London Supporters Map

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Henry Norris 1913

London Supporters Map

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

I'm thinking this is a bit old. Saw it on arseblog.

Seems to look favourably towards chelski. And barnet are outnumbered by arsenal fans- in barnet! :lol: :oops: :oops:

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

They had that book in our school library. I was not keen on chemistry so they gave me special permission to sit at the back of the class and read, as long as I kept quiet.
So I used to get this book out and remember that map.

It would have been mid 80's so the book is dated from then or earlier as Henry suspects (1981 first edition), but the map posted looks to be updated to an extent.

I always thought it nice that there was still a little cluster of our fans around Woolwich.

I reckon a more updated one would have more of our fans from further afield in the Home Counties, especially Hertfordshire towns like St. Albans, Stevenage, Hatfield, Welwyn etc, but the map does show that a bit.

I grew up in Harrow and I can say during the 80's that fans where I lived and went to school with were nearly all either Arsenal or Spurs, with a small group of QPR (who used to come to Arsenal games when their team was up North), and the odd Liverpool and Watford fan.
Last edited by QuartzGooner on Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:29 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Boomer

Post by Boomer »

No-one on Hamstead heath supports anyone?

Doesn't KingJas frequent there? :wink: :lol:

HashKads

Post by HashKads »

Boomer wrote:No-one on Hamstead heath supports anyone?

Of course :lol: How do you think I met George? :lol:

Boomer

Post by Boomer »

kingjayson1 wrote:
Boomer wrote:No-one on Hamstead heath supports anyone?

Of course :lol: How do you think I met George? :lol:
:lol:

northbankbren

Post by northbankbren »

That map is rubbish, I live in Acton (ealing), And I can guarentee it isnt QPR and Chelsea, yes the chelski have come out of the wood work last 5 years but QPR :lol:

There are far more Fulham fans in acton than qpr. I know it doesnt show northern teams, but liverpool and man ure and chelski wold be the most supported in my part of ealing.

northbankbren

Post by northbankbren »

They've got surrey wrong too, my sister lives in chessington and it is chelski big time there.

Deise Gooner

Post by Deise Gooner »

northbankbren wrote:That map is rubbish, I live in Acton (ealing), And I can guarentee it isnt QPR and Chelsea, yes the chelski have come out of the wood work last 5 years but QPR :lol:

There are far more Fulham fans in acton than qpr. I know it doesnt show northern teams, but liverpool and man ure and chelski wold be the most supported in my part of ealing.
From Ealing myself and that very true i know hardly any Chelsea fans most people are United, Liverpool or Arsenal. Brentford have a few more fans in Ealing than the map suggests too.

stg

Post by stg »

Is that light green colour the main Manchester united supporters colour?

northbankbren

Post by northbankbren »

Deise Gooner wrote:
northbankbren wrote:That map is rubbish, I live in Acton (ealing), And I can guarentee it isnt QPR and Chelsea, yes the chelski have come out of the wood work last 5 years but QPR :lol:

From Ealing myself and that very true i know hardly any Chelsea fans most people are United, Liverpool or Arsenal. Brentford have a few more fans in Ealing than the map suggests too.
Spot on in fact id say 60-70% of brentford fans are ealing based. There are a good few gooners too, but the chelski lot really have come out of the woodwork last few years.

Boomer

Post by Boomer »

Why the fuck is there Barca fans in Harrow! :roll:

Deise Gooner

Post by Deise Gooner »

Boomer wrote:Why the fuck is there Barca fans in Harrow! :roll:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

stg

Post by stg »

Boomer wrote:Why the fuck is there Barca fans in Harrow! :roll:
All the rich boys in Harrow school, they like the Spanish boys there they never let a daygo by..........without showing their support!!!!!!!

MK Gould

Post by MK Gould »

I suspect that this might have held true 50 years ago but these days the lines are more blurry. I doubt that Brentford and Leyton Orient are the best supported teams even in their own "manor"! And football on TV now means that people are less wedded to their local side.....

Don't know what the stats are, but I'd suspect that the support for most of the big clubs these days actually does come from the home counties. At one time you could virtually guarentee that West Ham would be in the majority all the way along the Thames estuary towards Southend. Harlow, where I was born and bred, was 80% spuds and Stevenage from memory was mainly Arsenal.

RNTGOONER

Post by RNTGOONER »

Hackney seems to me to be about 70% afc with spurs and victim supporters bethnal green seems to have alot of wham fans at school in hackney i don't recall anyone supporting cfc so i would say the map is bogus