ?
Well I s'pose it wouldn't have been a problem..................... if you had a spare 50 mil on the hip :roll:
augie wrote: Cos this aint no long term gig for them anymore
If this is the case can you explain the second lockdown deal :?
augie wrote: People keep talking about the board taking no dividends but is it unreasonable to expect them to invest some of their own money once in a while

AHAHAHAHAHA :lol:
augie wrote: like the moores family did at scouseland or jack walker at blackburn etc

Yes JW did invest a sizeable chunk of his personal fortune to put his boyhood team back on the map because it was something he wanted to do before he died in 2000, but the family have been trying recently to sell up cos it's losing in excess of 5M a year :shock:
augie wrote: I cannot get away from the fact of this judging a suitable buyer is a load of shit
You'll have to explain that as well, or provide proof to the contrary, please don't say you are suggesting that the current board have ulterior motives other than tryin to find the club a "good home" :(
augie wrote: Sounds like more upper class bullshit to me :roll:
Well you oughta know :oops:

T.S

Post by T.S »

I want to see the board members literally locked down for the entire term of this 'agreement'. That'd make me feel a whole lot better about all of this.

Galasso

Post by Galasso »

Someone on the radio news said that this was a lock-in agreement.

Now that's the kind of deal I like the sound of :!: 8)

tomkingsbury

Post by tomkingsbury »

personally it sounds like positive news and certainly means we can relax for in regards to the short term future ownership of the club. It's good to see the board back up their claims of not wanting to sell and not needing to by reaching this agreement.

i dont know a great deal about what the board have done for the club but personally i think they have done a good job, and altho dein was the man tha t in recent decades drove us forward, the current board seem to be handling the situation very well and there seems to be a rather relaxed atmosphere around the club.

id prefer to see PHW and co in charge instead of usmanov (apparently he tried to buy liverpool and failed, and now claims to be an 'arsenal fan') and this type of news is somehting id have thought most people would be relieved to here.

Galasso

Post by Galasso »

tomkingsbury wrote: id prefer to see PHW and co in charge instead of usmanov (apparently he tried to buy liverpool and failed, and now claims to be an 'arsenal fan') and this type of news is somehting id have thought most people would be relieved to here.
I wouldn't be so sure - some people don't like usmanov OR the board, fair enough. But they must think there is some sort of reincarnation of Mother Teresa who wants to take over, will pump £500m into the club and want no say at all. And they will give a free blow-job away with every season ticket (age permitting)

I think at the moment it's a choice between 2 - and the current set-up is surely better for all concerned.

Finally, a thing to ponder. Arsene Wenger will be in his 60's when this contract expires and who knows what he will feel like then. He has said in various interviews of his interest in working in Africa or the US in football development. I think the longer we can keep things stable while AW is with us the better. We should enjoy what he is doing now because there will be plenty of time to look back when he finshes.