Wigan

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
augie

Post by augie »

FrenchGun wrote:Some very bad decisions on the team line up today by Arsene...

However we were trully and utterly robbed! Their penalty is one of the worst ref decision ever! No contact and not even in the box!!! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
The tackle on Walcott when he's in the box IS a penalty! And Nasri's free kick stopped by the defenders hand is blatant!!!!

The ref's decisions were utterly disgusting...

On another note we played poorly but I didn't expect anything better from our B team. Diaby, Denilson, Eboue, Bendtner, Rosicky, Kos... None of them are first teamers in my eyes.
Arshavin, despite his nice goal was sh*t! HE just doesn't seem to understand the team gameplay.
CHamack also has been a ghost for some time now. Absolutly no hold up play, and even Bendtner with his baby elephant touch seemed to keep the ball longer than chammy!!!
Diaby's cameo was something special. HE went back to shag the Nurse. Not sure Van Persie and ROsicky will appreciate this...
Finally there will be one day when our midfield will be clear of that poor excuse of a footballer who pretends to be Brazilian... I can't wait for this day to come along....

We were robbed ???

The only people that were robbed is the fans who continually pay membership and extortionate ticket prices, who buy overpriced club merchandise made in nike sweat shops, who continue to fill up the souless bowl almost 100% of the time but most of all the fans who pay big money to travel to shitholes like wigan only to see wenger treat them and the opposition with contempt........that is robbery :evil: :evil: :evil:

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

mcdowell42 wrote:.How many goals have we conceded from set pieces this season.
I agree, I reckon this has been our major fault for the last five seasons.
Wenger has not solved it and it scuppers our chances of winning a league title.
Last edited by QuartzGooner on Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Presume aw did an interview after the game anyone hear what he had to say.

Nick Bendtners Ego

Post by Nick Bendtners Ego »

:evil:

Still f'ing livid :banghead: Typically same ol' . After Chelski the heart , hopes and optimism soar to dizzy heights only for them to be kicked back to earth with the usual resounding kick in the bollocks .Seriously Wenger , the old adage , if it ain't
broken ,don't fix it . But oh no , the arrogant indulgent streak in him won't allow common sense to prevail . This Season is heading for the most frustrating in a long time with me feeling that the lasting image is going to be Wenger's flailing arms , beseeching officials and anyone who will look as to why life has so being cruel to him . Going to have to open those eyes sometime Arsene and look closer to home . Until that happens , we ain't going nowhere .

BournemouthRED

Post by BournemouthRED »

mcdowell42 wrote:Presume aw did an interview after the game anyone hear what he had to say.
Something like this, blah blah blah bull shit blah blah

M-50

Post by M-50 »

mcdowell42 wrote:Presume aw did an interview after the game anyone hear what he had to say.
motd on soon. don't like watching it but have to tune in to see what he says

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

BournemouthRED wrote:
Something like this, blah blah blah bull shit blah blah
Thats what i thought :wink:

DanielD

Post by DanielD »

PLEASE!! No more Diaby! No more Denilson! No more Eboue (at left back anyway)! No More Rosicky! No more Bendtner! No more Squilachi and Koscielnly at the same team! And please for the love of god, no more Andrei Arshavin!!! (an assist and a goal, all the rest was negative. Start with Walcott every fucking time ahead of him).

Arsene, that was the worst team selection I've ever seen! How come united and chelsea can play with the two-three changes in the starting XI, and we have to make eight changes and play with the worst central midfield I've ever seen at Arsenal.

It's pathetic! I'm not negative about Arsene usually, but today he has out done himself.. Well Done. :banghead:

AA23Northbank

Post by AA23Northbank »

Mental spirit? Desire? Toughness? :roll: :banghead:

M-50

Post by M-50 »

augie wrote:
FrenchGun wrote:Some very bad decisions on the team line up today by Arsene...

However we were trully and utterly robbed! Their penalty is one of the worst ref decision ever! No contact and not even in the box!!! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
The tackle on Walcott when he's in the box IS a penalty! And Nasri's free kick stopped by the defenders hand is blatant!!!!

The ref's decisions were utterly disgusting...

