ARSENAL V BOLTON

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Magic Hat

Post by Magic Hat »

Clichy fouled after a great run but no penalty, we don't have Gerrard in our side or else it would be

REB

Post by REB »

HLEB MAN OF THE MATCH FOR ME,, DIDNT GIVE THE BALL AWAY ONCE AND TRYED TO BEAT PEOPLE EVERY TIME,,
WE COULD HAVED SCORED MORE AND MAYBE HAD A PENALTY,, EBOUE AND DE SILVA GOING OFF WAS PROB THE TURNING POINT AS UP TO THEN WE DIDNT HAVE MUCH UP FRONT,, THEO WAS WELL UP FOR IT AND WAS BEATING MEN AT WILL AND MADE A GREAT RUN FOR THE SECOND GOAL,, BAD FIRST HALF , :? GOOD SECOND HALF :D
BIGGER CHALLENGES AHEAD BUT ANOTHER THREE POINTS :wink: :wink:

COM ON YOU RIP ROARING REDS :wink:

REB

Post by REB »

Magic Hat wrote:Clichy fouled after a great run but no penalty, we don't have Gerrard in our side or else it would be
WAS A GREAT RUN,, AND IT WAS A PEN :shock:

T.S

Post by T.S »

For the amount of chances Ade gets, 6 goals isn't really good enough. I've watched him pretty closely this game, and although he's done a lot of running around, he is so, so wasteful for a top level striker.

gus ceasar is a legend

Post by gus ceasar is a legend »

Resuurect the Adebayor post Tony!

REB

Post by REB »

POOR OLD ADE TRYED TODAY BUT HE'L NEVER BE A GOALSCORER.. IN FACT HE COULD AND SHOULD HAV SCORED AT LEAST TWO TODAY

augie

Post by augie »

The 3pts is what matters most but on occasions we were woeful today. I've long since believed that this team only know 1 way to play and that is with pace and when we do it there are fuck all teams that can live with us. Too often today we looked lethargic(could be the international break) and against a spoiling team like bolton it plays right into their hands. I know we have an "eboue cant defend" member on this forum but he/she should consider changing the name to "eboue aint no winger". It is not his fault but I was opposed to this move from the start as felt it was both a cheap option(instead of buying a winger) & would restrict theo's development. Thought both of our subs made a huge impact today which is great for both players confidence & hleb + clichy were our best playrs by a country mile. Am very concerned again though about our options(or lack of them) up front - we have 2 natural strikers with 1 obviously injued(rvp) while eduardo hasnt had enough games to "bed in" yet and with the games coming up we cannot afford to dry up in the goalscoring dept

Bergkamp95

Post by Bergkamp95 »

Have to say we were very poor in the first half chances were there and we didnt take we did a lot better in the second half super free kick from kolo.Walcott palyed very well when he came on and did briiliantly to set up Rosicky for our second goal nice finish from him.As for Adebayor and Eboue should have taken their chances properly

Belfast Boy

Post by Belfast Boy »

Yes we definately let Bolton knock us out of our stride, and we were not at our best, we were lettin them drag us down to their level gettin involved in the sort of game that suited them rather than us instead of concentrating on our football, and tho I agree with all the previous posters about our failings, Bolton were up for this and are experts at gettin amongst Arsenal but today we still ran them ragged and fought for the right to play our game and we were much better in the 2nd half and after 75 mins Bolton looked knackered, our possession and passing game is winnin us games without playin paricularly well!

timao

adebayor

Post by timao »

When Ade first signed I was a big fan if for nothing else than a few touches in link up play with Thierry Henry which showed genuine class. Then I started topdoubt his ability as a finisher. I began this season firmly resolved to have complete faith in the guy no matter what - and Saturday was one of those "no matter what" days. He will come back stronger for that experience.

Walcott + Eduardo = fox in the box

Galasso

Post by Galasso »

Hleb was the best Arsenal player on the pitch.

And it isn't so often that the 2 worst players on the day actually both get substituted, :idea:

Disappointed with Adebayor as he eemed to ignore Eduardo at least twice when he was in a better position.

And as augie has mentioned, we were very pedestrian until the subs came one.

Rosicky, if fit, can play a big part for us. Fits in really well with our style of play and has alot of heart to go with it

All_Arsenal_1886

Post by All_Arsenal_1886 »

Hleb was man of the match and once he moved from the wing to behind Ade he was even more affective, smart subs by Le Boss (something he once got critisised for) he seems to be getting it wright this season. I also thought Clichy was great as usual and reliable going forward and getting back to defend also you can see the confindence growing withing him.
We didn't play great football at times but got the job done, something we couldn't do in resent seasons.

daz10_uk

Post by daz10_uk »

I agree AA1886 the mark of a good team is winning even when you dont play well

donaldo

Post by donaldo »

The original line up was all wrong,Helb was played on the wrong side and the hopeless Eboue is not good enough to play out-wide in this team.The subtitutions made the difference allowing Helb to move in the middle.Theo is getting better with each run out. Surprised Bendtner wasn"t even on the bench.And Ade needs a goal

All_Arsenal_1886

Post by All_Arsenal_1886 »

donaldo wrote:And Ade needs a goal
Isn't he second top scorer in the Premier League ??