London Supporters Map

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: London Supporters Map

Post by DB10GOONER »

Of more relevance.... why?!! :lol: :wink:

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

augie wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 1:09 pm
How in gods name did you find this thread after SEVEN YEARS ? :shock: :shock:
Maybe he started at the beginning of time and found this one the most informative on here ?

HARLOW GOONER

Post by HARLOW GOONER »

You’ve got no fans. You want sum? I’ll give to yer

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

HARLOW GOONER wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 9:11 pm
Wealdstone warrior ? :box:

Theoperator

Post by Theoperator »

StuartL wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 7:40 pm
augie wrote:
Maybe he started at the beginning of time and found this one the only informative one on here ?
:rubchin: Possibly. :wink:

But no Boreham Wood FC, terrible omission

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

Pretty damning if the first thing a new poster finds worthy of comment is seven years old.

Interesting map though, looks like they been using the dot to dot method. Brent and North West London in general has loads more gooners than Chelski fans. As for Haringey, do me a favour Muswell Hill, Crouch End, Harringay ladder all Arsenal Heartlands. It’s only when you move towards the shitty eastern ie towards their ground side of the borough that the spuds are more prevalent. Enfield Town historically was more spud territory, but these days there’s a lot more gooners in the area.

HARLOW GOONER

Post by HARLOW GOONER »

StuartL wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 9:33 pm
HARLOW GOONER wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 9:11 pm
Wealdstone warrior ? :box:
That’s the one. The Wealdstone Raider. Gordon Hill.

Sean

Post by Sean »

Interesting map. I'd like to see an updated version of it, extending into the home counties.

I'd think that our support base had more of Hackney, Brent and Haringey though. Our support seems to spread out into north-west London and a little into the east. Into Enfield and Barnet, we overlap with the scum. That random blob in Hillingdon is probably where Tarquin came from. I'd think we'd have a fair bit of the home counties from west Essex to Berkshire.

I'd think that Chelsea have spread out even more in the past 15 years. The rugger crowd in Richmond and Surrey would seem to have all gone over to the chavs, as their training ground is in Cobham. There's a generation of kids that are growing up seeing the chavs as the most successful team in London, whilst we had turned into a bit of a joke under the former manager. A lot of the Manure fans in Surrey probably have kids who support the chavs now. A lot of the new arrivals are either not interested in football, or are full-blown gloryhunters.

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

Sean wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 4:50 pm
Interesting map. I'd like to see an updated version of it, extending into the home counties.

I'd think that our support base had more of Hackney, Brent and Haringey though. Our support seems to spread out into north-west London and a little into the east. Into Enfield and Barnet, we overlap with the scum. That random blob in Hillingdon is probably where Tarquin came from. I'd think we'd have a fair bit of the home counties from west Essex to Berkshire.

I'd think that Chelsea have spread out even more in the past 15 years. The rugger crowd in Richmond and Surrey would seem to have all gone over to the chavs, as their training ground is in Cobham. There's a generation of kids that are growing up seeing the chavs as the most successful team in London, whilst we had turned into a bit of a joke under the former manager. A lot of the Manure fans in Surrey probably have kids who support the chavs now. A lot of the new arrivals are either not interested in football, or are full-blown gloryhunters.
You got it pretty spot on there imo. Defo for Haringey and Enfield the support is along the Picadilly line side. You never see loads of spuds around when they are at home in these areas. They tend to come in from east Enfield and Herts on the trains.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

StuartL wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 7:40 pm
augie wrote:
Maybe he started at the beginning of time and found this one the most informative on here ?
Does that mean he's got a time machine? :shock: :shock: :shock:

8)