West Ham get Olympic Stadium

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

LDB wrote:
StuartL wrote:Which is precisely why Gold, Sullivan and Brady "invested" in West Ham.
A nice little earner
What having a shiny new 60,000 stadium in london within pissing distance of the corporates also does is make one attractive for sugar daddy takeovers.

Dont be surprised if in 4 years time west ham becomes a vanity project from oil barons in a made-up middle eastern country.
Aren't there any scrap metal merchants in the middle east then ?

I agree LDB, buy the club, move into a paid for stadium - flog it off, lovely jubbly.

I would guess the value of the club now is probably a lot higher than a year ago - but it was up for sale, so anyone could have taken them on and took the gamble.

donaldo

Post by donaldo »

norfbankN16 wrote:To be honest I cant see anyone moving into the Olympic Stadium. Also if the 'ammers do stay up and avoid relegation they still wont be able to fill it, we can't even fill ours.
Too right.Thousands of empty seats again today.Offical attendance 60,050 :lol: :lol: :lol:

I Hate Hleb

Post by I Hate Hleb »

But we sold the tickets - that what's important!! :banghead: :banghead: Don't know why so many people get stressed out about it. :roll: :wink: :lol: :lol: :wink:

Dan_85

Post by Dan_85 »

That's a hell of a distance between pitch & stands :lol: :shock:

norfbankN16

Post by norfbankN16 »