Well Done Ipswich!

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
franksav63
Location: Home - Whitechapel - Arsenal Block 6 - Twitter - @franksav63

Post by franksav63 »

Fair play to Ipswich, and fair play to all the Arsenal supporters who made the journey..

Perhaps if Ipswich finish us off in the 2nd leg, it will finally make the club wake up and get rid of Mr Knows, as winning this cup will be seen as some sort of progress within the club.

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

I cant bring myself to congratulate Ipswich :cry:

Gooner_Sam

Post by Gooner_Sam »

Well done Ipswich, you made Denilson look average..

Oh wait.

basilbrush14

Post by basilbrush14 »

Captain Fabregas wrote:This well done Ipswitch shit is getting annoying, it's more like congratulations Ipswitch you got to play against a bunch of useless c**ts and score an offside goal on a shit pitch :wink:
oooooooooooooooooo! Blaming the pitch! You're sounding like Arsene now blaming the pitch!

They do wear football boots!

highburyJD

Post by highburyJD »

the pitch was terrible but who cares
there's no excuse for how bad we were
the worst thing was it actually looked like we were trying
to quote a certain movie 'it was the sh*tness' that was our prob

and they shut the station hotel bar post match so I couldn't even drown my sorrows on carlsberg in plastic and buy burger bun with some manky fried oven chips for £2.50 (which I was genuinely planning to do- because that blonde barmaid was relatively saucy and gave me a wink). So instead I got to stand on my, packed delhi style, £35 one hour train...joke

denilson was actually one of our better players which is as damning an indictment of our performance as I've given for a while

as is now the norm half our away support wr out of their minds on gack, this was exacerbated by the struggle we all faced getting booze that wasnt 70% water which would at least have levelled out all the amphetamines (big cubicle queues easy urinal access) - dont understand how these teenagers hearts can take that shite coupled with our performances. The twitchy paranoia was palpably kicking in all around me after about ten mins (that said the twitchy paranoia on the pitch came not long after)

saw fights nearly kicking off between gooners several times. it was a microcosm of this message board.
-this is the worst arsenal team ever
-I dont think so
-eff off you c-u-next-tuesday u will be gone when wenger leaves
-actually I've been going for 60 years and seen far worse teams tis you who is a feckwit who should eff off and support chelski etc etc

I was too dispirited and knackered to even get involved. (my 2 year old has an ear infection so I've not slept for 3 nights)

djourou was actually decent till he fell to bits 60 mins in
kos and denilson undermined decent performances by throwing in horrific unnaceptable errors every 20 mins. Arshavin had his standard mare, did Bendtner play? Poor Gibbs, who's the only one our crowd excused for his mistakes - made a hell of a lot of them. Actually who cares about the match review, everyone was pretty much rubbish (Song OK off the bench I guess). We failed to get the ball to walcott who was nearly decent when he did get it I suppose. wilshere couldnt deal with the plowed pitch.

every champ team has terrorised this lot - their pitch is pants but champ teams just play 4-4-2 and push them back. Wengers tactics were as bad as any players performance. 2 def mids wtf WHY?

everytime either team punted the ball long the other side looked in loads of trouble. was a low quality embarrasment.

the only positive I can drag out of this week is
- last friday if you wr offered 1 win 1 draw and 1 defeat from the next 3 we would have delivered the 1st 2 results so far...

just to cheer everyone up the tube will be fecked home from shitty east london on Sat. I'm seriously thinking about getting a motorbike taxi back to Islington, will be about £40.

we're still in with a genuine shot in 4 competitions. it could be a lost worse
we could be scousers (or worse those gloryhunters old enough to pick 'Pool rather than ManUre)

piresistible

Post by piresistible »

I had a suspicion it would happen and the recent string of results have proved it. Arsenal just can't cut it in this winter period. That 3-0 walkover at Birmingham aside, we've drawn with Wigan, Man City and Leeds and of course most recently lost to Ipswich Town. You know how women go a little wonky when it's that time of the month, I think Arsenal have a 'that time of the season' every January.

NBM

Post by NBM »

piresistible wrote:I had a suspicion it would happen and the recent string of results have proved it. Arsenal just can't cut it in this winter period. That 3-0 walkover at Birmingham aside, we've drawn with Wigan, Man City and Leeds and of course most recently lost to Ipswich Town. You know how women go a little wonky when it's that time of the month, I think Arsenal have a 'that time of the season' every January.
City aside the other games have seen Wenger change the lineup. Chavski and Brum we put out what we consider to be our strongest 11. F**k squad rotation, only use the "fringe" players if you really, really have to.

piresistible

Post by piresistible »

NBM wrote:
piresistible wrote:I had a suspicion it would happen and the recent string of results have proved it. Arsenal just can't cut it in this winter period. That 3-0 walkover at Birmingham aside, we've drawn with Wigan, Man City and Leeds and of course most recently lost to Ipswich Town. You know how women go a little wonky when it's that time of the month, I think Arsenal have a 'that time of the season' every January.
City aside the other games have seen Wenger change the lineup. Chavski and Brum we put out what we consider to be our strongest 11. F**k squad rotation, only use the "fringe" players if you really, really have to.
To be honest I think the players have qualities, our style of play is good, we were just not good enough. I think the main issue is we have a full squad, which didn’t happen for a long time. Actually, everyone was used to play “a littleâ€

I Hate Hleb

Post by I Hate Hleb »

tinpot lane wrote:Bollocks, shit club with shit support. How many did they drag out the woodwork tonight?
But what did you think of Ipswich? :oops: :oops: :lol: :lol: :wink:

LDB
Location: Having a cup of tea and waiting for all this to blow over

Post by LDB »

Ipswich played to their level but really, when you're playing against a team who were unable to play the simplest of passes and didnt even look like they could be arsed to run about it doesnt require anything more then championship standard to expose them.

highburyJD

Post by highburyJD »

I agree with LDB
sometimes teams look poor because the opposition stop them playing
we basically stopped ourselves

enjibenji

Post by enjibenji »

anyone come back on the train last night !?

I hear it got nasty !?

highburyJD

Post by highburyJD »

was nasty in our away end
full of gakked up teenage essex boy mockney alleged gooners trying to fight proper fans

HashKads

Post by HashKads »

enjibenji wrote:anyone come back on the train last night !?

I hear it got nasty !?
It was kicking off infront of me in the stadium but couldn't see what was happening exactly?

enjibenji

Post by enjibenji »

kingjayson1 wrote:
enjibenji wrote:anyone come back on the train last night !?

I hear it got nasty !?
It was kicking off infront of me in the stadium but couldn't see what was happening exactly?
Not to sure about the stadium

I Seen though that it was pretty nasty in the train on the way back. I think the rosetinters got a bit of a shock, put it that way :lol: