Newcastle Away Match

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
aw

Post by aw »

Oh well, we won a valuable point in a tricky away fixture and gained a point on the leaders. Szczęsny made 2 or 3 word class saves and Theo had an exceptional hard work. We were a little unfortunate that some of the refs decisions were a bit harsh esp the2 penalties. I am a little bit miffed that Diaby got sent of for a little push when he should have killed the C##T.

Bring Back Pires

Post by Bring Back Pires »

Sky is officially biased.

Just watching Sky Sports News and they were showing all the goals, and whilst they showed the incident that led to the first penalty for Newcastle, they completely ignored the 'foul' that led to the second penalty and just showed the goal instead.

Glossing over one of the key moments in the game is completely scandalous. It's outrageous really, but we're used to it with Sky now, sadly.

Peeman

Post by Peeman »

Bring Back Pires wrote:Sky is officially biased.

Just watching Sky Sports News and they were showing all the goals, and whilst they showed the incident that led to the first penalty for Newcastle, they completely ignored the 'foul' that led to the second penalty and just showed the goal instead.

Glossing over one of the key moments in the game is completely scandalous. It's outrageous really, but we're used to it with Sky now, sadly.
Same on Irish premiership show. Just discussed how poor we were and that it should have been 5-4 coz their offside goal. Ronnie Whelan the *word censored*. Didn't even show "foul" for peno in their analysis. Ronnie still prob thinks Smudger's goal shouldn't have counted :barscarf: :barscarf:

cardinal2011

Post by cardinal2011 »

I have just worked a late night shift and avoided hearing the scores all day. Just watched MOTD on Sky+ when I got in. What the f*%k happened there? :shock: :shock: :shock:

I won't be able to sleep now after seeing that!! :banghead:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

cardinal2011 wrote:I have just worked a late night shift and avoided hearing the scores all day. Just watched MOTD on Sky+ when I got in. What the f*%k happened there? :shock: :shock: :shock:

Christ knows, mate. I'm still trying to figure out how we fucked away a 4-0 at half time that looked like a training session... :(

Post by 1989 »

cardinal2011 wrote:I have just worked a late night shift and avoided hearing the scores all day. Just watched MOTD on Sky+ when I got in. What the f*%k happened there? :shock: :shock: :shock:

Best not to avoid checking the scores again mate.

This team is not good for your heart.

Nasri8

Post by Nasri8 »

We made the mistake of staying in Newcastle for the night. Geordie c*nts have made sure I'm hurting tonight.

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Just watched it on MOTD this morning for the first time.

Bartons challenge was fair - if one of our guys did it we'd be screaming what a great challenge

Me and others have said on here before that Diaby is technically gifted but brainless and boy did he show it. He'll never be a great player because he is stupid....genuinely.

Was never a penalty for the foul on Williamson but they also had a good goal ruled offside by the same lino so let's get over this 'ref lost us the game', he did nothing of the sort.

Our central defenders were shocking once Djourou had gone. YET AGAIN we see how poor we are in that area and yet Wenger still sees no issues. Words fail me

You have to credit Newcastle, they poured on the pressure and like other times in the past year, we folded completely. We're a good team, not a great one. We're incredibly inconsistent and that is what will cost us the league title. Our defence will cost us a CL place. We could do the cup double if Wenger plays our strongest team in every match and we don't have major injuries, but we could easily end up potless again as well if the casual, complacent, mentally weak Arsenal turn up.....and no-one knows the answer to that one!

Percy Dalton

Post by Percy Dalton »

Haven't seen the game yet but I am ,looking forward to a cricket score as the last I heard we was 4 nil up after 30 minutes.

8)

franksav63
Location: Home - Whitechapel - Arsenal Block 6 - Twitter - @franksav63

Post by franksav63 »

Hmmmm.... a total disgrace, I didn't think it was a penalty (the 2nd one) and seeing it today, confirms that, we really are a team with no back bone or bollocks, I knew what was going to happen after the thick *word censored* that is Diaby went, I've never felt such anger as yesterday, a total fucking embarrassment....
Last edited by franksav63 on Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

franksav63

Post by franksav63 »

... Oooppppsss, edit that went wrong... :?

Percy Dalton

Post by Percy Dalton »

franksav63 wrote:Hmmmm.... a total disgrace, I didn't think it was a penalty (the 2nd one) and seeing it today, confirms that, we really are a team with no back bone or bollocks, I knew what was going to happen after the thick c**t that is Diaby went, I've never felt such anger as yesterday, a total fucking embarrassment....
I know we wasn't 4 up against them but the 4 all against Tottingham still hurts me more.

:cry:

MK Gould

Post by MK Gould »

Haven't seen MOTD yet - although past experience is that would hardly give a fair indication of whether this was a fair result. All I know is that the 5 live commentary team were in no doubt about the major decisions.

Diaby sending off was harsh (albeit me thinks stupid to put yourself in that position when you are 4-0 up). First penalty wouldn't have been given if scores were level. Barton should have been sent off for punching Chesney - which resulted in a booking for Chesney himself. And the second penalty was a joke.

Now as I say, I haven't seen it yet, but while BBC were revelling in the comeback they were also in no doubt (at the time at least) that it was largely down to poor refereeing decisions.

That said - there is something about our defending which leaves me feeling more uncomfortable than you should when in seemingly unasailable positions. Was I the only one when 3-0 at Upton Park who still felt a little jittery? I always felt that if West Ham scored they could be right back in the game. That said, even I didn't feel like that at 4-0 yesterday.

PS in my time watching the Arsenal the biggest lead I'd seen blown was to lose 2-3 at Derby, and again at Villa, after being 2-0 up.

franksav63

Post by franksav63 »

Percy Dalton wrote:
franksav63 wrote:Hmmmm.... a total disgrace, I didn't think it was a penalty (the 2nd one) and seeing it today, confirms that, we really are a team with no back bone or bollocks, I knew what was going to happen after the thick c**t that is Diaby went, I've never felt such anger as yesterday, a total fucking embarrassment....
I know we wasn't 4 up against them but the 4 all against Tottingham still hurts me more.

:cry:
Yes, Percy, but it follows a similar capitulation.... you can excuse it happening once, but it happens to regular to this team to be a coincidence...

MK Gould

Post by MK Gould »

Nasri8 wrote:We made the mistake of staying in Newcastle for the night. Geordie c*nts have made sure I'm hurting tonight.
Mentally I hope, not physically. If the former then who can blame them. Bet you boys were milking it when 4-0 up :lol: ! You have to be able to take it when it goes the other way!