Captaincy - Should it still be Cesc ?

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

Verminator or Fabregas to be captain

Tommy V
31%
Cesc
45%
Bring back Tony Adams
24%

Total votes: 29

IrishJB

Captaincy - Should it still be Cesc ?

Post by IrishJB »

Why is it we [ARSENAL] don't do the conventional - normal things re discipline anymore?

ie in GG's days, re Cesc's shennanegans in the summer, Mr Graham would have taken the captaincy off of him (ie like Citeh will do re Tevez, albeit slightly diff circumstances), but not AW!

I'm really NOT happy about him captaining us v Barca (if he's back for the games v them!) - can even see him scoring an own goal to fk us right off! (as AW wouldnt let him go!)

Vote here for TV to be captain as soon as he's back in the side! (Hopefully January)

Irish Gooner

Post by Irish Gooner »

Why does Vermaelen deserve the captaincy? Because he's a tough CB..?

He's no Adams or even Keown or near it. I've never seen Vermaelen organising a defence, nevermind the team.

And I've never seen him in the referees ear either like Fabregas.

None of them are good enough compared to other captains, but stripping it off him to give it to another average candidate will do nothing.

Post by 1989 »

He's a rubbish captain, but probably the best for the role which says it all really regarding the lack of leaders in this squad.

Compare it to the Invincibles when we had real leaders - Vieira, Sol, Ralph, Toure, Dennis, Parlour, Keown, Lehmann, Gilberto even Henry was more of a leader than anyone in the current squad.

"Shared Leadership" (whatever the fuck that is) is the way to go though, as Turnip would say. :barscarf: :banghead:

donaldo

Re: Captaincy - Should it still be Cesc ?

Post by donaldo »

IrishJB wrote:Why is it we [ARSENAL] don't do the conventional - normal things re discipline anymore?

ie in GG's days, re Cesc's shennanegans in the summer, Mr Graham would have taken the captaincy off of him (ie like Citeh will do re Tevez, albeit slightly diff circumstances), but not AW!

I'm really NOT happy about him captaining us v Barca (if he's back for the games v them!) - can even see him scoring an own goal to fk us right off! (as AW wouldnt let him go!)

Vote here for TV to be captain as soon as he's back in the side! (Hopefully January)
What a stupid comment.This is the guy who scored a penalty against his beloved Barca with a broken leg

augie

Post by augie »

Cesc is our best player, our talisman and our leader and there is no way in the world I would take the captaincy away from him as things now stand. Cesc has voiced the same concerns and frustrations that most of us Gooners have expressed and just cos our beloved leader ( :roll: ) decides to ignore them oesnt mean that cesc should be punished

marcengels

Post by marcengels »

IrishJB wrote:Why is it we [ARSENAL] don't do the conventional - normal things re discipline anymore?

own goal? :awnker: :roll:

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

I know Cesc has been out of form but FFS JB this post is ridiculous. :roll:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

While Cesc is our best player, I always thought he shouldn't be captain. He is not a natural leader. But then, none of them are. He is probably the best of a bad lot though as far as captain goes so no I wouldn't take it off him unless we signed a real leader (which we won't).

I thought Henry was a terrible captain too. And Gallas.

Would also say the "own goal" jibe is ridiculous. :oops:

Gunnersaurus

Post by Gunnersaurus »

He is only captain now to keep him here, he is the most un-captainlike player in the squad who is struggling to inspire himself at the moment let alone anyone else.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Gunnersaurus wrote:He is only captain now to keep him here, he is the most un-captainlike player in the squad who is struggling to inspire himself at the moment let alone anyone else.
I think you'll find that is Comedy Eboue. :lol:

If the cúnt ever got the armband he'd probably think it was hilarious to start wearing a sea captains hat or some such retarded shite... :roll: :banghead:

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

I think I will be the only one here who thinks Cesc is a good Captain, regardless of the Barca shennanigans during the summer.

He is a top class pro and although not at his best at the moment he is trying his heart out, he just looks unfit due to niggling injury problems.

The own goal comment is very disrespectful and I am sure was done in a rash moment, bit like when my wife called me a *word censored* this morning, she doesn't really mean it.......ok bad analogy....she just confirmed she does :cry:

I read a bit on sky's website that jack would love to be captain one day and I can see this happening, he really gives it his all and has more passion than diaby, eboue, denilson, song and arshavin put together.

MegaGooner

Post by MegaGooner »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:I think I will be the only one here who thinks Cesc is a good Captain, regardless of the Barca shennanigans during the summer.

He is a top class pro and although not at his best at the moment he is trying his heart out, he just looks unfit due to niggling injury problems.

The own goal comment is very disrespectful and I am sure was done in a rash moment, bit like when my wife called me a c**t this morning, she doesn't really mean it.......ok bad analogy....she just confirmed she does :cry:

I read a bit on sky's website that jack would love to be captain one day and I can see this happening, he really gives it his all and has more passion than diaby, eboue, denilson, song and arshavin put together.
+1 8)

cusamano

Post by cusamano »

Cesc for captain.
If he leaves the armband should be passed to RvP.

RNTGOONER

Post by RNTGOONER »

szcheny will be the next captain

Percy Dalton

Post by Percy Dalton »

RNTGOONER wrote:szcheny will be the next captain

Will he do that before or after he saves the human race?

After all, he is the Second Coming.

8)