hi all jens or alauma in goal

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
michael jones

hi all jens or alauma in goal

Post by michael jones »

hello all
yust a quick question we have two great'sh goal keepers at arsenal
who will play in the next game alauma(spelt wrong)or jens
l would keep the one in now
l have herd from my brother who is ok
thanks cas

T.S

Post by T.S »

I love that if you whack "comedy goal keeper" in to a Google image search, the 4th image that comes up is Jens!

Seriously, the man is a fucking legend. I mean, how can we leave someone out who thinks this about himself?
Mental Jens wrote:The positive for me is I am an all-around talent. I have no weakness. This, in combination with experience and my understanding of the game, is my main advantage over young keepers.
I love that man...

Chippy

Post by Chippy »

My wife and son have made up a new chant for Jens, to the tune of H-A-P-P-Y

He's madder than a box of frogs
he's madder than a box of frogs
his name is jens
He's got no friends
He's madder than a box of frogs

Any more verses?

T.S

Post by T.S »

The "he's got no friends" line tickled me...

RocastleRock

Post by RocastleRock »

Get Jens back in goal... almunia is ok.. but just ok...

DB10GOONER

Re: hi all jens or alauma in goal

Post by DB10GOONER »

michael jones wrote:hello all
yust a quick question we have two great'sh goal keepers at arsenal
who will play in the next game alauma(spelt wrong)or jens
l would keep the one in now
l have herd from my brother who is ok
thanks cas
Hi again Cas. Great to hear Michael is ok. :)

I'm with you - keep Almunia in. Jens might be the better shot stopper (fractionally) but Jens is prone to what our American friends call "Bat shit Mad" syndrome... :wink:

Less silly comedy gold type mistakes with Almunia.

I've even nearly forgiven him for the 2nd CL goal in Paris, which should be put down as an OG! One of the camera angles I saw when I finally fell home from that trip showed that the dirty BarcaWhore's shot would have gone wide for a throw in on the far side if it hadn't taken a HUGE deflection off Almunia's leg... :roll: :oops: :? :shock: :( :cry:

dvbrisgooner1

Post by dvbrisgooner1 »

Lehmann is a World-class keeper. Almunia is a decent number 2. Over the course of a number of games Almunia is more likely to cock-up. I accept that Lehmann had an awful start to the season, and is completely mental, but Almunia is simply not capable of being first choice.

augie

Post by augie »

Mad Jens played very well against us Mighty Irish last week with 1 or 2 outstanding saves and I would reinstate him on the spot. I might feel slightly sorry for almunia as he aint fucked up yet but I have no doubt over a season Jens would win us more points and will be especially fired him after being dropped/rested for the last months. :wink:

Chippy

Post by Chippy »

AW said this morning he is sticking with Almunia because of stability. Jens can fight for his place. I wonder if he'll do it literally?

Arsene knows. Dear God I hope so.

gus ceasar is a legend

Post by gus ceasar is a legend »

I have said this before and will keep banging my drum about it!

Neither is god enough for the stature of Arsenal!

Jens was a fantastic keeper with the touch of nuttyness we loved and even Timmy Tourette's at Everton was jealous of!

Now however I really feel we are making the same mistake of keeping him one season too long as we did with Seaman! My other concern is that Jens doesn't fit in with the young spirited team ethos the rest of the squad have. As we have seen many times before Jens does like a sulk and to alienate himself and his despise for Almunia has been clear from the word go! Jens was a world class keeper but now..... FC Borussia Munchenblackforestgateau awaits!

Now for Basil Almunia who has reinvented himself as a Duran Duran fan from the 80's!

If we was completely honest, how many other Premiershop clubs would have Manuel as their No. 1? To be frank its few and far between hey! How close at present do you think Blondie is to the Spanish team? I will tell you how close.....Mustafa the Turkish kebab man is closer! A club of our stature needs a world class keeper and this has always been my one criticism of Le Boss and is backed up by Bob Wilson.....he knows fuck all about goalkeepers!

A keeper of Cech's standing is worth points every season! I know there are not a lot of Seaman's and Schmeichal's about these days but that's the kind of class we need to be developing! Almunia is never gonna be any better than.....decent! Second choice at a club such as Arsenal!

We have had a procession of young talented keepers leave Arsenal with huge natural talent......Manninger, Taylor and Stack! Does make you wonder why none of them ever made it despite god given skills? Ask Bob Wilson if you get the chance and he will tell you why!

augie

Post by augie »

Be careful Gus as it is not wise to criticise Wenger some say :roll:

gus ceasar is a legend

Post by gus ceasar is a legend »

Haha Augie!

As you I like to have my say and I do firmly believe that Arsene has dropped a few bollocks with keepers!

Whilst the other members of the "big 4" unearth young talent such as Cech, Reina and Foster (yes injured but otherwise I'm not convinced Van Der Sar would be a hppy man right now) we have an eccentric lunatic who has talent but on the decline at 37, Basil and Fabianski. Ok Fabianski is young but I am far from convinced that he will ever be world class! That is not slur on Fabianski's talent, more a lack of faith in Arsene Wenger's judgement with goalkeepers.

I nwould be morethen happy to see a rabbit of goalkeeping talent pulled from that hat of an age which fits in with the rest of the squad and its philosophy!

Scott Carson is my choice, perhaps even Richard Green but certainly someoen with natural talent who can become our No.1 for a decade!

8)

I Hate Hleb

Post by I Hate Hleb »

gus ceasar is a legend wrote:
Jens was a world class keeper but now..... FC Borussia Munchenblackforestgateau awaits!!...
:lol: :lol: :lol:
gus ceasar is a legend wrote:
Now for Basil Almunia who has reinvented himself as a Duran Duran fan from the 80's!

If we was completely honest, how many other Premiershop clubs would have Manuel as their No. 1? To be frank its few and far between hey! How close at present do you think Blondie is to the Spanish team? I will tell you how close.....Mustafa the Turkish kebab man is closer!...
:lol: :lol: :lol:
THAT ONE HAD ME PISSING MYSELF GUS - AND I'M A GROWN MAN!! :roll: :lol: :wink:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

I agree neither are really good enough, Gus.

But out of the two, Almunia is less likely to give the ball to a Chav in a CL quarter final 30 yards out from his goal line or get himself sent off in the CL final... :oops: (The red card was harsh in all honesty - but was anyone surprised at Jens getting sent off in our biggest game ever??)

As for Maninger, his confidence went and some players never get it back. I agree one of Wenger's biggest faults is his keeper selection. Along with his insistance on persisting with certain centre halves that are pure shite, long after the rest of the world and his cousin have realised same...

I love the man, but seriously... We need a keeper that is rated top two or three in the world.

Galasso

Post by Galasso »

augie wrote:Mad Jens played very well against us Mighty Irish last week with 1 or 2 outstanding saves and I would reinstate him on the spot. I might feel slightly sorry for almunia as he aint fucked up yet but I have no doubt over a season Jens would win us more points and will be especially fired him after being dropped/rested for the last months. :wink:
I would re-instate Jens. And Almunia fucked up for sunderland's equaliser - that was a mistake by him (If that had been robinson we'd never have heard the last of it) I think what you really mean is that he hasn't driectly cost us points yet, as per jens/blackburn