On another note we played poorly but I didn't expect anything better from our B team. Diaby, Denilson, Eboue, Bendtner, Rosicky, Kos... None of them are first teamers in my eyes.
Arshavin, despite his nice goal was sh*t! HE just doesn't seem to understand the team gameplay.
CHamack also has been a ghost for some time now. Absolutly no hold up play, and even Bendtner with his baby elephant touch seemed to keep the ball longer than chammy!!!
Diaby's cameo was something special. HE went back to shag the Nurse. Not sure Van Persie and ROsicky will appreciate this...
Finally there will be one day when our midfield will be clear of that poor excuse of a footballer who pretends to be Brazilian... I can't wait for this day to come along....

We were robbed ???

The only people that were robbed is the fans who continually pay membership and extortionate ticket prices, who buy overpriced club merchandise made in nike sweat shops, who continue to fill up the souless bowl almost 100% of the time but most of all the fans who pay big money to travel to shitholes like wigan only to see wenger treat them and the opposition with contempt........that is robbery :evil: :evil: :evil:
+1

USMartin

Post by USMartin »

TeeCee wrote:Wenger has always said he won't make many signings out of season because he thinks continuity is so important...........well what about a bit of continuity in the TEAM you deluded old fart? If a couple of players need resting, fine, 8 players is utterly ridiculous and asking for trouble. This is not the thinking of a top manager it really isn't.
Your comment would make more sense if said that having players like Fabianski, Denilson, Eboue, Rosicky, Bendtner, Koscieny, Squillaci, Diaby, and Chamakh(whom I like actually) in a club like Arsenal"s senior team squad at all is not the thinking of a top manager.

Of course than comes the question why are they there now and why weren't they there from 1998-2005? Could it be the money we keep hearing is available to spend now was actually available to spend then?

So long as our finances remain what they are this is the ebst we can hope for - a holding action for the Champions League Place. No top manager besides the one under contract now would sign to manager Arsenal with the cureent financial policies in place unless their sole goal was a fat paycheck for themselves.

We have a really good half of a team - not as good as 2002 or 2004 no but not bad at all. But in 2002 and 2004 - we had very good whole teams. Our problem remians that half the team is simply substandard now and underinvested in, even if some there are overpaid relative to their skills or experience(overpaying Denilson significantly still costs less than paying for a proper defensive central midifelder)
Last edited by USMartin on Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

selsdon

Post by selsdon »

Overall he believed we weren't mentally focused enough and the eight players he bought in weren't physically or emotionally ready. He did think Denilson was technically brilliant and that Diaby should only be out for 7 mths with his chipped toenail.

LeoGooner

Wigan

Post by LeoGooner »

Yes, I'm as angry as anyone but not enough to lose all perspective. From what I saw on a dodgy stream, we played quite well for most of the first half but not in the second.

There were plenty of poor decisions - their pen wasn't, but Fabianski's challenge not long after was a clear pen. We should have two pens (Walcott fouled and the handball) and the red card was correct - so of five big decisions the ref only got one right, and that was only because the 4th official saw it; I expect a relegation for Probert.

What we learnt tonight was nothing new about Wenger but more about the players - our second XI should be good enough to beat Wigan. I didn't think Fabianski was at fault for the equaliser, the centre halves were.

There is no point calling for Wenger's head... I want him to go but it won't happen yet. . the result tonight means we have to win on Saturday and beat City - most of us would have taken 10 points from these 4 matches.

:shock: :shock: :cry: :cry:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

USMartin wrote:
TeeCee wrote:Wenger has always said he won't make many signings out of season because he thinks continuity is so important...........well what about a bit of continuity in the TEAM you deluded old fart? If a couple of players need resting, fine, 8 players is utterly ridiculous and asking for trouble. This is not the thinking of a top manager it really isn't.
Your comment would make more sense if said that having players like Fabianski, Denilson, Eboue, Rosicky, Bendtner, Koscieny, Squillaci, Diaby, and Chamakh(whom I like actually) in a club like Arsenal"s senior team squad at all is not the thinking of a top manager.

Of course than comes the question why are they there now and why weren't they there from 1998-2005? Could it be the money we keep hearing is available to spend now was actually available to spend then?

So long as our finances remain what they are this is the ebst we can hope for - a holding action for the Champions League Place. No top manager besides the one under contract now would sign to manager Arsenal with the cureent financial policies in place unless their sole goal was a fat paycheck for themselves.

We have a really good half of a team - not as good as 2002 or 2004 no but not bad at all. Our problem remians that half the team is simply substandard now and underinvested in, even if some there are overpaid relative to their skills or experience(overpaying Denilson significantly still costs less than paying for a proper defensive central midifelder)

Please US we are all in pain without you heading down the road u seem intent on going.

M-50

Post by M-50 »

We're on SS1 now