Bartley

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Irish Gooner

Bartley

Post by Irish Gooner »

Been reading glowing references on the Rangers forums about him today. He was moved into midfield and performed brilliantly. Heres a few snippets, sounds like a player we should be using not mis-using.
He's fucking huge! :lol:

Brilliant performance though.
I only listened to the game, but I heard he looks supremely talented on the ball.

No surprise that an Arsenal centre back is a better footballer than half our midfielders
I see where you're coming from, but I think Bartley is a lot leaner than TomHud.

Huddlestone looks like a power lifter, Bartley more of a muscular Thierry Henry. Both lads are absolute tanks though!
Superb debut by the big man. A mixture of Edu's athleticism and McCulloch's tough tackling. His ball retention considering he's a natural centre half puts Edu to shame and he managed to get through the hour he played without giving away countless stupid fouls like McCulloch does game in game out.
Bartley's gonnae get ye !!!! Likes a tackle eh ? He's a giant.
He is some size n all! It was funny watching the ref give him a warning.

Sounds exactly the type of CB we need, the continued highlighting of his power and size can only be good.

Begs the question why does Turnip feel the French dumb and dumber pairing are good enough and Bartley is not getting a chance.

Another case of Turnip rating average French rubbish better than they are.

Post by 1989 »

Bartley is well hard takes no shit that lad.

BournemouthRED

Post by BournemouthRED »

The loan will do him good, rather have him than ss18 tho

marcengels

Post by marcengels »

BournemouthRED wrote:The loan will do him good, rather have him than ss18 tho
That doesn't look good - in fact, it all makes sense now

:lol: :wink:

Andrei says Shhhhh

Post by Andrei says Shhhhh »

Had a couple of Text's from Rangers supporting mates raving about this lad.

They are clamouring for him to play against Celtic next Sunday.

One also wondered why SS18 is getting a crack of the whip before Bartley.

xDAVEYx

Post by xDAVEYx »

highlights of the game against motherwell:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/9396435.stm

couple contributions of note. important to remember that yeah, he dominated the midfield, but it was only motherwell, championship standard. give the lad a chance, we wont get a wilshere coming through every year, not every kid with promise is going to reach their perceived potential. i'd love to have a proper arsenal lad pushing song for his place in the middle and keeping squillaci away from the starting or reserve XI...

donaldo

Post by donaldo »

The SPL is the equivalent of the 1st division.Even Stokes is scoring goals up there.Would you have him back?.If Bartley cant perform at that level he really would be struggling

augie

Post by augie »

If he is good enough and if he is showing so well in midfield then I would like to try him there. As far as I am concerned we still lack a big physical tough tackling DM and if this guy can do the business then so much the better. Of course we cannot ignore the quality of the opposition tho I am still reluctant to slate the big two teams just because they play in the spl and I would question if the gult is as big as it used to be given the alarming slide in standards in the epl of late

RNTGOONER

Post by RNTGOONER »

augie wrote:If he is good enough and if he is showing so well in midfield then I would like to try him there. As far as I am concerned we still lack a big physical tough tackling DM and if this guy can do the business then so much the better. Of course we cannot ignore the quality of the opposition tho I am still reluctant to slate the big two teams just because they play in the spl and I would question if the gult is as big as it used to be given the alarming slide in standards in the epl of late
I would not be reluctant to say he is more mobile and has more awareness than the Brazilian crab

JMascis666

Post by JMascis666 »

I think playing for Rangers will do him good, playing in high pressure games where not winning is unthinkable in front of vocal and expectant crowds.

Although the standard of the opposition is not what it could be and he would appear to be playing out of position.

NaNaNasri

Post by NaNaNasri »

Rangers friend said the other day that he would never start Bartley against Celtic. Yesterday I spoke to him and he had changed his tune alot, in his words 'he better bloody start, he is brilliant - surprised you loaned him to us with the trouble you've got, he could get into your team already.'

:shock:

I've never, ever heard him talk like this about a player before.

Rocky Number Seven
Location: North Bank, Turnstile D, Block 7, Row 8, Seat 225 / Essex

Post by Rocky Number Seven »

xDAVEYx wrote:highlights of the game against motherwell:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/9396435.stm

couple contributions of note. important to remember that yeah, he dominated the midfield, but it was only motherwell, championship standard. give the lad a chance, we wont get a wilshere coming through every year, not every kid with promise is going to reach their perceived potential. i'd love to have a proper arsenal lad pushing song for his place in the middle and keeping squillaci away from the starting or reserve XI...
Great ball out to the wing for whittaker leading up to Rangers 2nd. Dont care what level it is to pick the weight of a pass like that means you have got talent.

Rugby Gooner

Post by Rugby Gooner »

Maybe he will start tonight in the Europa League match.

kg1794

Post by kg1794 »

Rugby Gooner wrote:Maybe he will start tonight in the Europa League match.
Think he will cos Naismith is injured.

LDB
Location: Having a cup of tea and waiting for all this to blow over

Post by LDB »

Didnt start Bartley tonight.

Still no idea why this guy is sitting on rangers bench when we've got a trip to leyton orient on sunday :?