DIRTY LEEDS F.A. CUP 3RD REPLAY THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Captain Fabregas

Post by Captain Fabregas »

Nasri will play so we will win.

LeoGooner

DIRTY LEEDS F.A. CUP 3RD REPLAY THREAD

Post by LeoGooner »

stefanek wrote:Very true Augie - Unfortunately a sign of the times and now I think some of the fans (not the hardcore Away Boys) are treating the FA Cup like an AW team selection, its not top of their priority list for attending - especially when its midweek and a Replay....
I'm full of admiration for our away fans. Fucking scandal that the FA cup is still included on the home season ticket. :evil:

topgoon

Post by topgoon »

Anyone know the pubs that are safe to drink in or where the away boys ill be.

Don't fancy ending up in the wrong pub and being treated to the 'Woodgate/Bowyer style' welcome to Leeds. Quite partial to all my limbs being attached in the right places. :oops: :) :wink: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Gooner Gus

Post by Gooner Gus »

The Drysalters, about 10 minute walk apparently. The Old Peacock is a 'no go' especially with a southern accent.

M-50

Post by M-50 »

Leeds 2 Arsenal 3 :wink:

Entertaining end-to-end affair is on the cards. We'll outscore them though :-P

Leedsgooner1

Post by Leedsgooner1 »

topgoon wrote:Anyone know the pubs that are safe to drink in or where the away boys ill be.

Don't fancy ending up in the wrong pub and being treated to the 'Woodgate/Bowyer style' welcome to Leeds. Quite partial to all my limbs being attached in the right places. :oops: :) :wink: :barscarf: :barscarf:
Replied in the Leeds tickets post topgoon :barscarf:

Leedsgooner1

Post by Leedsgooner1 »

Gooner Gus wrote:The Drysalters, about 10 minute walk apparently. The Old Peacock is a 'no go' especially with a southern accent.
It is a ten minute walk from the ground but if anybody fancies chancing it then my kids will be offering Northern talk lessons after school today :D

Although i live close by even i can't go in there as i still have my southern accent having moved up from Wimbledon only 12 years ago 8)

gunner_ace

Post by gunner_ace »

RE pubs.

The Drysalters is okay but not a total away pub, usually 50/50 with home support, but normally okay

Elland road is a 10 minute bus or taxi from the city centre. You should be okay in any pub that is not a weatherspoons or Yates type affair. Go for a slug and lettuce, all bar one etc and you should avoid any leeds fans.

Apparently my Leeds mates said they dont mind arsenal so hopefully shouldonly be light hearted banter (as if).[/quote]

NaNaNasri

Post by NaNaNasri »

Looking forward to this now. :barscarf:

Gooner Gus

Post by Gooner Gus »

I Fukin expect a decent performance. Finished night shift at 7am and on route to Leeds now. Hopefully get a few hours kip on the train.

Leedsgooner1

Post by Leedsgooner1 »

NaNaNasri wrote:Looking forward to this now. :barscarf:
Me too, can't wait & i think were gonna turn it on bigstyle tonight :barscarf:

topgoon

Post by topgoon »

Cheers all for the pub info, see you all in there.

Should be a good night....if the team turns up...whichever one he puts out :( :oops: :wink: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

COYGS :barscarf:

Nick Bendtners Ego

Post by Nick Bendtners Ego »

See Becchio is now a doubt for the game Back injury apparently .
Could do without his presence when they start lumping it forward . Would definitely make it a quieter night for Djourou and Kos .

psychoangus

Post by psychoangus »

I guess the team will include Arshavin, Chamakh and Rosicky tonight? As long as Bendtner isn't playing, Arshavin will play well I predict.

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

psychoangus wrote:I guess the team will include Arshavin, Chamakh and Rosicky tonight? As long as Bendtner isn't playing, Arshavin will play well I predict.
I'd be more concerned by the inclusion of Denilson, esp if it's at the expense of Nasri or Song.