DJOUROU!

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

DJOUROU!

Post by 1989 »

First Arsenal CB since Sol Campbell (?) to keep Dogbreath quite. Take a bow son! 8)

Andrei says Shhhhh

Post by Andrei says Shhhhh »

He was outstanding!!

This boy needs to stay fit and get a run in the team.

Spiral

Re: DJOUROU!

Post by Spiral »

1989 wrote:First Arsenal CB since Sol Campbell (?) to keep Dogbreath quite. Take a bow son! 8)
Djourou kept him at bay LOL

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Let's not get carried away here but he did brilliantly tonight. Certainly deserves a run in the side. Mixed it physically with Dogbreath and made some vital clearances. Well played Johan. 8)

BournemouthRED

Post by BournemouthRED »

Well said, deserves to be first on the team sheet!

DanielD

Post by DanielD »

Was brilliant!

MickeyFabs

Post by MickeyFabs »

Started a thread also. When the Verminator comes back they should play together. Kos had a good night also!!!

SPUDMASHER

Post by SPUDMASHER »

The whole team played well tonight but I have had serious doubts about Clichy recently. He got caught out a couple of times tonight as well. I wouldn't necessarily drop him but he does need to step up a bit or Gibbs will be pushing him hard for his place. I like Clichy a lot and I know he is much better than his form this season.

O'Leary

Post by O'Leary »

Agree with all of that lads. Djourou is a solid, fast, centre half who has always been injury prone. If we can pair him with Vermaelen and keep them fit they will be good. Though I think he'll go with Koscielny and Vermaelen.

As for Clichy? agree again. He's lost his cool, been caught out too many time for anyones liking of late.

A cracking result for us, despite what anyone says about Chelsea being out of sorts. Never heard a word about Lampard despite this huge comeback.

O'Leary

MickeyFabs

Post by MickeyFabs »

SPUDMASHER wrote:The whole team played well tonight but I have had serious doubts about Clichy recently. He got caught out a couple of times tonight as well. I wouldn't necessarily drop him but he does need to step up a bit or Gibbs will be pushing him hard for his place. I like Clichy a lot and I know he is much better than his form this season.
Clichy last great game was against Barca at the Nou Camp, if Gibbs can stay healthy, he will dislodge him. But with the gaffer you never know!

Barriecuda

Post by Barriecuda »

Played well, has taken a good step towards changing my perception of him. Keep at it Djourou, I don't mind being proven wrong if it helps Arsenal!

Andrei says Shhhhh

Post by Andrei says Shhhhh »

MickeyFabs wrote:
SPUDMASHER wrote:The whole team played well tonight but I have had serious doubts about Clichy recently. He got caught out a couple of times tonight as well. I wouldn't necessarily drop him but he does need to step up a bit or Gibbs will be pushing him hard for his place. I like Clichy a lot and I know he is much better than his form this season.
Clichy last great game was against Barca at the Nou Camp, if Gibbs can stay healthy, he will dislodge him. But with the gaffer you never know!
I'd rather buy Leighton Baines to be honest.

donaldo

Post by donaldo »

Andrei says Shhhhh wrote:
MickeyFabs wrote:
Clichy has been crap for two seasons now yet Wenger has never dropped him so what makes you think Wenger will now.

Arsenal 1991

Post by Arsenal 1991 »

donaldo wrote:
MickeyFabs wrote:
Clichy has been crap for two seasons now yet Wenger has never dropped him so what makes you think Wenger will now.
He hasn't really had anyone to drop him for.

donaldo

Post by donaldo »

Arsenal 1991 wrote:
donaldo wrote:
MickeyFabs wrote:
He hasn't really had anyone to drop him for.
Thats a lame excuse if Gibbs cant stay fit go out a buy a good left back