London Supporters Map

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
MK Gould

Post by MK Gould »

_James_ wrote:I would expect a few AFC Wimbledon fans in Croydon as Wimbledon played there for so many years at Selhurst park.
My aunt, who has just become the first member of my family to turn 100, lives in a high rise in Thornton Heath and you can see Selhurst Park out of one of her windows and the arch of Wembley out of another!

PS When Wimbledon played at Selhurst they were a national joke and always outnumbered by the away fans. Not sure where the "AFC" Wimbledon fans have surfaced from but for most of them I don't think it can have much to do with the original football club (albeit that I bet few would admit that).....

Deise Gooner

Post by Deise Gooner »

MK Gould wrote:
_James_ wrote:I would expect a few AFC Wimbledon fans in Croydon as Wimbledon played there for so many years at Selhurst park.
My aunt, who has just become the first member of my family to turn 100, lives in a high rise in Thornton Heath and you can see Selhurst Park out of one of her windows and the arch of Wembley out of another!

PS When Wimbledon played at Selhurst they were a national joke and always outnumbered by the away fans. Not sure where the "AFC" Wimbledon fans have surfaced from but for most of them I don't think it can have much to do with the original football club (albeit that I bet few would admit that).....
I always thought afc wimbeldon were set up by the fans when wimbeldon fucked off to MK?

olgitgooner

Post by olgitgooner »

MK Gould wrote:

A few years ago my local Rymans League team had a home cup tie against AFC Wimbledon.

The usual home attendance is about 200. AFCW brought around 1,500 fans for a nice day out in the Sussex sunshine. It was mental! :D

A great bunch of lads and ladies. They drank the bar dry.

I have the utmost respect for the original Wimbledon. They came up from the Southern League. Got to the top flight, and stayed there for many years. With bugger all money.

And, of course, there was that great cup final. :D :D :D

fadidaeus

Post by fadidaeus »

I'd say the western part of Haringey is at least 50% Arsenal, I remember at junior school the easiest way to pick teams was Arsenal fans v Spurs fans & there would be no one left over bar a couple of Liverpool fans (as a kid in the 80's I didn't know anyone that supported Man Utd, Liverpool were the choice of the "undecided").

maddog

Waste of a thread & graphics

Post by maddog »

This guess work is laughable , only 2% of Tottenham fans live there, likewise most of Chelsea support in Surrey and beyond. West Hams is mostly in Essex , load of tosh ...

I Hate Hleb

Post by I Hate Hleb »

RNTGOONER wrote:Kingsmead ! :shock:

I live the other side of mabley green, with the all the other "well to do people".
Posh bastard!!!! :roll: :wink: :lol: As you probably know, in Kingsmead you're lucky if you even have a door, let alone the opportunity to leave it open!! :oops: :lol: :lol: :wink:

MK Gould

Post by MK Gould »

Deise Gooner wrote:
MK Gould wrote:

I always thought afc wimbeldon were set up by the fans when wimbeldon fucked off to MK?
They did well then as there was only 3 of them and one of them was a Chelsea fan who couldn't get tickets for home games.

AFC Wimbledon? AFC Bandwaggon more like it......

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

I had the book the Soccer Tribe, where this map originates and I loved it, it was a great comparison of the tribal rituals that nearly all football fans go through at some stage or another - wearing colours, singings songs, threatening guestures etc - was simply fascinating.

I particularly remember about 20 pictures of the same fan (in drawings) and you had to rate how "hard" he appeared depending on his clothes - ie with scarf around neck, tied to his wrist, wearing a denim jacket, just a t shirt and jeans or wearing green trousers and all the subsequent combinations.

Hours of fun :D

RNTGOONER

Post by RNTGOONER »

I Hate Hleb wrote:

I live the other side of mabley green, with the all the other "well to do people".
Posh bastard!!!! :roll: :wink: :lol: As you probably know, in Kingsmead you're lucky if you even have a door, let alone the opportunity to leave it open!! :oops: :lol: :lol: :wink:
:) grew up in Kingsmead was posh when i lived there! :D ....

we had windows as well back then!

I Hate Hleb

Post by I Hate Hleb »

RNTGOONER wrote:
I Hate Hleb wrote:

:) grew up in Kingsmead was posh when i lived there! :D ....

we had windows as well back then!
:shock: :shock: :shock:

Oh the luxury!!! Was your dad the care-taker or something? :? :wink: :lol: :lol: :wink:

AA23Northbank

Post by AA23Northbank »

I went to school in Haringey (well, Highgate so on the edge of Haringey/Camden) and I wouldn't exactly say it's near-exclusively Spurs as I know lots of gooners in Muswell Hill/Crouch End, and there is no way that Brent has that many Chavs fans :? :evil:

Deise Gooner

Post by Deise Gooner »

AA23Northbank wrote:I went to school in Haringey (well, Highgate so on the edge of Haringey/Camden) and I wouldn't exactly say it's near-exclusively Spurs as I know lots of gooners in Muswell Hill/Crouch End, and there is no way that Brent has that many Chavs fans :? :evil:
I think its just a fucking lazy Chelsea play in West London so WL must support them same with QPR the majority of Ealing doesnt support them id say its half and half with the Bees.

Almunia is a clown

Post by Almunia is a clown »

I bet Arsenal have more ST & Memberships in Harrigey than the Middlesex **** do :barscarf:

The whole of the West of Harringey is majority Arsenal, Hornsey, Crouch Hill, Muswell Hill, Highate &ect,

Wood Green & South Tottenscum / Stamford Hill is split down the middle I reckon.

And more of the Gooner dominated N4 postal district is actually in Harrigey than Islington!!!! :barscarf:

So the Yds are outnumbered in their own borough!!!!!!!!! :barscarf:

Mchayward7

Re: London Supporters Map

Post by Mchayward7 »

What's the deal with Bethnal Green/Whitechapel area? No-one seems to know who has the stronghold there. And I'm not talking now, I'm talking before WW2 right up until the 70s/80s when most people from the area moved out to Romford etc.The real East end (Aldgate to about Mile End) is a funny area, especially Bethnal Green/Whitechapel because although in distance terms Arsenal is the closest team (let's exclude Millwall) there was the direct over ground train service to WHL and also it's an 'E' post code and we all know West Ham are the team of East London.

augie

Re: London Supporters Map

Post by augie »

How in gods name did you find this thread after SEVEN YEARS ? :shock: :shock: