Jens- The End?

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
EdgeOfTown

Jens- The End?

Post by EdgeOfTown »

the boss on Lehmann:
“He can go on the bench,â€

All_Arsenal_1886

Post by All_Arsenal_1886 »

I bet a few toys will be thrown out the Germans pram today :lol: :lol:

REB

Post by REB »

he's gone in jan,, last season he had just made himself german num 1 so was still in his mind anyway the best in the world,, he's still a better all round keeper then almunia and i wish he was back in the team but only cos theres no alternative,,,
arsenal legend still :wink:

donaldo

Post by donaldo »

He will go january.He wants to be German number 1 and he needs first team football.The mistake v Blackburn was one mistake too far for Wenger.Jens got away with the one v Fulham because we won.Will he every play for us again?

REB

Post by REB »

the thing with jens is that the euro's next summer is his last games for germany ,,
so he will need to be num 1 at a club or he wont be picked by the national team,,
so either aw brings him back or he goes,,
im still of the opinion that neither lehmann or almunia are good enough to be num 1 at the arsenal,,
fabienski i presume is been groomed for next season so we'l hardly
buy another keeper in the jawindow if jens does go :shock:

donaldo

Post by donaldo »

[quote="rebel gooner"]
im still of the opinion that neither lehmann or almunia are good enough to be num 1 at the arsenal,,

Agree with you Rebel the one thing this team really lacks is a world class keeper. My opinion is Lehmann is past his sell-by date and Almunia is just short of being top class.Will Fabianski be the long term answer?

EdgeOfTown

Post by EdgeOfTown »

^^ I think he has to be. World class keepers are not only hard to come by, but very expensive. I can't see Jens playing again, which is a shame because the masses will remember him for why he isn't in the team rather that what he's given us in his time here.

Bring on Fabianski, looked very good every time I've seen him and is highly rated inside and outside of the club..

TheOne2Smooth

Post by TheOne2Smooth »

Trouble is every Keeper at Arsenal gets compared to big dave

Magic Hat

Post by Magic Hat »

I think Jens will get his place back, I can just see Almunia's lack of quality being shown up at Anfield and against Man U.

Wayno

Post by Wayno »

TheOne2Smooth wrote:Trouble is every Keeper at Arsenal gets compared to big dave
True Smooth but even big Dave stayed past his sell by date. Lehman was a geat keeper but is now on the decline. Almunia is not and I don't believe ever will be a great keeper. Fabianski is a possibility for the future but I do believe that we need a world class keeper and soon. Obviously all the great keepers playing at Europes top clubs are already cup tied for the Champions League so we may have to wait until the Summer for Arsenal to flex their financial muscle and buy in a Mr Big.

REB

Post by REB »

TheOne2Smooth wrote:Trouble is every Keeper at Arsenal gets compared to big dave
yeah and big dave was compared to lukic,, who had jennings etc etc always going to happen to a keeper at a club that wins things :wink:

EdgeOfTown

Post by EdgeOfTown »

Thats because a world class keeper really is THAT important to a team..Like every chelsea keeper in the future will be compared to Cech and every man U keeper for the last 6-7 years has been compared to schmeichel..
We need to buy/groom a keeper that CAN be compared to Big Dave, until then I think the elusive champions league will remain elusive..

All_Arsenal_1886

EdgeOfTown wrote:We need to buy/groom a keeper that CAN be compared to Big Dave, until then I think the elusive champions league will remain elusive..
I have heard Wenger a couple of occaions compare to Fabianski to Seaman's style of play so maybe he is looking to groom him into our next 'world class' keeper...?

Wayno

Post by Wayno »

All_Arsenal_1886 wrote:
EdgeOfTown wrote:We need to buy/groom a keeper that CAN be compared to Big Dave, until then I think the elusive champions league will remain elusive..
I have heard Wenger a couple of occaions compare to Fabianski to Seaman's style of play so maybe he is looking to groom him into our next 'world class' keeper...?
Lets hope you are right AA1886.

All_Arsenal_1886

Also Arsene said when he was in the market for a keeper there was only two who he wanted, Craig Gordon and Lukasz Fabianski and that Gordon wasn't avalible at the time.