As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
goonerchump

Post by goonerchump »

As this is my first post I'm not going to join everyone in the ticket request queue as that wouldnt be fair, although I am slightly annoyed that after attending every home game and 9 away games so far this season alone I don't qualify for one (Silver and Travel Club Member) but hey, thems the rules I guess...

Anyway, I heard that Birmingham's allocation is possibly going to reach a 'general sale' period so I was wondering if anyone else was considering buying a ticket in their section? Appreciate it's probably not the best idea in the world but based on the ridiculous prices I've seen online it seems to be the only feasible option to actually be there on the day

Any feedback/opinion would be welcome, thanks

:barscarf:

AFC1886

Post by AFC1886 »

Not a bad idea if it means you get to see the final :barscarf: Personally its not something i'd do as wouldnt be able to keep quiet so probably get chucked out after 5 minutes!!

I agree with you though, your allowed to attend every game by using a Travel Club membership but when its a final it means nothing. I used 2 memberships for away games (ST and Travel Club) both have over 40 credits but for Wembley I can only get 1 ticket.

I understand that a ST holder who doesn't go to any away games should still be able to go to the final as they've committed to every home game but its still annoying. :banghead:

BournemouthRED

Post by BournemouthRED »

I dont think i could sit with 30000 brummies singing taylors name!

HashKads

Post by HashKads »

MK Gould

Re: CC Cup Final (Another post)

Post by MK Gould »

goonerchump wrote:Anyway, I heard that Birmingham's allocation is possibly going to reach a 'general sale' period so I was wondering if anyone else was considering buying a ticket in their section? Appreciate it's probably not the best idea in the world but based on the ridiculous prices I've seen online it seems to be the only feasible option to actually be there on the day

Any feedback/opinion would be welcome, thanks

I've posted about this a couple of times on the ticket thread as I think its a great opportunity for ticketless gooners..

Most of the true blues are going to be sitting behind the goal, so stands to reason that the more expensive seats towards the half way line are likely to be the ones still available when they come on general sale. Provided you are not too gobby then I don't think you would have any problems. Those seats are going to be so close to the neutral section (which you would imagine would be mainly gooners) that you should feel fairly much at home.

My memory of Wembley cup finals was that there were always a good number of fans who ended up with tickets in the wrong end and I can't recall seeing people being battered or kicked out.

northbankbren

Post by northbankbren »

give the chump a chance. :wink:

Welcome :barscarf:

Bangkokgooner

Post by Bangkokgooner »

I'm going for the Birmingham end. I guess there are a few thousands left for general sale. So finger-cross for that.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Check the official Birmingham City website, amazingly they are putting tickets on Ticketmaster on next Monday 7th Feb..General sale from Birmingham is on 22nd Feb., obviously dependent on availability. they also have a facility for fans who bought tickets on the day of games with cash to buy Final tickets, by bringing ticket stubs to their box office.. I imagine that this all means that nearer the day there will be some tickets available.

Chippy

Post by Chippy »

Changed the name of the thread. Welcome mate but please don't start new threads just for the sake of it. (known as vanity threads by an esteemed colleague).

Why not tell us where you sit on the rosetinter/realist spectrum? :twisted:

MegaGooner

Post by MegaGooner »

Chippy wrote:Changed the name of the thread. Welcome mate but please don't start new threads just for the sake of it. (known as vanity threads by an esteemed colleague).

Why not tell us where you sit on the rosetinter/realist spectrum? :twisted:
Changed the thread name to "member" - KingJayson will be in here soon. :lol: :wink:

goonerchump

Post by goonerchump »

thanks all for your comments, just had chance to read them after attending yesterday's 'eventful' match but thats another topic entirely...

So sounds like people have had the same idea, its far from my preferred choice obviously but knowing there might be other gooners in there makes me feel a bit better about buying a ticket if available :)

Thanks also for the advice on starting new threads etc, I should have had a proper look for similar posts before doing so so will make sure I bear this in mind in the future, I think its because I was very conscious for this post NOT to look like a begging letter for tickets as I've seen so many on here already so hopefully it wasn't perceived as this...