What games we have left

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DanielD

What games we have left

Post by DanielD »

After seeing the back of City and Chelsea for the rest of the league campaign, having played already at OT and Anfield. With the addition of tough away games at Villa, Everton and Brum. It means we have half a season ahead of us that is full of "regular" games, apart from 2-3 "big" matces (Sp*rs away, Manure at home come to mind).

If we can produce the same kind of performances from recent matches in these games, we can make a very solid run in early 2011 and we can put Pressure on United.

Speaking of which, the red mancs have to play Chelsea (home and away), Sp*rs (away), City (home), Liverpool (Away) and Arsenal (at the grove). Lots of points to lose right there.

Irish Gooner

Post by Irish Gooner »

Only an utterly deluded person would expect this team to go away to:
Spurs
Blackpool
Bolton
Stoke
West Ham
Newcastle
West Brom
Fulham

And win at least 7, while also beating United . Impossible and it always was.

It's time to wake up and smell the coffee, anyone who thought we had a easy run in is an idiot, why only last season we had an easy run in and what happened there? Wigan, Blackburn etc embarrassed us.

United are unbeaten and while they will lose a few games, they can well afford to. They have had this league wrapped up since Chelsea's demise.

Bring Back Pires

Post by Bring Back Pires »

The plus side of our run-in is that we've only got Man Utd (h) and Tottenham (a) remaining out of the big boys. And the latter could be pushed back to the end of the season if/when we make the Carling Cup final.

However, we're more than capable of losing to anyone in the league without prior notice, so there's really no point in analysing the fixture list too much.

DanielD

Post by DanielD »

I didn't say we were goona win 7 out of these 8. I don't think we need more than 5 to win the league this season. United may be still unbeatable, but they haven't impressed me one bit so far. Their performances against Stoke and WBA were awful, and you have to be mad if you think they can get away with it every week.

Unless they improve themselves dramatically over the next 5 months, I can't see a reason why we can't catch up a 7 points gap (if they win at Blackpool).

mrgnu1958

Post by mrgnu1958 »

if we win the league we will...if we dont we wont

SammyDroppedHisShorts
Location: In front of the best fans on earth. The Arse and all.

Post by SammyDroppedHisShorts »

its all set up for the third title truimph at Shite Heart Lane

And why cant we think we can go away and win the majority of that list?
Why say someone is deluded in thinking it?
Its unlikely yes, but its not against the realms of possibility.}And why cant we beat Man Fucking United....

Irish Gooner dont call people deluded.....i will always back my team in any game and on paper we CAN win that lot....are you not going to look a twat if we do succeed?

As i said its unlikely....but then again....it could happen

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

I think manure next league game is away to scum that would normally be easy for them but and i hate to say it scum playing well bar tonights result

donaldo

Post by donaldo »

Everyone has been saying that Utd have been shite all season.What the fuck happens when they do hit form? And remember our "easy run" in last season? :oops: Wengers arrogance when we play the smaller teams doesnt fucking help us.No more playing weakened sides :banghead:

Irish Gooner

Post by Irish Gooner »

SammyDroppedHisShorts wrote:its all set up for the third title truimph at Shite Heart Lane

And why cant we think we can go away and win the majority of that list?
Why say someone is deluded in thinking it?
Its unlikely yes, but its not against the realms of possibility.}And why cant we beat Man Fucking United....

Irish Gooner dont call people deluded.....i will always back my team in any game and on paper we CAN win that lot....are you not going to look a twat if we do succeed?

As i said its unlikely....but then again....it could happen
Listen I'm just being realistic, the same people now were bleating the same rubbish last season about an easy run in.

If by some miracle we won it, I wouldn't give a shit what I looked like on here, as I'm sure you would if we didn't.

And games are played on grass not paper, on paper means nothing. By all means we can all dream, I do enough of it, but realistically it is highly unlikely we will win the league.

If we had won against City and Wigan which we should have, then that would be different, but now, nope not for me.

Arsenal 1991

Post by Arsenal 1991 »

Irish Gooner wrote:Only an utterly deluded person would expect this team to go away to:
Spurs
Blackpool
Bolton
Stoke
West Ham
Newcastle
West Brom
Fulham

And win at least 7, while also beating United . Impossible and it always was.

It's time to wake up and smell the coffee, anyone who thought we had a easy run in is an idiot, why only last season we had an easy run in and what happened there? Wigan, Blackburn etc embarrassed us.

United are unbeaten and while they will lose a few games, they can well afford to. They have had this league wrapped up since Chelsea's demise.
I thought Chelsea had won the league already. :? :roll: :wink:

chyren1

Post by chyren1 »

mrgnu1958 wrote:if we win the league we will...if we dont we wont

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

I do not think we will win the league, but if Wenger buys correctly in January we can increase our chances.
For me so much depends on bringing in another centre back and defensive midfielder.

shu

Post by shu »

good post Daniel , the point being that on paper we have played ll but Manure at home and Spuds away compared to Manure. Don't know where the pistol carrying Irish Gooner !!!!!!!(what a apt avatar ) got the idea that you thought we would win all 7 . If he had not written 1600 posts i would have thought he was manure.

I still think we need a goalie and atleast a strong centre back.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Easy run-ins do not exist for us. This team is just as capable of losing to any of those "lesser" sides as it is of beating them.

Post by 1989 »

Sp*rs will beat Manure.